How to improve my abilities

I just tried drawing hentai today, and while I'm surprised that it came out even somewhat decently, I'm wondering how I could improve the quality of future artwork. Any suggestions? Here are the 2 drawings I made, each using a reference:

Spoiler:

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/922008-L91SMIW.png
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/922009-8AVBT6C.png
i think just learning how to draw would be good.

people will say that my answer is to vague but all we usually say is the same old thing 'learn structure and anatomy'
By that, you mean that I should better learn the proportions of different parts of the body to each other, and their placement?
as of right now just learning how the human body look and works would be good

how long have you been at this level of work?
it feels like you just grabbed a pencil and went 'ima draw'.

also if you can re-scale your images before you up load them
try using basic shapes like circles and tubes for the body to get the proportion a bit accurate .... then add the added flesh in it for the curves .... while looking at your reference ....
Not gonna sugarcoat it, you suck, but that's okay everyone sucks at first. Just keep practicing, I know it's cliche but it's true.
the purportions are needing just little bit of tweaking.... Ah! who are we kidding, I could do better with a box of crayons! But keep practicing!
I suggest you study a How to Draw anime book first.
if u want to take it a step further, try learning the main muscles of the the body that make up the general shapes of both male/female (anatomy, like the comments above have said). also from what i have learned, the general length of the body in standing position from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet are 7 and a half heads long. this shortens depending on the positions (erotic or not lol) the figure is in. i can go on forever making this sound like a lecture but...im lazy hah. be a bit more loose and dnt fret over every mistake. dnt make every dam line hard and bold, ease up on ur pencil/tablet pen thingy. DNT do the same thing over and over again, and by this i mean dnt make a mistake and then do it again with a thoughtless attempt (this is where learning from ur mistakes comes in). take your time/keep practicing, rome wasn't built in a day and neither will ur skills. practicing one body part at a time helps, when u finally get the gist of some of them u may bring them together.....uhhhh OH YEA! one more thing, if ur head starts to hurt/brain farts while ur learning that just means the DERP-ness is being pushed out of your head making more room for potential eye-gasm inducing skills :P
Yes, the bodies are kind of desproportioned.
I'd just keep trying and trying until i get better, too bad i can't draw hentai because my sister will find it.
MrShadowzs wrote...
Not gonna sugarcoat it, you suck, but that's okay everyone sucks at first. Just keep practicing, I know it's cliche but it's true.

This makes me sad and I hate it. But sadly, yes, this is the truth.
Draw and study drawing all day erryday and feel like you've made no progress at all.
Then look back at old work side-by-side with current work and realize maybe you have. hm.

I wish I'd started drawing earlier, or that I could slide by on raw talent... sigh.
yutsi wrote...
I just tried drawing hentai today, and while I'm surprised that it came out even somewhat decently, I'm wondering how I could improve the quality of future artwork. Any suggestions? Here are the 2 drawings I made, each using a reference:

Spoiler:

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/922008-L91SMIW.png
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/922009-8AVBT6C.png

Pick up the Loomis books, they're free and very good beginner books. I wouldn't suggest picking up the How to Draw Manga/Anime series right now. Even though i own a copy they're largely teaching you how to draw an exaggerated form. Which is useful when you're trying to work out a style. But right now you need to focus on straight structure. These pictures show a lack of figure knowledge. You're clearly trying to get the human form right, so i applaud not resorting to some distorted cartoony form.

http://alexhays.com/loomis/

When we draw our brains tries to pull up as much information as we have on the subject matter. In this case it's a human female, most people have a very basic knowledge of the human figure. We instinctively know all humans have two arms, two legs, a torso and a head. But proportion and detailed structure aren't usually common knowledge, the average person doesn't need to be that observant. Artists need strong Anatomy & Gesture knowledge to pull off a convincing human figure.

There's a number of other things that can be improved here, but i'd focus on Anatomy for the time being. It's worth picking up Villipu for it's segment on gesture, i can send his book to you over Skype if you want to give me your contacts. I'll list off the other things just for future reference. The line weight is a little wonky, use hard edge lines to draw focus to a location. Meanwhile use soft lines to bring something out of focus. In the drawing of the pig tails girl the right pig tail is falling behind her shoulder. Because it's further away from the viewer you can bring it out of focus with a soft-edge.

In your second drawing you drew a full outline of the hair and then shaded it in with a light tone of gray. Our eyes will always follow the dark lines, so the hair will inevitably look like one giant clump of hair even if you spend a lot of time on the details. The easiest way to do this is to avoid drawing the entire clump of hair as a whole. Instead draw the locks of the hair.

I'll leave the anatomy out since you can read it up in books. However when drawing a human figure start with basic shaping before you set down a hard line. The first pass won't always be the best pass. Oval for the torso etc. This also gives you time to work out where you want the light source to come from. In your second picture the light source seems to be coming from above and slightly to the front of the girls. Going based off the shadow being casted on her neck. From the angle the Breasts will cast a shadow onto the chest. And the breasts themselves will have a gradation of shadow on the lower half because they're protruding outward in the shape of a ball. The belly as well will have a small half tone shadow because it's rounded. There's other half tones as well but those are the big ones i'm listing off.

Lastly the face needs some work as well, but i'd leave that for after anatomy and gesture. You seem to have used the Green Lantern symbol for the eyes :)
I was meaning to refer the yutsi to your thread IvIajoi2n on the learning to draw thread XD ....

The FAKKU Art Study Group Thread
Juggle wrote...
I was meaning to refer the yutsi to your thread IvIajoi2n on the learning to draw thread XD ....

The FAKKU Art Study Group Thread

Really should add more assignments at some point, we've all been really busy with our own projects and studies.
there is one thing everyone here forgot to mention, and that is take your time. seriously its looks like you spent ten seconds drawing each one. you know that old saying Rome wasn't build in a day, well this can be applied to drawings.

good luck.
Taking your time to draw is great :D I'm not the best, but i've gotten alot better then i have. I'm still pretty shitty though :P Dem Hands, and Dem Feet SO HARD T_T
Yo, like everyone has said: Practice. I warn you now, if you want to draw anything of a standard such as the manga on this website, then you'll probably need a lot of practice. Also, there's no short-cut to art (trust me, I've looked).

Go with the link lvlajoi2n posted, you'll have to learn human anatomy and I daresay realism!!! But then after that you can go back to manga style.

Good luck!
Practice like a motherfucker. I should probably take my own advice and do more practice as well. Lol, yeah I still suck. Anyways just keep practicing a lot and try not to go too many days without drawing anything.
IvIajoi2n said what I was going to. Get Loomis books.

It is a common mistake to skip the basics and then not know what is wrong with your drawings or have trouble with something. I've recently started out again with a Loomis book, only bad part is that, if you're drawing hentai, you'll need an additional source of anatomy for those parts he doesn't draw :P

After you got the basics, as others said and as you will also find on his book, observe things and practice.
I've been drawing for about 2-3 years now. My advice is for Anime, practice like f***ing hell, on a notebook practice drawing straight and curvy lines. For normal non Japanese, practice. Also for both, be creative see your drawings to the end...I'm self taught, so that's what helps me. I hope I've inspired you to do your best...

Start out with shitty drawing Utensils and after you get better get Faber Castell, Prismacolor, Copic Markers, Sketchbooks for markers and colored pencils.....Plus try out new ways to draw like computers, on Adobe illustrator and Photoshop.