Suicide Notes

Pages 12Next
Fruid Lurker of Threads
Saw this on the teamliquid forums, thought it'd be - interesting - to bring up here.

I do not know the validity of these notes, but they're pretty depressing either way.

Frankly, I don't think anyone with a pragmatic mindset should read these - it's a tad too depressing and surreal. If anything, it teaches that humans are a tad too honest when resigning.

"These suicide notes were gathered at the coroners' offices by a suicidologist/psychiatrist who asked to be anonymous. He edited identifying details out of the compiled manuscript, and we changed the names. But the text of each letter plus the age and sex given are real. All these people did kill themselves. Were they ambivalent about it? About half the hundred or so letters we saw seemed to have some element of doubt."

http://www.well.com/~art/suicidenotes.html
I said this once before and i will say it again:

I have very little, if not, NO respect for people that take their own lives. I know people that have been through really horrible shit and they still kept on marching on in life.

I chose death before dishonor.
DarkHadouKurosaki wrote...

I have very little, if not, NO respect for people that take their own lives. I know people that have been through really horrible shit and they still kept on marching on in life.

I chose death before dishonor.

I'll stick with your idea!

some handicapped people even go on with their lives, and even produce something worth, like the Paragames, etc.

however, people that commit suicide proven to lacking of support from others, maybe they're hesitating of dying so they write something down as a note, to show their feelings.
Yey another thread of people talking abouth something they don't even understand ! :D
lordisgaea3 wrote...
Yey another thread of people talking abouth something they don't even understand ! :D

Explain.
Isn't dying to save someone else a form of suicide? iex. Pushing someone away from a car out of control and dying, or heart transplant. I give respects to those.
lordisgaea3 wrote...

Explain.

Everyone speaking abouth suicide (i've read too many thread abouth this subject) have diffenrent opinions which is totaly irrelevant to even have an opinion on it since , unless you tryed to killed yourself , you do not understand AT ALL why they are doign it .

And from the people that can understand the problem , i also exclude people that try to kill themself to get attention (these one you can have an opinion on them , but don't put everyone on the same boat) .

And may i ask you why did you say "I chose death before dishonor. " at the end , it is contrary to what you said just before it ?
lordisgaea3 wrote...

Everyone speaking abouth suicide (i've read too many thread abouth this subject) have diffenrent opinions which is totaly irrelevant to even have an opinion on it since , unless you tryed to killed yourself , you do not understand AT ALL why they are doign it .

And i have had friends who have been on the same boat and I even was going through it several years ago when i was younger. So no.

lordisgaea3 wrote...

And from the people that can understand the problem , i also exclude people that try to kill themself to get attention (these one you can have an opinion on them , but don't put everyone on the same boat) .

Ok i can barely understand what you just said but all i can say is that i know people that are going through a really shit time. And guess what? Suicide isn't even crossing their mind. Why am i meant to have sympathy for someone trying to take the easy way out instead of trying to sort out their problems or at least try to manage with it? Hell, Their are people that killed themselves because Michael Jackson died. I'm meant to feel sorry for someone who died for that...?? No.

lordisgaea3 wrote...

And may i ask you why did you say "I chose death before dishonor. " at the end , it is contrary to what you said just before it ?

Well i can see you have taken what i said out of contrast. It means that i would rather die naturally and/or let whatever happens happen than dishonor myself by taking my own life. (i.e easy way out.) Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
ponnyy?
why are you talking about dead people.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I have only one thing to say to that :

You just proved that you do not indeed understand .
Gravity cat the adequately amused

Pretty much this.

Some people call me insensitive for having no sympathy for a person who is suicidal (although I will still try to talk them out of it), but I just find their actions pathetic and unreasonable.

The only time suicide is okay in my eyes, is if they have a terminal illness and would rather die painlessly in the comfort of their own home, because they have no choice in the matter, they're going to die one way or the other. It is not okay to end your own life because of a shit childhood or a lost loved one. It is actually really easy to force yourself to think positively once in a while and force a smile when you don't feel like it. It really does help to alleviate the mood.

Although I'm still open for discussion on this. I know very little about the subject.
lordisgaea3 wrote...

I absolutely love the fact that you just chose to ignore my entire argument and pick one bit of my sentence.

And you also think that it's ok to kill yourself under some circumstances...? There are VERY few reasons. But Really? Really...?

Forum Image: http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww221/UltimoDragon/Funny/anime_facepalm_small.jpg

Go ahead and name some reasons. If not, then you have no argument and you are talking out of your ass.
lordisgaea3 wrote...

I absolutely love the fact that you just chose to ignore my entire argument and pick one bit of my sentence.

And you also think that it's ok to kill yourself under some circumstances...? There are VERY few reasons. But Really? Really...?

Forum Image: http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww221/UltimoDragon/Funny/anime_facepalm_small.jpg

Go ahead and name some reasons. If not, then you have no argument and you are talking out of your ass.

I said i had only one thing to say and i said it , and like i said , i've discused this a million times and people never understand because they can't so it's no use discussing my point of view .

Thread transfered to random , down reped , yey ! . Even if i wanted , i won't discuss here , everytime i speak in random people down rep me because they are retards that don't seriously want to discuss .
Fruid Lurker of Threads
You both are annoying.
Suicide:
Taking your own life, for various reasons.

I know some people who did and some people who wanna do it, but it is not really their fault if you look at it in another perspective.

Wasn't the people in their lives supposed to save them from such terrible events?

Isn't the people around them responsible that it came to this point, and they somehow knew it?

If one person did something to the other person committing suicide, isn't that person supposed to come and tell them everything's gonna be alright?

I cannot help but wonder that sometimes it is the peers at fault here and not the person committing himself/herself.

Love?
Hate?
Happiness?
Sadness?
Rage?
Curiosity?

What causes them to commit suicide in the first place.

As an adult I know that people are able to sense the other persons emotions and everybody has that feeling inside them saying, " I need to talk to this person, because that person might go through tough times or do something dangerous".

So not all suicides are based on their own selfish reasons, but also based on the pain caused by the peers itself.

I have respect for the dead and the people going through difficult times, because any problem, either big or small, is a problem in general.

I say this because it is important to talk to this person, regardless if they know them or not, because you might save them from that path of a horrible road.

So I know I wrote too much, but it is my personal opinion on the people who committed suicide.

We should at least bow down our heads and think about the good possibilities they could have lived in their lives and why some didn't support them in that.

We are human beings, and thus we should act like one.

I am open to hear your stories, so if anyone needs some help. PM me and i'll try my best.
Look, thinking about suicide is a moment of weakness EMOTIONALLY. It's (to me) the same principle of breaking up in a relationship, everything just seems worse or crappy because of what happened. And Often times, under extreme amounts of stress or some form of anxiety, people just want things to end, for them not have to deal with it anymore, or just get out of people's lives.

A moment of my own weakness happened when my parents, my parents who raised me, told me they loved me and cared for me all the years I've been alive, say that you are just a parasite upon their lives.
That kind of statement is a subtle, but harsh, no not even harsh, something beyond that tends to sting and leave a lot of pain because it makes you think "Should I kill myself and let them be happy?" or "Am I just a burden upon everyone else?" and often times, you think about how killing yourself makes everything better.

I'm not saying that suicide is a good solution, but it's a viable solution. Sometimes, the cure to a problem is worse than the ailment itself and dying is the optimal way to solve everything.

But overall, I'm saying that you shouldn't just say "oh, you wussy, killing yourself over that, you pathetic person" because unless you feel the same burden, the SAME, not similar, but the SAME pain of knowing that you are just a waste of space and nothing but a burden to others, you who say you have no respect for them should really keep your mouths shut. And if you are a person who judges others before you understand them, you are choosing ignorance with your opinions.
"My darling,

May her guts rot in hell -- I loved her so much.

- Henry"

Damn, wonder what happened between these two?

This will be something to think about.
Legendary_Dollci wrote...

Dammit, I wanted to post that Carlin spiel!
kgods wrote...
Legendary_Dollci wrote...

Dammit, I wanted to post that Carlin spiel!

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Acvpc.jpg

Well I beat you to it.
Pages 12Next