Can a movie be maid that is true to the book?

Pages Prev12
Damoz ~Not A User~
It will never happen because if movies stayed true to the books, we would have long ass 5 hour movies no-one would watch.....

Setting aside hardcore fans that is~
Gravity cat wrote...
I think the more important question here is, do you have dyslexia? The grammar nazi in me is yelling at me.

The Harry Potter films kept mostly to the books, and then there's Woman in Black. That I know of, anyway.
Furry or not Furry wrote...

There is no movie based on the book eragon... O.O

Sure there might be a movie that stole some of the character names and half of a plot element, but the characters didn't even look the same as the books characters. one had a hair color change, others had age changes. always remember that the movie was a fake(in my eyes anyway)

On topic i think that depends on how much you True to the story. Cause the first harry potter movie was pretty good. They took some things out, but didn't add all that much that wasn't in the book(unlike the most recent ones ughhh)
Wait, are you asking if a director will ever be able to recreate a book page for page, shot by shot? No. Because not all parts of a book translate well into a movie, because they are two different mediums, lending to two completely different writing styles.

If you're asking if a director can create a movie with the same atmosphere and emotion as its source material, then yes easily. Look at How To Train Your Dragon. The movie is nothing like the book. But it keeps the same energy, lessons, emotion, etc. that the book had, which is why it's such a great movie.
*made

But, Hollywood has rules: sex sells, explosions attract men, good looking men attract women, and more lights then story.
Furry or not Furry wrote...
Is their a movie director out their that would make a movie true to the writers work and not turn it into a big pile of steaming dog shit?

For example: Eragon or Dragonball: Booth where great stories (one anime and the other a great book.)

Eragon is incredibly cliché and shitty. It's writing level is fan-fiction tier. And just so you don't misunderstand, I'm talking about the movie and the book.

Example of a good movie-book combo: The Godfather.

-edit-

Misunderstood the question. If you want a movie that's true to the book I'd go with Waar and say To Kill A Mockingbird.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Perhaps a television series with a decent budget can do a good job of staying true to the source material.
My favorite book-to-screen is the Godfather which works as seperate stand alones but also complimentary to each other.
Recently read/watched the Hunger Games and they were DEAD ON. Seriously. But the Hunger Games was actually scripted and produced by
the book's author Suzanne Collins so it was a lucky break. Most book turned movies are done with big budgets and stars but lack the
finesse to create a good re-telling... look at Eragon...Dragonball...Queen of the Damned...Beastly...etc
Fruid wrote...
Maid - A female servant.
Made - created.
Their - Plural Possession.
There - A location that is being pointed.
Booth - A small temporary tent or structure, used esp. for the sale or display of goods at a market or fair (google dictionary).
Both - A statement relating two individual words.
Than - A relational statement between the first noun and second noun.
Then - syn. After that, next
My - possesive statement from the speaker.
May - An expression giving possibility to the statement.

Oh my, oh my, looks like you have to teach him Kindergarten grammar lesson..

OT: Nevermind if it's made as closely as the story from the book, as long as the movie didn't break the overall story of the book itself, so who cares?
Pages Prev12