Greetings

Well, hi there. I'm adsidera and here is an info-dump about me.

I've visited Fakku for ages and only recently made an account, I'm female, I'm a linguaphile, I adore sci-fi, I play Zerg in StarCraft, and I draw and do photography.

Nice to meet you all. >w<

/goes back to lurking
Welcome to Fakku!
What kind of sci-fi is the the best kind? (Movies,books, games etc)
Lughost the Lugoat
Welcome to the forums!
Any specific reason you decided to finally make an account?
What kind of things do you like to draw/photograph?

I hope you have a good time around here.
Hey there!
What is this Linguaphile you speak of? Do you mean your a grammar nazi?
Thanks for the lovely words of welcome! Fakku seems like a great community.

Ryssen wrote...
Welcome to Fakku!
What kind of sci-fi is the the best kind? (Movies,books, games etc)

Hmm, I know it's super-generic, but I love the dystopian genre (especially Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" and the 1968 film "Planet of the Apes") and, you know, actual space stuff (guilty pleasures include the 1998 film "Starship Troopers" and the fantastic OVA "Voices of a Distant Star"). :'D

Grenouille88 wrote...
Welcome to the forums!
Any specific reason you decided to finally make an account?
What kind of things do you like to draw/photograph?

I hope you have a good time around here.

Well, I got tired of lurking. But mostly to enter the latest contest, lol.

I like doing street photography and I like drawing people, although I've been kind of in a slump lately so I'm thinking of opening up an art request thread. :)

itsame00 wrote...
Hey there!
What is this Linguaphile you speak of? Do you mean your a grammar nazi?

Hahaha, NOPE, NOT A GRAMMAR NAZI. I just happen to really like languages. ;)
Lughost the Lugoat
adsidera wrote...
Hmm, I know it's super-generic, but I love the dystopian genre (especially Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" and the 1968 film "Planet of the Apes") and, you know, actual space stuff (guilty pleasures include the 1998 film "Starship Troopers" and the fantastic OVA "Voices of a Distant Star"). :'D

I love that movie. The fact that it's as bad as it is only makes me like it more.
COOL THEN. THAT MEANS I CAN TYPE LIKE THIS! XD

Btw, is your avi hand-drawn by you? Its pretty good. You should visit the Art Thread to show some of your arts.
Welcome to Fakku!
Enjoy your stay and don't forget to Party Hard!
Welcome to the forums.
Welcome to the forums, we got lot of Sci-fi fans and all.
Hello and welcome to Fakku! So which languages do you like/speak? :)
Have you ever watched 2001: A Space Odyssey?
TheBookie King of Red
Welcome Welcome, Enjoy your stay! and a Zerg player huh......if SCII didn't always crash my computer, I would tell you I'm a play Protoss...and that I am very bad at it...lol

...but hope to see ya around.
Grenouille88 wrote...
adsidera wrote...
"Starship Troopers"

I love that movie. The fact that it's as bad as it is only makes me like it more.

OH MAN QFT. (Also, haha, just found a "Starship Troopers" drinking game. I really need to do this sometime.)

itsame00 wrote...
Btw, is your avi hand-drawn by you? Its pretty good. You should visit the Art Thread to show some of your arts.

Yup, it sure is. I'm glad you like it! I followed your advice and open announcement: if you want anything drawn, I would gladly do it. /shameless plug :')

akuma2002 wrote...

I can speak English, French, Mandarin, and Cantonese. I can also, uh, write and recite Latin; there are just too many random grammar points to think about, so I can't quite speak it OTL. I'm currently learning German, and I've always loved the sound of Korean, Swedish, and Arabic. :D

Ryssen wrote...

YES! It is a pretty great film, but not my absolute favourite. what are your thoughts?

TheBookie wrote...
Welcome Welcome, Enjoy your stay! and a Zerg player huh......if SCII didn't always crash my computer, I would tell you I'm a play Protoss...and that I am very bad at it...lol

...I-I haven't quite made the switch to SCII yet (I don't like the graphics as much because I'm weird) since I just do a lot of LAN parties with friends. LOL I AM FANTASTICALLY BAD AT PROTOSS. /highfive

Maybe you just need to find your best fit and you'll do better with Terran or Zerg? ;P
Lughost the Lugoat
adsidera wrote...
[align=justify]
Grenouille88 wrote...
adsidera wrote...
"Starship Troopers"

OH MAN QFT. (Also, haha, just found a "Starship Troopers" drinking game. I really need to do this sometime.)

This sounds wonderful.
adsidera wrote...
akuma2002 wrote...

I can speak English, French, Mandarin, and Cantonese. I can also, uh, write and recite Latin; there are just too many random grammar points to think about, so I can't quite speak it OTL. I'm currently learning German, and I've always loved the sound of Korean, Swedish, and Arabic. :D

I'm Swedish >:D

adsidera wrote...
Ryssen wrote...

YES! It is a pretty great film, but not my absolute favourite. what are your thoughts?

That movie is fan-fucking-tastic, i love every Kubrick movie. And this is not an exception. The best thing is probaly the music, everytime i hear "Blue Danube" i think of this movie.
Spoiler:

You should check out my thread - Movie suggestions/ reviews (Movie Master List).
TheBookie King of Red
adsidera wrote...

TheBookie wrote...
[/align]
...I-I haven't quite made the switch to SCII yet (I don't like the graphics as much because I'm weird) since I just do a lot of LAN parties with friends. LOL I AM FANTASTICALLY BAD AT PROTOSS. /highfive

Maybe you just need to find your best fit and you'll do better with Terran or Zerg? ;P

tried, its just when I play online I get absolutely pummeled hahaha, I'm not too good with the terran builds since I can never decide which route I wanna go, solid tier 1 units to prevent a rush but.....blah...and zerg... I dont mind really, it's just I'm used to pylons...pylons everywhere.hahaha
Hello and welcome to the forums.
welcome to Fakku. nice art work you have. and one thing more since you like languages, what other languages do you know other than English?