Best Games of 2012

Pages Prev12

Best Games of 2012

Total Votes : 35
Best game of 2012? I admittedly havent played too many games this year, anime has really replaced video games as my number 1 hobby over the last 6 months, even my mmo addiction hasnt been as prevalent as it used to be. Tera was pretty good, and the new WoW expansion was fun for a few weeks. Mass Effect 3 would win this hands down if its ending wasnt soooo aweful. I have a huge list of games i own and need to finish... right now ide probly have to go with the dota 2 beta as my game of the year for 2012, its the only game ive been consistently playing and enjoying the hell out of due to all of my friends playing it as well.
Diablo 3 should be on that list, even if the game is garbage. Could have been great if they kept the botters out and left the elites/champions the way they were at the beginning.
I find that I'm more bothered by this than I really should be, but why is Sonic Racing on this list, when Spec Ops is nowhere to be seen?
psbox362 wrote...
I find that I'm more bothered by this than I really should be, but why is Sonic Racing on this list, when Spec Ops is nowhere to be seen?

None of the lists I was looking through had Spec Ops but you're right Spec Ops should be on the list.
Ryssen wrote...
psbox362 wrote...

None of the lists I was looking through had Spec Ops but you're right Spec Ops should be on the list.

In terms of both story and overall themes, Spec Ops was by far the best this year. Yager Development really showed how to make a game that would both leave an impression and make the players think differently about an entire genre of video games.
psbox362 wrote...
In terms of both story and overall themes, Spec Ops was by far the best this year. Yager Development really showed how to make a game that would both leave an impression and make the players think differently about an entire genre of video games.

Still haven't played Spec Ops, though I heard it's really good with some weaknesses. Also The Walking Dead is supposed to be amazing, but I simply can't afford to buy more games.

From what I played this year I'd still say Mass Effect 3. It was the most enjoying and emotional game I played this year. I still can't bring myself to like the ending, but apart from those last 15 minutes it's an amazing game.

I still haven't finished Assassin's Creed 3 but it's also fun so far.

Sleeping Dogs was great too, I really enjoyed it. Something was missing for GOTY, but the combat system and the Hong Kong setting were great.

Halo 4 is good (I'm a Halo fanboy so what else can I say?), but not GOTY in comparison. It doesn't have to be either, since I love it either way.

XCOM was really great too actually, one of the better strategy games I played in a long time.
Hitman absolution gets my vote for game of the year.
Best game ever.
FGRaptor wrote...
psbox362 wrote...

Still haven't played Spec Ops, though I heard it's really good with some weaknesses.

The gameplay in Spec ops is so-so at best. Everything works fine, but nothing really praise-worthy. I heard once that it was supposed to be an intentional flaw that was meant to fit in with the whole "War is not fun" message that the game has going. I don't think this gives the developers too much credit as the game actually chastises you for what you've done and even upright tells you to stop playing if you don't like what's happening.
Ammy wrote...
> Xenoblade Chronicles isn't listed
> poll invalid

This. I know it came out like 2010-2011 around there in Japan but it came out for those in the US and Europe in 2012
FarCry3 for me
Shout out to BO2 better then I expected to be. Still to many campers tho
I don't really have a "GOTY" but Dishonored, XCOM and Dark Souls deserve an honorable mention
Despite controversial ending the Mass Effect 3 story line was incredible so I gotta give it props as my favorite game in this list.

only other games worth mentioning for me are Hitman: Absolution which was quite good, Halo 4 was everything I expected it to be so it was good, and Dishonored was actually one of the most interesting almost taking my number 1 spot.

I have yet to play Farcry 3 or Borderlands 2 so I can't really say anything about those two, but I would really like to play them soon.
Borderlands 2 for me. Had huge fun with the co-op with my friends. Mass Effect 3 would have been my other choice had they not failed so badly with it.

Worthy mentions also goes to Xcom: enemy unknown, Torchlight 2, Dishonored, Guild Wars 2 and Natural Selection 2.

(Lots of 2´s lol)
Borderlands 2 for sure, absolutely loved anything and everything about this game. The Co-Op was fun and even playing by yourself was very fun! The Story was pretty kick ass and a great way to set up for a Third game.
Pages Prev12