Is it true that many people in Japan die because of bathing?

Bathing is like religion to the Japanese. It is mandatory! Imagine -20 weather, going to a hot spring, and then suddenly shifting from cold to hot, within seconds;
Now imagine you're a 75 year old lady. That's some scary dedication!
I'm currently living in Japan, and never have I heard of someone dying from temperature shifts. Then again, it could happen, I don't watch the news much.
Mishaboom3 wrote...
I'm currently living in Japan, and never have I heard of someone dying from temperature shifts. Then again, it could happen, I don't watch the news much.

One word, Hokkaido! High up on a mountain for natural hot spring, in that unfamiliar altitude!
Its all in the mountains, I read an article that lead me to a documentary about people dying from bathwater, it went through to the news and everything >.<
some tokyo u students were on it I think

Mishaboom3 wrote...
I don't watch the news much.
Hmm, fair enough, as I said, I don't watch the news much, last time I paid attention to something was way back in July when the Japanese were all pissed off at the US air force's Osprey helicopters for whatever reason.
I did an exchange program in japan and I was never required to go to a bathhouse high in the mountains nor did I hear of any problems with people dieing. I mean It could happened but Id like to see where you got this info.
UsagiHime wrote...
I did an exchange program in japan and I was never required to go to a bathhouse high in the mountains nor did I hear of any problems with people dieing. I mean It could happened but Id like to see where you got this info.

Ill find it on google give me a couple hours I'm not sober it'll take some time to find

But 150 people do die each year due to water scalding
I suppose that's not much, its just crazy that people are dying from bathwater at all! My mind is going for a loop!
Tegumi "im always cute"
If I have to move one more of your threads I'm banning you.
Tegumi wrote...
Your threads are terrible
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Tegumi wrote...

Why not do so now? D:
( sigh )

Forum Image: http://images.ados.fr/bd-manga/photo/4127150412/super-junior-gif/hangeng5-291506565d.gif

Post a link to your claim ... or else the story is bullshit.
idmb22 Input Gold Rank Here
Mishaboom3 wrote...
it could happen (...)

As Misha says, it could happen, but actually both temperatures have to be extremely opposite ( -20ºC and 40ºC ) to really make the change so abrupt it will affect your body and really hurt you.

There are also other factos that have an impact in this, the age, where you were born and brough up, than can favour you or not, but again, all in all, it could happen, but this is not the norm by far.
GiantBeardedFace wrote...
Tegumi wrote...
Maeve wrote...
Tegumi wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
Tegumi wrote...

Why not do so now? D:

Tegumi is too nice....
Lughost the Lugoat
Peltor wrote...
Maeve wrote...
Tegumi wrote...