How was your computer made?

How was your computer made?

Total Votes : 4,413
I obviously don't have a computer.
I can upgrade my computer, but haven't gotten around to it. All the parts are still working great, and I don't have any problems with the performance so I keep not upgrading until I actually need to. It also costs me way too much for the upgrades that I think are actually worth it to make like a better video card, new processor, and way higher RAM. Maybe another hard drive for Raid? Also, I haven't gotten any feedback about windows 8 that would actually make me want to switch from 7.
I currently own a big pre-built gaming laptop, but I do plan on making my own desktop once I move out of the barracks.
Arsh~7 wrote...
bought dell inspron n3010 (pre build) and it's kinda good :), next time i will buy mac book pro or air :)
You do NOT want to get a mac my friend trust me.
Pre-built from '02-'03, still working until now. (Using it right now.)
Not really good with computers and IT so dunno how to build my own...bought it pre-built
I had my friend(he's in Australia while I'm in the USA) tell me what to buy and then I looked up a guide on how to build it, I thought it would be a lot harder.
I bought it pre-built and have upgraded it.
I have computer since highschool, but you know we never use it. computer that time damn boring only play with exel and microsoft word, because that time i never know eroges and internet thing.
thanks to someone that tell us "better buying that download, download can take one day or all night" and the result i stay away from internet learning.
the time i want to use again my computer when i found a eroge, i brought it, i turn the power and damn the computer is broken, repair the PC cost me a lot. Old computer very slow rather buying new one i upgrade some part, change the registry setting and i disable an option on computer.
I built my little monster on my own.

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 560 IT (Overclocked @ 1000MHz)
RAM: Corsair 8GB
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Liquid Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620
Case: NZXT Phantom
HDD:
Int: WD Black 1TB x2 in Raid0, Seagate 1.5TB
Ext: FreeAgent GoFlex 3TB
NAS: WD Red 3TB
Total: 9.5TB
Cost: about 2000$
I built it via the Alienware website.
Months' pay well spent.
I built it myself (for the first time) after finding out it was a lot cheaper :. A lot of research and time later I finally bought everything

cpu: 3570K @Standard clock
Gpu: Saphire 7870 OC @ 1100
Mobo: MSI 43A-Z77
RAM: 8Gb LP @ 1600
HDD: 2TB
SSD: 128Gb
psu: 850W

All in a 'CM Storm trooper' case.
been on an asus laptop for the last few years, been wanting to give this thing more ram but it's been mostly working just dandy since i got it, so haven't felt much initiative to upgrade and build my own pc (i really want too, though, since this thing doesnt run modern pc games well at all)
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
I used to have an Alienware, until I got fed up with it. I built my current machine about 2 years ago, upgraded it from a GTX 570 to a GTX 680 last year around this time. I'm thinking of building a new rig when Haswell comes out.
I sort of have two computers one is a college laptop that will be mine(my college lets those who graduate keep the laptop they were given for free) if I don't swap for a newer model. They roll out a new model every two years and let students swap for a newer model every two years after enrollment.

I'm on college laptop #2 now and made the one computer I technically own because college laptop #1 ate hard drives like candy.

The one I own I REbuilt. It was a 2002 HP that I found on the side of the road missing the case cover, the hard drives and the floppy drive. I initially wanted it so I could use the power supply for my vintage electronics hobbies, but realized I could fix it. I put a 8.5GB HD I got for free in it, put Ubuntu on it, stuffed it in to a gutted 80's Zenith VCR and started using it. I more or less wanted it for a fall back for when my school unit is being fixed to come here, and to use it's S-video out so I could watch hentai videos on my antique TV sets. Ubuntu did not like my graphics card much and was a major pain to configure so that the S-video out functioned, but it was good...while it lasted. Then last week a friend came over to watch Frank Zappa's 200 Motels on you tube with one of my 60's color TVs and we had to use his computer because apparently the os on mine got scrambled from sitting unused for a few months. After three days of trying to get ubuntu to work properly again, I threw up my hands and started trying to find a way to get windows on it for free. I don't have much money nor do I value having a spare computer enough to pay for it...Between the wifi adapter and the 40 and 80GB HDs I've parted out from thrift store Tivo boxes I doubt I have more than 40$ in the thing as it sits. I managed to put Vista on it, which I was surprised it had the specs to support, and after fixing a hardware bug it has been much easier to use with only an ancient TV set as a monitor than Ubuntu ever was for me.

It remains a work in progress as there is always something to fix or improve, but for now I'm pleased with it.

Sorry for rambling.
Yeah.. i bought my pc and just been upgrading it ever since :3

~luv you fakku
I have a laptop so I'm not sure where this belong in the choices.
too dumb to build on my own
Anyone know when the shirt contest will end?
Heheh... building your own is the way to go. I needed a workstation for my photography/prototyping and buying a workstation off the shelf is cost prohibitive. Still wasn't cheap though.

Specs:
P9X79 Deluxe
Core i7 3930K
EVGA GTX 670 4GB
2X ATI 5870
32GB DDR3 1600 RAM
2X SanDisk 240GB SSD
1 WD 2TB
1 WD 500GB
2X Samsung 640GB
1000W PSU

Plus many more...
I'm hoping to get a new computer soon, you know for college.