The Cleveland Show (Hate It or Love It)

Alright so there has been this new series on adult swim call the Cleveland show.
And everyone know Cleveland is a member of family guy.
Now he has his own show.
And personally i fucking hate it. It lack anything funny and is just a try hard version of Family Guy.
I just dont understand why they made another series when Family Guy was perfect.
Maybe because Cleveland was the only black guy in the tv show and they felt it was racist and gave him his own show so it would even out the racism.
Anyone know why they made another tv show?
So that makes it now 3 different type.
Family Guy
American Dad

And now The Cleveland Show
To me i think they should have just stuck with family guy and let it continue, American Dad is eh to me, i rarely watch it so i dont have the proper feedback to rate it.
But as for the Cleveland Show i tried watching it, i seriously did but after like 5mins into it i had to turn it to something else.
What about you guys what do you think of it?
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I agree it sucks. Cleveland was a much better character on the original family guy, but he's just not Main character material tbh.
A white guy does Cleveland's voice so it was doomed from the start, there are some good characters on there but Cleveland Jr.'s voice is SO annoying I refuse to watch it. All in all though calling it a try hard series is right. However after watching Family guy and American Dad for years American Dad has actually stepped forward as the better show in the last year or so since Family Guy is getting pretty old and tired.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Meh i like it.
monpekokero wrote...
A white guy does Cleveland's voice so it was doomed from the start, there are some good characters on there but Cleveland Jr.'s voice is SO annoying I refuse to watch it. All in all though calling it a try hard series is right. However after watching Family guy and American Dad for years American Dad has actually stepped forward as the better show in the last year or so since Family Guy is getting pretty old and tired.

I have to agree, family guy is getting a tad old, but American Dad is alittle bit of a step forward, only thing i hate about it would have to be Roger..He is annoying to me, but i would rather watch a full collection of American Dad dvds then watch one episode of that garbage called The Cleveland Show.
Over here in New Zealand we only have four channels and on the only good one the bastard takes up like a two hour slot with all of his mediocre shows. I don't dislike them in moderation but jesus do I get sick of seeing that drawing style.
It's awful, I'm happy with how American Dad turned out though
I got tired of Family Guy. American Dad is a good change of pace, I like it. I've never watched The Cleveland Show, although if it were for any reasons related to race as for the removal of Cleveland, than that would be racist. However, I highly doubt that.
I watch it only if i don't have nothing to do... Anyway i don't like it very much.
How is this a new show? It's definitely not the best show, but there are a few good episodes. I don't know what is going on now for the "Family" shows (Simpsons, American Dad etc.) but the last time I watched them they seemed rather stale.

In fact, the only thing different about American Dad from the rest of the group is that the main character (Stan) isn't an alcoholic. However, they do have Roger who in my opinion is the best drunk out of all of them.
Quick update of good or bad news depending on your opinion of the show...
Spoiler:
Shinzumakami wrote...
Spoiler:

That is depressing, but understandable. The cast they created for the show were not that interesting.

Cleavland jr had potential, but the rest were just alterations of preceding characters.

Cleavland on his own didn't have much going for him, especially since he pretty much drew from the same source of entertainment (ridiculous stupidity and ignorance) as Peter with a twist on race.

Rallo just felt like a less intelligent, less entertaining version of Roger and Stewie, one with "dissociative identity disorder" the other an evil genius trying to overcome his infantile nature. Pretty much just a kid.

The three most important characters to their formula were not to par. Everyone else was... ya.

I really feel the writers need work, the shows really feel like they're wracking their brains for ideas.
Shinzumakami wrote...
Spoiler:

They actually cancelled a Mcfarlane show? Maybe Fox has some sense after all...
I think it is okay. It's not a TV show I'd watch regularly or something I'd recommend anyone but if you are bored and there's nothing else on, The Cleveland Show isn't completely terrible.

I can't really pinpoint to a reason as to why it is statistically worse than the others but people don't seem do care for it at all. Snoop Dog made a joke about this in a roast and even Family Guy did it too. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a combination of changing Cleveland's character to the point where it's ridiculous and milking sitcom clichés like crazy.
I don't watch it, I agree that Family Guy or American Dad are better shows but I don't go out of my way to watch them. Over here in Australia with the full implementation of Free To Air (FTA) Digital TV (DAB-T) we now have 25+ stations that replace the 5-6 on analogue ones(ABC, SBS, 7, 9, 10 and C31 if you live in a capital city).

Funnily enough the rights for the FTA showings are split between Channel 7 (Family Guy and American Dad shown on 7 Mate/73) and Channel 10/News Ltd (Simpsons, Futurama, Cleveland Show shown on 10 and 11). This is despite the fact that Fox/News Ltd owns all these shows and on cable would probably show all of them on Foxtel on Fox 8 (And no I don't own cable/pay-tv..)
I never watched it but I love family guy and american dad.
Its a shame its canceled, especially since they didn't even get to finish it up and add a proper ending.
RandomRedneck wrote...
Shinzumakami wrote...
Spoiler:

This isn't the first time. Fox cancelled Family Guy twice and, because of the dvd sales, they brought it back for a third time and kept it for good.
Zeriam wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...
Shinzumakami wrote...
Quick update of good or badin the shownews depending on your opinion of the show...
Spoiler:

This isn't the first time. Fox cancelled Family Guy twice and, because of the dvd sales, they brought it back for a third time and kept it for good.

It's happened to a number of shows. Futurama was the same while it was eventually canceled it wasn't till years later.
I don't see the clevland show coming back though clevland was removed fairly early on In family guy and his own show didn't come out until a year or so later.
Regardless of the reason or the fact thw clevland show is no longer Seth Mcfarlane is still highly respected and a great comedian and writer.
UsagiHime wrote...
It's happened to a number of shows. Futurama was the same while it was eventually canceled it wasn't till years later.
I don't see the clevland show coming back though clevland was removed fairly early on In family guy and his own show didn't come out until a year or so later.
Regardless of the reason or the fact thw clevland show is no longer Seth Mcfarlane is still highly respected and a great comedian and writer.

I know that. I was stating it in the terms of Seth's shows itself.
Zeriam wrote...
UsagiHime wrote...

I know that. I was stating it in the terms of Seth's shows itself.

Oh I know, I'm just pointing out that many well known tv show creators have had shows canceled and then brought back. :)