Anime Boston ! May 24-26, 2013

Pages 12Next
Anyone here coming to this year?

I hopefully hope this year I get to see the 18+ stuff since I had to take the last train metro train back to the station where I parked. I heard Hentai dubbed was funny as heck! But Also missed the Fakku panel. Nice to see Jacob in person! Wasn't able to meet other FAKKU peeps since I was in a hurry.
I'll be going but I don't cosplay however i'll be dressed as I casually am and I typically get lots of,"you look cool! what anime are you from!" It's a little awkward but hey, whatever.
I'm coming this year too.

Last year when I went to Fakku's booth, I was complimented on my choice of doujin. I'll try to get my cosplay ready, but I very much doubt that I'll finish in time.
I may Cosplay like Jacob's Milk Money + Horse head these year. LOL
I never cosplay before. but respect how do it in a fun way. I hope Fakku will be here this year again
AquaRolla wrote...
I never cosplay before. but respect how do it in a fun way. I hope Fakku will be here this year again

You could always just ask Jacob. I know that I wasn't expecting to see him at MTAC this past weekend.
AquaRolla wrote...

He said he'll be there and there are even some panels planned, I know the Visual Novels and Eroge panel is running for sure I'm not positive about the others though.
I will be flying in from Inverness, Scotland. I hope to see you all there.
I'm going for the first time ever, with a bunch of old college buddies!

Should be awesome. :D
I looking for anyone looking to fill a room within walking distance of the Hynes Center. I'll be driving in friday afternoon. I figured since I'm planning to go to the Fakku panels I'd ask here before trying on the Anime Boston message boards. PM me if you have room with how much want me to kick in. I'm male btw if it matters.
I was looming into going until I saw it was held the same time as anime north :(
have fun guys!!!!
Ah Dang it!!! My MEGA MILK shirt gotten Stained in the lanudry! Got to get one before then.
But I got another Awesome Shirt that is gonna be funny as hell with the horse Head! LOL

Well anyway......I just saw the Japanese Guest Of Honor list and DIR of Excal Saga is gonna be there!
Wish I had my Cosplay Set of his outfit before I gave it away because I grew taller back in high school.
I love that Afro wig. lol
WHO'S PSYCHED? I'M PSYCHED!
So psyched for the con. Can't wait.

Though, just read that they added more at the door security, now will have bag checks at the con center. Smart, but sad, in light of the Boston bombings.
gizgal wrote...

Though, just read that they added more at the door security, now will have bag checks at the con center. Smart, but sad, in light of the Boston bombings.

Yeah Im PSYCHED as well!!!! DIR of Excel Saga is gonna be there and other stuff!

yeah I know. but they always did random searches if deem necessary. It is
for public relations reasons as well as boost the security. Also what happen to
the dance/rave. But at least the staff were able to dealt the after math well accordingly.
AquaRolla wrote...
gizgal wrote...

Yeah Im PSYCHED as well!!!! DIR of Excel Saga is gonna be there and other stuff!

yeah I know. but they always did random searches if deem necessary. It is
for public relations reasons as well as boost the security. Also what happen to
the dance/rave. But at least the staff were able to dealt the after math well accordingly.

What DID happen to it? Apparently, my friends have at least said, they made it only 1 night as well now? I was so excited to finally go but bummed to hear it was cut down to a single event instead of two...
I wonder if the MBTA will have increased security as well, although these bag checks are really going to make for longer waits and lines at the doors as well.
Kristoffer wrote...
I wonder if the MBTA will have increased security as well, although these bag checks are really going to make for longer waits and lines at the doors as well.

Hmm, I haven't heard from any friends who live in Boston of this. But just for a convention? Likely not, I'd imagine.

UPDATE 5/17:

Welp, looks like the Informal Dance was completely cancelled. Entirely.

-_- Pissed but oh well. Apparently some other off site place is also hosting a (un-sponsored by AB) dance in Boston that night, maybe peeps will go to that?
https://www.facebook.com/events/536664409709357/ for event info.

Also, schedule is finally up! http://animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule/2013
gizgal wrote...
Kristoffer wrote...

Hmm, I haven't heard from any friends who live in Boston of this. But just for a convention? Likely not, I'd imagine.

UPDATE 5/17:

Welp, looks like the Informal Dance was completely cancelled. Entirely.

-_- Pissed but oh well. Apparently some other off site place is also hosting a (un-sponsored by AB) dance in Boston that night, maybe peeps will go to that?
https://www.facebook.com/events/536664409709357/ for event info.

Also, schedule is finally up! http://animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule/2013

Yeah they canceled it. Kinda sad and mad since I wanted to go this time since I was not able last year. Oh well.

Yeah the schedule is release as well as an awesome app that they used last year. Even has a auto update. Plus free wifi in the convention as well.
http://guidebook.com/g/ab2013/
I's Jacob doing an panel this year show no Fakku listed in the schedule. Saw the guide to efd up hentai but didn't say who's hosting it.
The president of the anime club I'm in is hosting the Fed up hentai panel, it's not related to FAKKU in any way.

It seems Jacob isn't going to be at Anime Boston this year sadly.
Kristoffer wrote...
The president of the anime club I'm in is hosting the Fed up hentai panel, it's not related to FAKKU in any way.

It seems Jacob isn't going to be at Anime Boston this year sadly.

Damn, you're right... he picked AZ.

:( Shame, AB is really F's hometown...
Pages 12Next