Psychobreak / The Evil Within

Shinji Mikami's next survival horror game announced for the PS3,360,PC and next gen consoles. Edited by Bethesda softworks.

Creepy stuff alright, more info on monday.
Looks pretty creepy, kind of gave me a silent hill feeling, it also appears to be taking place in a Prison of some sort so that will make it even more scary.
This game is a huge disappointment for the simple fact that it isn't Fallout 4.
monpekokero wrote...

I'm more disappointed that it's not DOOM 4 or Prey 2. Still, this game might be worthwhile. I'll probably follow it for a bit, see if I'll be interested in buying it or not.
The trailer was creepy. And Bach's music didn't help.

I hope this'll be a TRUE survival horror, Silent Hill style, and not another action-packed rush like RE6.
psbox362 wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

I'm more disappointed that it's not DOOM 4 or Prey 2. Still, this game might be worthwhile. I'll probably follow it for a bit, see if I'll be interested in buying it or not.

Well, I'm not disappointed that it's not any of those. In fact, I think it's a good opportunity for them to bring in a new IP before going back to their franchises. I'm still hopeful for Prey 2 (story sounds a lot better since Tommy is back in it) and the other two.
GiantBeardedFace wrote...
psbox362 wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

Well, I'm not disappointed that it's not any of those. In fact, I think it's a good opportunity for them to bring in a new IP before going back to their franchises. I'm still hopeful for Prey 2 (story sounds a lot better since Tommy is back in it) and the other two.

True. However, I'm an avid Id fanboy. For me, a new DOOM/Wolfenstein might as well be a second Christmas. As for Prey 2, I was extremely impressed by the game-play demo from E3 and would love to see that game release soon. As it is, I'm still curious about this new IP. I like a good scare, so a new survival-horror title would pique my interest.
Psycho Break!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEdCtTbgqM
psbox362 wrote...
GiantBeardedFace wrote...
psbox362 wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

True. However, I'm an avid Id fanboy. For me, a new DOOM/Wolfenstein might as well be a second Christmas. As for Prey 2, I was extremely impressed by the game-play demo from E3 and would love to see that game release soon. As it is, I'm still curious about this new IP. I like a good scare, so a new survival-horror title would pique my interest.

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see Doom 4 or Prey 2 finally released, I'm still okay with The Evil Within because Bethesda hasn't put out a pure survival horror game so we'll see how that goes.
I for one am looking forward to this game. I haven't played a survival horror that scared me since RE1/RE2/RE3 BioShock and the Silent Hill series.

Let's see what you got Shinji Mikami scare me.
This game looks terriffying! That was o e of the best game trailers I have watched as well, had me on the edge of my seat.
I like the whole idea of ights suddenly turning off, that concept alone creeps me out.
That was most scary D: one of those games I'd LOVE to try when it comes out, but I know I'm too jumpy and I'd get scared too quickly and just die D:
Horror is my favorite genre for everything so you can bet your sweet ass I'm unbelievably excited for this. Let's hope it's not another Silent Hill 8...