The Video and the Visual Novel it's based off of

After finding out that a good bit of the hentai vids was based off a visual novel. I started looking for them and got hooked on novels. But a good bit of the time I can't them in english. I try to get the novel to see if the story had a better ending or to see if it was better in general. So if I can't find them the closest I can get to the novel is a summary and pics of the the novel. While looking at them, sometimes I think my sanity has been spared. Some of the videos seem to be a "tame" version of the novel. Other times it's just a different story with the same idea. So how do everyone else feel about this things?
It's the same as anything else really. Films do similiar disregarding things from a book they are based of so seeing visual novels and their hentai/anime counter parts being different dosent phase me at all. It's just how it is.
I dont ever read VN's even if I love the Anime/manga they are based off of, im trying to get into a few that have been recommended to me.
Would you like to give examples?

I know Discipline the anime is MUCH MORE lighter in terms of sex scenes, not content or number but the acts.

Dark Knight Ingrid being a spin-off of Taimanin Murasaki and the anime doesn't involve Asagi or Sakura.

I don't mind, but it does give me interest in knowing the original story and look up the eroge.
Please rape me was pretty hilarious. The VN, I mean.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Yeah, it's the usual adaptation issue, in this case "Hours of reading material, crammed into a couple of episodes".

one example:
Ore no Kanojou Shinjiteru = The H-anime version simply focused on the girl and on the cheating/NTR aspect, while in the original you're playing the male who can actually stay faithful or cheat with other girls, which will cause the NTR events to unfold. Most jarring differences is, NONE of the other characters including the male Netori (Vn has 3 male netori), and the side girls weren't in the original.
The Randomness wrote...
Would you like to give examples?

I know Discipline the anime is MUCH MORE lighter in terms of sex scenes, not content or number but the acts.

Dark Knight Ingrid being a spin-off of Taimanin Murasaki and the anime doesn't involve Asagi or Sakura.

One example off the top of my head is stepmother's sin. The guy you are playing seen his mother cheating when he was kid and start thinking all mothers are sluts. Later on he gets a new stepmother and stepsister. He tries to proof his thinking by making his stepmother in to one. In the novel he can love her and marry her or make her in to a whore. While the other to girls, his cousin and stepsister can also be his lovers. In the vid he turns his stepmother to a whore while being a jerk then has a giant guilt trip over it. As for the other girls one was just a different character and the other one just had the worst that can happen to her.

Discipline is exactly what I was meaning by "more tame" in the vid then the novel.

The two newest vids I watched was Samayou Midarana Lunatics and Tokubetsu Byoutou. They have novels but only in Japaneses and after looking them up. It seem to have almost a completely different story and more characters and with out cliffhangers! (Oh I hate them so!)
zeroniv_legend wrote...

Looks like I have some playing to do, the hentai made me laugh.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Sneakyone wrote...
zeroniv_legend wrote...

Looks like I have some playing to do, the hentai made me laugh.

It is kind of boring for a regular nukige though.