Racism

Pages 12Next
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
Long showed me an article of how US, UK, Australia and Canada (I think) is among the least racist countries in the world, whereas Iran, Indonesia, South Korea, and a few others are among the most racist countries.

It's a bit of a mindfuck, considering how there are many "racist" jokes western people made towards the Asians and Africans, but in reality the Asians are considered to be more racist than the Western.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Gravity cat the adequately amused
That should surprise me but it doesn't.
Asians being racist doesnt surprise me at all.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1613832-UNZAO2T.jpg
It's because a joke is a joke sure it may not be tasteful but that doesn't necessarily represent the way that individual feels.
I'm surprised that you didn't already know this
That's might slow of you man, I thought this was common knowledge. Don't feel bad though we're all ignorant to some degree.
Racism isn't nigger jokes nor any other race, creed, nationality or religion.
LongevityDrunk wrote...
It's because a joke is a joke sure it may not be tasteful but that doesn't necessarily represent the way that individual feels.

I concur with Long to the degree that the finest expression of said concurrence would be to replicate the written expresion of Long verbatim.
It depends on how the jokes are portrayed, if it's directed at someone then it's meant to harass, but if the joke is between friends then it's harmless.
[size=14]I'm not really surprised seeing as how xenophobic some asian countries are. [/h]
LongevityDrunk wrote...

This.
BagMan wrote...
[size=14]I'm not really surprised seeing as how xenophobic some asian countries are. [/h]

Forum Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/8af38c4c3c90e1728dd566f225abccb5/tumblr_mn7w6kKpia1rimi69o1_500.gif

In all honesty though, I'm Asian (2/3 anyway), and I guess I am a bit racist. Anyone who says they aren't is probably lying.
niell wrote...
BagMan wrote...

Forum Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/8af38c4c3c90e1728dd566f225abccb5/tumblr_mn7w6kKpia1rimi69o1_500.gif

In all honesty though, I'm Asian (2/3 anyway), and I guess I am a bit racist. Anyone who says they aren't is probably lying.

[size=14]Everyone's a little bit racist. I was talking about middle eastern countries that have anti-western vendettas though mostly. You've also got to remember that the oriental countries considered westerners savages so that rubs off as well in the more traditional parts of China, Korea and Japan.[/h]
I'm a racist.... I hate the human race equally. Black josh is really racist. conquistadors and such.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Due to previous conflicts, I can understand why many Asians would hate each other and the rest of the world.
That's because in those countries, diversity isn't as clear as it is in Canada and America. So with a group of Asians who have never left their native country, meeting a foreigner are more likely to feel uncomfortable; not because they're racist but they're not as used to seeing different looking people. Racism is then, merely culturally inherited by conservative generations or a byproduct of what's stated above.
cruz737 wrote...
Due to previous conflicts, I can understand why many Asians would hate each other and the rest of the world.

If some people flew 2 nukes into my country i'd still be pretty pissed.
even if I wasn't even born then.
Laz wrote...
cruz737 wrote...

If some people flew 2 nukes into my country i'd still be pretty pissed.
even if I wasn't even born then.

Well. They hate each other for another reason.
Pages 12Next