Katawa Shoujo: Favorite Route

Sooooo there is already a KS topic but it's not about a favorite route and I didn't see anyone else post anything on this (In detail) so I'm making this here. If I'm wrong and this should be put in the other KS topic tell me and I'll fix this but, if there is no problem, enjoy this little topic of one's journey through Katawa Shoujo.

Forum Image: http://dl.katawa-shoujo.com/pr/banner/ks_banner.jpg

First off if you haven't played Katawa Shoujo you can download it here:
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/download.php

Now for those who have played it and those who just finished their first route or finished all the routes you can post your favorite route here and add detail to your favorite so don't just say "Oh, Hanako was my favorite." actually say why it was your favorite. I'll start this off with my favorite route, Emi.

Beginning:
I started the game off not knowing what I said would lead to what girl I'd end up with. I go through the start of the game with the heart attack etc etc. Then ended up in school meeting all the girls you could end up with (Not knowing who I'd end up with). What did it was running in the mourning with Emi. You can either quit running for the day or push yourself to run further. I picked to run further with the idea "I need to work out  more to get healthier." and then got another heart attack freaking Emi out. I end up being alright and with Emi feeling bad she feels she needs to make up for it by having lunch with me and her friend Rin (Another girl you could get with) on the roof and slowly gets to be closer and closer to you and then I realize this is the girl I'm going to be spending the rest of the game with.

Start of the route:
By now your real good friends with Emi and starting to have feelings for her but soon you'll find out that she is spending time with the track leader (A boy fyi) and you're a bit jealous but have no idea if they are dating or not so you try to get a answer out of the school nurse (Who is good friends with Emi) and you find out that the chance of the leader and Emi are pretty much zero (You'll find out exactly why later). So now that issue is out of the way and after spending more and more time with Emi you eventually end up in her room and then you and her get a bit sexual and end with a funny moment of Rin walking in on you two to which she calmly just pretty much goes "Oh" and walks out to leave you two along. You'll get into the start off the big drama of the route with the fact Emi is training too hard and her "Legs" are start to hurt so she is wheelchair bound. She still comes to watch you run but you can tell not running herself is bothering her (And something else it seems as well). One day she will take you into the shed too which you try to help here in the shed but you drop her and fall on top of her which leads into making out. She then gets out some lube that apparently the track leader owns. You question why Emi would know where the leaders lube is but she tells you that she has never done it with the leader because he is actually gay. You ask why would we need lube to which with an evil smile she says "Anal". You then get into an awkward sex scene with her but we'll skip the details. Say you love each other and go into the next big drama.

Ending:
Emi is getting more and more distant from you and you wonder why. You try to get answer out of whoever knows Emi to which you soon find out Emi's father died in a car crash which also took out Emi's legs. She continues to run track for her deceased father and then grows the idea that she doesn't need anyone and can help herself. After a few feuds here and there you find that Emi is taking you to her mother's house (You have meet her mom before this point). While Emi is away from the table you can go and talk to her or the mom (The mom is the safe route) and you learn the truth. You leave the house and think of the situation. You decide to tell Emi how you feel to which she breaks down and cries. You then make up and she decides to invite you to going to her father's grave. You go to the grave and she cries again in your arms and tell her you will never leave her side. You go to her room in the dorms later that night and then proceed to have more sex except this time you go all the way and you truly love each other at this point. You'll make up with her at your side and she thanks you for staying by her side and then you say you love her and she loves you as well. And then the end.

So why my favorite?
Emi is my favorite because I feel she helps you out the most. The others mainly focus on the girl but this one not only focuses on the girl but that the girl is actually trying to help you with your heart problem. Plus Emi is cute (She follows the fact that anime like to have girls who look young but are older then they look). Note only is Emi cute but because she is the only active girl you become active as well and slowly begin to grow stronger and have less heart attacks.

So that my favorite. What's yours?

Hanako because I could relate to her. While Ive never had social anxiety as crippling as her own I have experienced it. I also found the whole relationship with her was handled quite well, particularly the hscene, which actually suited the situation. It wasnt a reward for pursing a relationship with her but simply another stage in the relationship between the two characters promted by feelings insecurity. Her uncertain half smile after the scene really got the emotions going. I also liked that the route wasnt about reforming Hanako into being a social person although there certainly was some emotional healing. And of course she is absolutely adorable ><

But Ive only played her and Rins route so maybe some of the others will suprise me but Im not really in a rush to play another.
I liked Rins route quite a bit as well.
solanin wrote...
But Ive only played her and Rins route so maybe some of the others will suprise me but Im not really in a rush to play another.
I liked Rins route quite a bit as well.

Katawa Shoujo is something that shouldn't be rushed so take your time with it and enjoy.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Only Hanako route is HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG.
I've had the game for over a year now and I've done all the routes apart from Lilly's (still halfway on the one ><')
Shizune's was the worst by far and although I loved Emi's route, I'm gonna have to pick Rin as a favourite. People always think it's the most complicated one, but it's just that Rin doesnt have very good communication skills and I can identify with that. Also the H-scene there was one of the best, very passionate and just at the right time.
I've done every route except for Rin's, which I need to get to someday. At first I wanted to get Hanako's route but my first route ended up being Emi's. I liked Hanako's route a lot, but enjoyed Emi's just slightly more.
Kenji of course!

Naw, I actually loved Shizune's route the most ^_^'. It was so sweet, I cried when she's got Hisao on the chair and he is telling her he loves her. Her Dad was also fantastic too, He was so entertaining.
Rin's route is a close second and I liked Emi's as well.
I liked Rin's

The ending route where the both of you are bidding farewell to one another was so moving. The other one is also great, having rin confess to hisao about how she really feels about him over the field of dandelions. It is also because rin is my favorite heroine.
I did every route except Lilly's

My favorite is Rin because she is best girl

also has the best theme music
echoeagle3 Oppai Overlord
yummines wrote...
I did every route except Lilly's

Then you didn't do the best route
hands down, lilly was the best! great sex, story, attitude and was insanely beautiful!!!
Silencio200 AHHHHHHH! I AM A CAT!
I did all the routes.
to me the best was lilly Followed by Hanako.
Emi was good in fact almost sharing the second place. but there is something about hanako that I like more.
Only went with Lily's route. I did so because she is sweet and kind and very cute. I really enjoyed the date scene and just getting to know her over tea. Ironically I love drinking tea irl. Mostly because it wakes me up and I dislike coffee's taste.

Oh and did I mention she looks really freaking cute in red. Seriously, girls with paler skin+red dress = very freaking cute.
Have gotten Hanako's good, neutral and bad ending. As well as Lily's good and neutral endings and Shizune's Good and bad ending as well. Of those three, Hanako's neutral ending was unsatisfying, her bad ending dramatic and good ending: HHHHNNNNGGGG! Lily's neutral ending was unceremonious, but her good ending: made me cry in satisfaction. Shizune: did not understand her backstory at all!

My first love in this VN was and will always be Hanako. Why? Im not sure as to why i chose her first, maybe because i could relate to her in a way? Perhaps i wanted to make her happy? The answer is not clear. Thoughi wish her arc was longer, like Lily's or Rin's (from what i hear, its the longest one). Lily... She is everything i want in a girl. And Shizune... I have nothing to say, except that she likes it rough and has enormous mounds (oh and i like her intro movie).

I still need to finish Emi's and Rin's arc:L
I skipped work the night after I finished Rin's route
I needed time alone
Keimei wrote...
I needed time alone

Woah, was it that bad? Well, what ending did you get?
Spicy_Otaco wrote...
Keimei wrote...
I needed time alone

I finally ended up at the dandelions. I'm not the emotional type but dat scene man...I never knew how it was to have a waifu, I used to make fun of people who had dakimuras.
It was the first time in my life I ever felt love or attraction, and it was at the end of the damn game. I had to bid her farewell with what she had taught me...

Sometimes at night I still picture her standing with her crippled arms spread looking back at me

Fuck you Hisao ;_;
Keimei wrote...
Spicy_Otaco wrote...
Keimei wrote...
I needed time alone

I finally ended up at the dandelions. I'm not the emotional type but dat scene man...I never knew how it was to have a waifu, I used to make fun of people who had dakimuras.
It was the first time in my life I ever felt love or attraction, and it was at the end of the damn game. I had to bid her farewell with what she had taught me...

Sometimes at night I still picture her standing with her crippled arms spread looking back at me

Fuck you Hisao ;_;

Geez, and here I am crying tears of blood at the end of Lilly's arc ;______;
I dont think i am emotionally capable to handle such a deep and feeling ending (even though i REALLY want to read through Rin's arc...
Spicy_Otaco wrote...
Keimei wrote...
Spicy_Otaco wrote...
Keimei wrote...
I needed time alone

Fuck you Hisao ;_;

Geez, and here I am crying tears of blood at the end of Lilly's arc ;______;
I dont think i am emotionally capable to handle such a deep and feeling ending (even though i REALLY want to read through Rin's arc...

Well Rin's arc was the one I saved for last because Short haired girls give me the boners. Like raging. Even when it was a very feely and heartbreaking ride, I most certainly had fun. It was the reason why I bothered to go through it again, it made my heart race and felt good.

By all means go ahead, when you're done you'd wish you could erase your memory and do it again.