Family Guy killing off Brian - Thoughts?

Pages 12Next
http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/25/family-guy-kills-off-major-character-replaces-him-with-sopranos-paulie-walnuts-4200388/?ITO=facebook

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think it's a stupid move personally.
It's a publicity stunt. Brian's name is in the title of at least 2 upcoming episodes, so he will be back somehow. I personally will miss his dynamic with Stewie, but he did get annoying at times with his liberal ideals and that damn Prius. From what I have seen though, they pissed a lot of people off. It may be a final nail in the coffin.
Not really a smart way to spice things up considering all the cartoon physics everyone's been through, not to mention they have Death on speed dial.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
One source says Seth McFarlane is purposely doing this to make the show "unwatchable" because he wants to put the series to bed. Another says it's a publicity stunt and that he'll be back in later episodes. I don't know what to believe.

There seems to be a trend going on at the moment. The Simpsons announced they'd kill someone off too - with the exception of Mrs. Krabappel because her VA Marcia Wallace died last month.

[color=red][size=29]R.I.P in pieces[/h][/color]
Grizzinmypants wrote...
It's a publicity stunt. Brian's name is in the title of at least 2 upcoming episodes, so he will be back somehow. I personally will miss his dynamic with Stewie, but he did get annoying at times with his liberal ideals and that damn Prius. From what I have seen though, they pissed a lot of people off. It may be a final nail in the coffin.

It did sometimes go a bit far... But if it is a publicity stunt. It's a stupid one.
Deftera Mirage wrote...
Not really a smart way to spice things up considering all the cartoon physics everyone's been through, not to mention they have Death on speed dial.

Let's spice it up!!!! KILLLLL! Pretty much...
Gravity cat wrote...
One source says Seth McFarlane is purposely doing this to make the show "unwatchable" because he wants to put the series to bed. Another says it's a publicity stunt and that he'll be back in later episodes. I don't know what to believe.

There seems to be a trend going on at the moment. The Simpsons announced they'd kill someone off too - with the exception of Mrs. Krabappel because her VA Marcia Wallace died last month.

[color=red][size=29]R.I.P in pieces[/h][/color]

He did say in an interview all good programs go on for only 7 seasons n it should have finished ages ago? :)
He will be back, he is too big a piece of Family Guy. If he is gone forever I feel like people will just stop watching the show. The only reason he would be killed is for publicity. Just the other day it was on the front page of CNN's website.
Mr. Popo wrote...
He will be back, he is too big a piece of Family Guy. If he is gone forever I feel like people will just stop watching the show. The only reason he would be killed is for publicity. Just the other day it was on the front page of CNN's website.

I hope so, n I go on sky news.
All good things must come to an end.
C'maaaan. Let them rest already so they can become a legend.
Peltor wrote...
All good things must come to an end.
C'maaaan. Let them rest already so they can become a legend.

I do agree, they carry on for I think 2 more series and it will be dead and buried.
I think Family guy is just trying to get more attention now that its trying too hard and not really as funny as it used to be anymore.
They'll bring him back, They have to. No one seems to be happy with this choice and it is a terrible move. They sell merchandise with Brian, they had the Stewie & Brian video game and so many episodes have been dedicated to Brian they can't seriously keep him off the show when he is a core part of the franchise.
This isn't the first time Family guy has killed off or removed a popular character but this is defiantly the most important character they have gotten rid of.
I thought this was horrible D:.. but they're gonna bring him back at some point. Vinnie seems alright, and he eased Stewie a bit, but Stewie is gonna get fed up with him and want his Brian back. (Tis my theory, I think Stewie's gonna bring him back)

Brian was probably the main character asides from Peter. He's the only logical main character in the show, you can't just take him away.. from then on it would just become stupid plus a hint of Italian Mob Dog haha.
MrTickTock Vanguard of NTR
I dont mind really, they made it very emotional and some of my friends even cried. I know Seth wants Family Guy to end, so this is one step towords ending the show. I think its had a good run and should stop before it gets too out of hand.
MrTickTock wrote...
I dont mind really, they made it very emotional and some of my friends even cried. I know Seth wants Family Guy to end, so this is one step towords ending the show. I think its had a good run and should stop before it gets too out of hand.

Just found out though... By the looks of it Brian is coming back.
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...

really? but how?
MrTickTock wrote...
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...

really? but how?

A friend has found out that he's listed in at least two future episodes, not as a figment or thought apparently...
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...

really? but how?

A friend has found out that he's listed in at least two future episodes, not as a figment or thought apparently...

flashbacks or one of their segways/skits perhaps
MrTickTock wrote...
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...
KittyKawaii wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...

really? but how?

flashbacks or one of their segways/skits perhaps

Probably. Lol
Pages 12Next