Ayulsa City - Ieeya

Yeah, but not too high in the whiny gauge.
Btw, there was a Suou match... did I mentioned this already?
nope. link.
http://mangafox.me/manga/chihayafuru/v23/c122/1.html

Chihaya gets rofl-pwnt
Fuck, no next chapter.
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
mibuchiha wrote...
Yeah, but not too high in the whiny gauge.

Makes me even more interested. Let me post the entire article which I genuinely enjoyed and found entertaining. It comes from some newspaper columnist.

Spoiler:
Last Tuesday night, long after I had gone to bed, total strangers burst into my house yelling †˜Happy New Year!’, and shook me from a deep sleep.

Actually, they didn’t. But they might as well have done. Instead, total strangers near where I live thought it fun to let off fireworks which sounded, in turn, like landmines and an anti-aircraft barrage.

Sleep was impossible from 11.30 till 12.30.

If you want to celebrate the New Year, that’s fine by me, though I can’t for the life of me work out why.

But I really don’t see why you feel the need to make me celebrate it too, or why the sensible law banning fireworks after 11pm doesn’t apply on December 31. I don’t mark Christmas or Easter by letting off half a ton of explosives in my garden at midnight (and it would be rightly illegal if I did).

I couldn’t care less that the calendar has changed. All it means to me is the need to buy a new season ticket, plus some disagreeable memories of Moscow during the Soviet Union’s dogged attempt to stamp out Christmas, and make everyone celebrate the meaningless change of the calendar instead.

Until Ted Heath, of accursed memory, came along, it wasn’t even a Bank Holiday in England.

And until the Blair creature appeared, with his daft Millennium, fireworks were only for Guy Fawkes.

Before then it was a quiet night. If you lived in a sea port (I grew up in Portsmouth), there might be the strange and melancholy sound of all the ships’ foghorns sounding at the turn of the year. Perhaps there would be a few church bells. But you could sleep through that.

Yet somehow this empty feast day grows in compulsory importance each year (just as the soul is sucked out of Good Friday, once the most solemn day in the calendar).

Shops close, silence falls – in honour of what? And pretty soon the miserable privatised train companies will stop running trains too.
I don’t want it. I couldn’t care less about it. You can have it if you want to, but stop forcing it on me.

Was wondering if you felt the same way as me after reading this. You are familiar with how I write. That person is most definitely becoming an inspiration to me.
>mfw not enuf chapter to have new season.
I agree with the general sentiment, however I see nothing that could serve as an inspiration in it.
mibuchiha wrote...
I agree with the general sentiment, however I see nothing that could serve as an inspiration in it.

Meaning that you found it entertaining or do you agree with the author?

Anything can serve as inspiration that is why I accept almost anything in the Writer's Lounge. In this case of course is the expressions the author uses. I find that I have a lot in common with the author's style of writing. The dry and resentful emotions that come this article entertains me greatly.

If you want to pick up a language, I believe this is the way you do it. Seek learning points or inspiration from quality work.
I did not find it entertaining, nor do I deem it a quality work.

But I do agree about the annoyance he expressed.
Fallan Kamen Rider Cheeki
Booms and bangs are the best things.
mibuchiha wrote...
I did not find it entertaining, nor do I deem it a quality work.

But I do agree about the annoyance he expressed.

You are missing out. This is a newspaper article and the author is one of the better journalists I have come across.

Do you celebrate the first of January? I don't and so I can't agree or disagree with his opinions. I do find the dry language extremely entertaining though.

I really wonder what is quality to you or what you enjoy.
derp
So, what if he is some celebrated journalist? All I know is I agree with the annoyance he expressed in how others celebrate it. I do not find his writing to be anything remarkable.

And to answer, I do not celebrate it. I am agreeing only to the extent that whether I do or don't, I have to see and hear the fireworks. And people being magically jollier in a day that is completely like any other.
mibuchiha wrote...
So, what if he is some celebrated journalist? All I know is I agree with the annoyance he expressed in how others celebrate it. I do not find his writing to be anything remarkable.

And to answer, I do not celebrate it. I am agreeing only to the extent that whether I do or don't, I have to see and hear the fireworks. And people being magically jollier in a day that is completely like any other.

I hope you won't mind an argument.

There is a reason why he is celebrated so I will still say that you are missing out. I am merely making a recommendation out of goodwill. This person is saying that this is a good author, this is a good journalist. The person believes that there is something remarkable about his work and he wants to share it.

For the sake of argument:
One isn't in a position to agree or disagree if one doesn't celebrate that festival. The expression to use is most likely 'sympathise' or understand the argument behind it. Now, this paragraph has less goodwill in it and hairs are being split at this stage.

That said, what are your tastes in reading?
leonard267 wrote...
There is a reason why he is celebrated so I will still say that you are missing out. I am merely making a recommendation out of goodwill. This person is saying that this is a good author, this is a good journalist.

I love an argument so I hope you would excuse me. Then, one isn't in a position to agree or disagree if one doesn't celebrate that festival. The word to use is most likely 'sympathise' to split hairs or understand the argument behind it. Now, this paragraph has less goodwill in it.

That said, what are your tastes in reading?

And the reason is? From the sample you've shown, he is nothing special.

Don't worry, I love arguments just as much, if not more. Yes, 'sympathize' is more accurate. Pardon my lack of vocabulary.

I can't pin in down to a specific category, but Brave New World is among the top of my list.
I have explained myself haven't I? His command of the language and his dry humour are what I deem special. Even if you did not find it special, this is an opportunity to read more and learn more surely?

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World isn't it? Science fiction and dystopian fiction are to your tastes, I presume?

Having said that:

GOOD! I HAVE GOT THE 300th PAGE OF THIS VERY THREAD!
Fallan Kamen Rider Cheeki
I wanted 300...
Fallan wrote...
I wanted 300...

Don't worry, I have completed the tsundere parody. Will forward it to you. Just to cheer you up.

Sorry about just now Mibuchiha. I really wanted to get the 300th page thus the silly arguments.
Well, you deeming it special is not sufficient to make himself celebrated.

Yes, but no, not all dystopian culture and/or science fiction gets my ok. A lot of them I found to be shitty, though I have some I am interested to try. Brave New World is my taste. Simple.

Genesis from Bernard Beckett is very good as well, it's almost BNW in compact form to me. Animal Farm, while enjoyable was mediocre and 1984, the one I am currently reading, seems good.

They may or may not be of the same genre, I am simply telling of the things I recently read and/or found memorable.