the feeling your right but everyone says your wrong.

Pages Prev12
tl;dr

but from what i gathered from the title:

You need to decide what is right or wrong yourself. I personally am quite open minded (except for romantic relationships topic) in general, and like to listen to opinions, but in the end you have to decide yourself. For example, my parents say smoking is bad (im a smoker), and i agree, but i decided that i dont give a shit. It doesnt add years to my life, it adds life to my years. I believe in fate, and that a man destined to be hung from the gallows has no need to fear drowning.

Im drunk right now, so i hope this is at least somewhat intelligible.
King Dingaling wrote...

That explains you and your posts so much.
Peltor wrote...
TL;DR
The flaws of democracy, in a nutshell.

Think about what your parents said.
Maybe they're trying to tell you something you refuse to accept.

I always listen to him it's just he thinks he's always right I'm not that naive and childish to not listen to what he's saying.

godotccf wrote...
Edit:you're

Also, if you're in the same country as I do, assuming you are, then yeah, Pinoyland does that to you. Especially here when most us are too meek to voice an opinion and opt to turn away and be apathetic and any opinion against the majority is a giant taboo e.g. Religion + Goverment = :D, Anti-Religion= gtfo of our country

In short: we see the problems in everyday life and choose to not give a shit about it, try to deny things and they will fight you for that because they hate change, especially religious ones.

[size=1]Except the UP people ofc, fucking protestors clogging the streets[/h]

I don't go to church anymore since all what catholic church does (most of them) isn't on the bible and I attended ones like (1 month ago on st.joseph chruch in anonas) just to check if I'll have a change of heart but all what the priest is saying what random stupid things that's not even related on the bible and the priest was trying to be comedian like what the hell is this a comedy bar? now about our goverment here wala talaga akong pake.

Herodotus wrote...
There are two possible reason as to why you feel this.

Either a) the person you are arguing with is really stuck up in his belief or b) you are really stuck up in yours and fail to realize that you're wrong.

This happens all the time, people think they are right to the point where everything else is wrong, even facts that you can prove is for some reason wrong, it's how people work. Sometimes you have to sit down and think about what you're saying, think long and hard about every word you say and try to look from a factual(?) standpoint, is what you're saying truly right?

Let's say I believe that League of Legends is actually only 2 years old, give it the fact that I then "played in beta" and my account is only 2 years old. No matter how much fact you throw in my face, I won't believe you because according to me I was there. At some point, people go blind beyond reason because they are stuck up on it, they only see things from their own point of view and that is what makes debates with ignorant people really hard.

Trust me, I have tried to debate with a lot of ignorant people and it's literally impossible because they trick themself that even if I show fact, they are right and I am wrong.

you know I really love my father and we haven't fight or argued when I was in grade school until 3rd year school. I can always get money like anytime and go to anywhere I want as long as mang robert fetches me on the way home. he just wants everything to be way he wants.

Zaff wrote...
Always wrong when talking to dad? Nothing ever good enough? Sounds about right, that's just dad being dad!

i know right?

Misaki_Chi wrote...
RealityBell wrote...
...sometimes it's really annoying when you ask your friends and then they'll say "as long as your happy on what your doing" then they say i'm a person who doesn't wanna lose on a argument it really ticks me off.

Your parent's are your parents dude, can't change them, don't have to like them, optional on loving them. From what your friends have told you, sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your getting pissed at something so small and insignificant when you could be fapping and playing videogames! Just keep calm and realize that wrong and right are just words and that you need to be open to what others say, even if you don't agree. Learn where to throw your two cents in as needed and just enjoy life from there since it's too small/short for waste.

Have a cookie, always makes me feel better! (^^)

okay. dude

AquaChills wrote...
I don't think parents ever think they are wrong, mine don't think they are at least. lol

you mean parent for me. my dad runs a small business like a glass furniture. when I think of it when my cousins on my mother side was checking if there was a job that is available there he said there no available jobs but then I just notice that he hires new people (since I know everyone who works there) he's really an asshole. he hates my mothers relatives because he thinks he's unreachable or something.

Shotty Too Hotty wrote...
I have felt like that but I usually get over it because you can't put the right answer into people's heads unwillingly.

i see.

naiks wrote...
Oh boy, do I feel that 'feel' whenever there's a group discussion that's based on opinions (especially if it is something like a social topic). I usually get barked at for being a cynic and that my opinion is wrong. That's just how society works - the opinion of the few is inferior to the opinion of the many (same goes for authority regarding the opinion of a grownup and a younger person). Luckily there's a remedy for that which I find quite effective - Dontgivfukcine. But that's just me and I highly recommend you to not take me as an example.
The simple fact is either evaluate the situation and have your own conclusion of what is right and stick to it or "If you can't beat em', join em'". If having your father's (or anyone else's for that matter) approval is that important, follow his advise. If it's sticking to your truth and it being recognized is what you're after...we'll that's a different battle.

that's why i'm not living on that house anymore. he says really mean things like you want to hide under a hole. he even told my friends that I was working on a call center like why do he need to do that? he's just really an asshole who wants to ruin my life.

H_I_S_O wrote...
Gravity cat wrote...
If everyone says you're wrong, you probably are. Have you considered that? Have you also considered not giving a fuck about what people think of you and just get on with it?

Tip: Y'all need more full stops or commas to allow for pauses.

Agreeing with everything Gravity said. Though I understand it is a lot harder to "not give a fuck" when that person is a parent. Especially if OP is somehow dependent upon them, financially or otherwise.

I have my own apartment I'm 22 and I can loan for a car if i want to. I earn 25 thousand pesos a month (which can help me pay my eletric bills and stuff)

cruz737 wrote...
RealityBell wrote...

Has anyone felt like this before?
I always feel like this when having a conversation with my dad. It's like all my actions are always wrong. I think most parents seem to think that their children are robots or pets that they need to do everything for, that they can order and tell them to do what they want. I'm not saying all parents are like that i just said MOST. Sometimes it's really annoying when you ask your friends and then they'll say "as long as your happy on what your doing". Then they say I'm a person who doesn't wanna lose on a argument it really ticks me off.

I changed it so I can understand what you wrote because I think this is what you meant.

I guess if they don't want to listen to reason, you don't really have many options unless you're not above of forcing them the agree with you.(hopefully you are) If I were I'd just listen to thanielle, because life ain't fair most of the time.

>IB is now a corner for rants and venting
noooooooooooo

i know it isn't fair but you can't just let life beat you right?

King Dingaling wrote...
tl;dr

but from what i gathered from the title:

You need to decide what is right or wrong yourself. I personally am quite open minded (except for romantic relationships topic) in general, and like to listen to opinions, but in the end you have to decide yourself. For example, my parents say smoking is bad (im a smoker), and i agree, but i decided that i dont give a shit. It doesnt add years to my life, it adds life to my years. I believe in fate, and that a man destined to be hung from the gallows has no need to fear drowning.

i think i'm getting what your saying.
Everyone here feels pretty shitty when 90% of the time their wrong.

Except me and paprika and some others. :) it's why we so happy and cute and awesome~<3

MAKE MY COFFEE BITCH!!! èAÅ“

-throws brick against wall next to paprika-

:)_________ <---happy drool
Yumemi wrote...
Everyone here feels pretty shitty when 90% of the time their wrong.

Except me and paprika and some others. :) it's why we so happy and cute and awesome~<3

MAKE MY COFFEE BITCH!!! èAÅ“

-throws brick against wall next to paprika-

:)_________ <---happy drool

i see.
Who cares.. Whatever they say, I'm always right.
Did you fuck your cousin yet?
this should be in LRR BTW

maybe from there someone might actually give a fuck and agree with rants like.
'oh! I hate my parents!'
'they're ruining my life'
'they don't care about me!'

DUDE! you sound like a fucking ingrateful bastard from your post
'my self-centered problems and 'daddy issues' are heavier and greater than those dying of cancer and hunger'

pardon the hyperbole, dissing one's parent is a pet peeve for me.
did they abuse you? did they beat you up?(if they did, then ignore the rather lengthy rant below) There are much worse people out there who don't deserve to be parents.

at least they gave you a life and they didn't throw you in the gutter, and I'm just guessing this but you probably owe them your education.
I'm not telling you to lick their feet and follow them with blind obedience; at least give a little gratitude and due respect.

age does not equal to maturity(same as your father maybe), you say you're 22 yet you conplain like you're ten
you even try to justify your complaints by saying. '!oh I'm SO frickin independent. my paycheck is like this. I can totally buy this and buy that..'
SERIOUSLY! I mean REALLY! you may have such things but you still rely on your parents with other stuff.

TLDR; GROW UP! and be mature!

think carefully and ponder about things. try talking your problems out with your father in a mature and respecful way. cursing and dissing him on the internet isn't going to help you.
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata"
Happened a few times at work. Mostly with layout and measurements.

Today my boss was gonna put a column in 7 inches off-center until I corrected him.
RealityBell wrote...
Peltor wrote...
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata"

this made my day. :D

Now please. Live with it.
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
I agree with Thanielle that you will get better responses if you post this in the proper section, especially if you want people to respond seriously. If you want responses that are not serious and are downright offensive, then this is another story.

Love, Relationships and Romance is the section you are looking for.

That said if you want to pen a story, do come to Writing Section. We don't really care about quality.
Tanasinn The Bellpepper
winter55 wrote...

Thank you for addressing this

I've been wondering that myself but I thought it'd be bad form to just.. you know.. outright ask it.

But thankfully I was wrong in thinking that I was the only person who remembered that.
Tanasinn wrote...
winter55 wrote...

Thank you for addressing this

I've been wondering that myself but I thought it'd be bad form to just.. you know.. outright ask it.

But thankfully I was wrong in thinking that I was the only person who remembered that.

It's still bad.
Pages Prev12