Amy's Garage

Pages Prev12345Next
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
Kiraneko wrote...
I just woke up. ;_;
Just rev it a bit before slowly lifting off the clutch.

The problem is doing it quickly and properly. I am aghast at how I operate a car at a traffic junction. It takes 10 seconds for me to take off!

When we meet someday in time and somewhere in space, IncronotomentalVortex, perhaps you can give me driving lessons.
Just go meet the rednecks.
Theyll teach you how to drive stick.
..and kill people with dead raccoons..
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
It really is convenient when you can drive manual, but I wouldn't own one unless I live in Germany, or some other countries where the speed limit enforcement is lax.
devsonfire wrote...
It really is convenient when you can drive manual, but I wouldn't own one unless I live in Germany, or some other countries where the speed limit enforcement is lax.

I suppose it is convenient because you can drive all manners of vehicles, isn't it? Over here most cars are now automatic whilst the heavier vehicles are manually operated. I still have no idea how to move off from a halt without causing the engine to die out. I think they call it 'balancing'.
I've only ever ridden manual three times in my short time driving cars. Father says I'm a natural at it(considering the only time I let it die was leaving the hand brake on) but I'll most likely stick to auto, no reason for me needing a manual car in the Oz.

I'm also more of a motorcycle fan, dream one is a Ducati Monster.
『Valentine_K1S5』 wrote...
I've only ever ridden manual three times in my short time driving cars. Father says I'm a natural at it(considering the only time I let it die was leaving the hand brake on) but I'll most likely stick to auto, no reason for me needing a manual car in the Oz.

See, someone who lives in Oz and knows how pointless it is to drive manual here.

Leo: Heh, yeah I know lol
Indeed. I'm not very proud that friends I know advocate using manual if only for cool factor. Its useful to know if you work with heavy vehicles but not if your working in the city areas.
Indeed. I'm not very proud that friends I know advocate using manual if only for cool factor. Its useful to know if you work with heavy vehicles but not if your working in the city areas.

Heh tell me about it. Which part of Oz do you live in actually?
devsonfire wrote...

West Sydney. You know, that place where all them shootings happen.
devsonfire wrote...

West Sydney. You know, that place where all them shootings happen.

Lol that's bad then. I live in Melbourne so I wouldn't know much :S
I kidd. Although media like to go on about these incidents, they don't happen as much as they would have you believe.

Closest shooting to me was 2km at my local supermarket. As a joke, I went grocery shopping the next day in my plate carrier. Sadly not as many people share my sense of humor but at least enough for it to be worth the police stopping me.

Everyone from my parents' generation advocate learning manual. You can operate both types of transmissions. However, the trend it seems at least in my part of the world is that a lot of women are picking up driving in an automatic car. Manual transmission is not so popular.

I will post in the roleplay as Gene soon.
Why don't i know anybody here...
I kidd. Although media like to go on about these incidents, they don't happen as much as they would have you believe.

Closest shooting to me was 2km at my local supermarket. As a joke, I went grocery shopping the next day in my plate carrier. Sadly not as many people share my sense of humor but at least enough for it to be worth the police stopping me.

Hah! That must have been awkward when the police stopped you. Did they say anything?

Im fond of motorcycles as well, just not as much as cars.
Ive got a YZF R6 just sitting there..rusting..
can we hide bodies in here?

Forum Image: http://puu.sh/6gkJ3.jpg
lastmousestanding wrote...

Go ahead, but I want no mouses/rats in here. Or I put down rat poison.
Kiraneko wrote...
lastmousestanding wrote...

Spoiler:

Go ahead, but I want no mouses/rats in here. Or I put down rat poison.

no promouses
Kiraneko wrote...

Are motorcycles easier to handle than cars?

Come to think of it, I agree with Hanasaku. Bicycles are the best! Easy to control and steer, easy to check for traffic, easy to die once you get knocked down.
leonard267 wrote...
Kiraneko wrote...

Are motorcycles easier to handle than cars?

Come to think of it, I agree with Hanasaku. Bicycles are the best! Easy to control and steer, easy to check for traffic, easy to die once you get knocked down.

Depends.
Pages Prev12345Next