Which anime are you most looking forward to this season?

Which anime are you most looking forward to this season?

Total Votes : 5,474
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
[color=#9400d3]Sakura Trick and Space Dandy.
Looking Forward too Maken-ki 2 and Witchcraft Works
Wow. No love for Wake up, Girls.
The movie and the first episode was great!
[size=12][/h]Shingeki no Kyojin~~!!!!
Space Dandy looks promising. Random, but promising. So I may look forward to that and some others on the list.

Oh, and LMAO at the "I hate anime" option.
Kancolle, no questions about it
other

Seitokai Yakuindomo*
Yozakura Quartet: Yoza-Quar!
gotta be nisekoi
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda and others like Nisekoi and Shingeki
Please_don't_ban_me wrote...
I have some bad news for you... If it's news at all, Q is, without a doubt, a cock-slap to the face of every Eva fan. Anno explains nothing and drives the plot way off course (not from the original story, well, ok, it is totally different, but it's arbitrarily confusing, not "it's Eva so expect to rewatch it for it to make sense", just, "okay, why is that? I'm not following because it wasn't established or even implied... What, why?")

It's Eva if it traded continuity and development for even darker motifs. Anno is off his meds, either that or he wants to be done with the series enough to run it straight into the ground. 2.22 was a change in pace, and mostly welcomed, 3.0 is just taking leprechaun flight 101 to the dark side of Mars loony.

Without spoiling it (and the immediate and unbelievable out of left field change of direction), the scenes with Kaworu were beautifully done (though with less homoeroticism than I was expecting) and the original score is fairly good once again.

Oh, yes, and it's riddled with plot holes, you'll lose count quickly. Almost everything that happens is totally arbitrary and has no explanation.

Edit: Why is 4.0 listed before Q?

I was having some trouble understanding your comment and it was because I made a mistake. EVA Q is the same as EVA 3.0, not EVA 4.0 as I mentioned before. I have seen 3.0.

I agree, it felt very strange. He altered the story quite a lot, made it nearly unrecognizable now. I think changing Misato the way he did was not a very wise move. However, the scenes with Kaworu were quite amazing and the ending was nothing short of beautiful. I think the issue here is one between old and new. Should you see the Rebuild films without having seen the main anime and I think you would be highly impressed. Still, as far as plot points go, it does seem pointless now to attempt an understanding of the main anime in conjunction with these new entries.
Witch Craft Works, D-Frag, and Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda! Though, mostly Witch Craft Works.
nateriver10 wrote...
I have some bad news for you... If it's news at all, Q is, without a doubt, a cock-slap to the face of every Eva fan. Anno explains nothing and drives the plot way off course (not from the original story, well, ok, it is totally different, but it's arbitrarily confusing, not "it's Eva so expect to rewatch it for it to make sense", just, "okay, why is that? I'm not following because it wasn't established or even implied... What, why?")

It's Eva if it traded continuity and development for even darker motifs. Anno is off his meds, either that or he wants to be done with the series enough to run it straight into the ground. 2.22 was a change in pace, and mostly welcomed, 3.0 is just taking leprechaun flight 101 to the dark side of Mars loony.

Without spoiling it (and the immediate and unbelievable out of left field change of direction), the scenes with Kaworu were beautifully done (though with less homoeroticism than I was expecting) and the original score is fairly good once again.

Oh, yes, and it's riddled with plot holes, you'll lose count quickly. Almost everything that happens is totally arbitrary and has no explanation.

Edit: Why is 4.0 listed before Q?

I was having some trouble understanding your comment and it was because I made a mistake. EVA Q is the same as EVA 3.0, not EVA 4.0 as I mentioned before. I have seen 3.0.

I agree, it felt very strange. He altered the story quite a lot, made it nearly unrecognizable now. I think changing Misato the way he did was not a very wise move. However, the scenes with Kaworu were quite amazing and the ending was nothing short of beautiful. I think the issue here is one between old and new. Should you see the Rebuild films without having seen the main anime and I think you would be highly impressed. Still, as far as plot points go, it does seem pointless now to attempt an understanding of the main anime in conjunction with these new entries.

Most of the changes would have been okay if they had any buildup, I mean Anno just dropped us in an unexplained mess. Why skip 14 years? How did third impact happen when it was stopped? Why is Unit 01 I'm a cross in space? What killed Lilith? Why did Wille split from Nerv? The amount of questions raised seems unanswerable, I understand intrigue and mystery, but this is almost an amateur mistake, something you'd expect from a new writer. Anno may have gotten overconfident with the success he's had and over-reached himself. 4.0 has to be a masterpiece to solve the quagmire of Q, otherwise the rebuild series should have ended with third impact just happening at the end of 2.22.
Nisekoi, Chuunibyou, and seitokai are the three the I really want to watch though.
WitnessX Starship Captain
Nisekoi, Chu2Koi S2, and SoniAni. Probably missing a couple.
I thought Pupa looked interesting, but it seems like each episode is only going to be 4 minutes long, which made the first episode a confusing mess.
None of this seasons shows appeal to me, even more so than the past couple years of Animation but I'll say Buddy Complex and Nobunaga the Fool just because mecha.

Love the out of season posts though, real relevant.
Most of the changes would have been okay if they had any buildup, I mean Anno just dropped us in an unexplained mess. Why skip 14 years? How did third impact happen when it was stopped? Why is Unit 01 I'm a cross in space? What killed Lilith? Why did Wille split from Nerv? The amount of questions raised seems unanswerable, I understand intrigue and mystery, but this is almost an amateur mistake, something you'd expect from a new writer. Anno may have gotten overconfident with the success he's had and over-reached himself. 4.0 has to be a masterpiece to solve the quagmire of Q, otherwise the rebuild series should have ended with third impact just happening at the end of 2.22.

I almost want[ed] to take 3.0 as a sort of dream sequence. Even with all the convulted plot points and questions (which may or may not be answered, we'll see) it seemed like a long dream, to me. Asuka had been an enemy and Rei was weirder than ever, yet, in the end, for whatever reason, they became the three chosen children walking through an apocalyptic wasteland with a clear purpose in mind. They were reunited again. For some reason, that made crystal clear sense. I don't know... As I watched 3.0 I was either loving it or hating it but the end really brought it back for me.
I want Tale of Xilia and Tales of Graces pron
Nisekoi for me the most
Chu2byou ren, Seitokai Yakuindomo * and D-frag