Dysfuntional System Goes Kickstarter

Hello Everyone In Fakku:

I am here to spread the news that Dischan Media is going on Kickstarter right now for there most recent Visual novel called "Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos: Episode 1" purposefully looking for the funds to finish there remaining visual novel with two more episode.

Description:
From the creators of the highly acclaimed "Juniper's Knot" comes "Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos".

Dysfunctional Systems is a visual novel series featuring Winter Harrison, a student mediator from a utopian world. What is a mediator? A mediator is a person who travels between chaotic worlds, attempting to resolve the issues plaguing them. The first entry in the series follows her second mediation, where she shadows the experienced and aloof mediator: Cyrus Addington.

A Kickstarter to raise $49,000, but having 2 less episodes than were first predicted?

Well... at least we get something. This VN was in my opinion, too good to let it end like that.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO REHIRE DOOMFEST, AT THE VERY LEAST! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Zolnir wrote...
A Kickstarter to raise $49,000, but having 2 less episodes than were first predicted?

Well... at least we get something. This VN was in my opinion, too good to let it end like that.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO REHIRE DOOMFEST, AT THE VERY LEAST! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well the development was on hiatus at first but then the fan ask for them to consider to start a kickstarter and yes they lost there art director DOOMFEST now we are going to have to get use to the new style concepts that they bring to the table.
Damn, what happened that they lost the main artist?
Well, from what I heard they basically (not Doomfest, but between Jeremy and Charlie) argued a little too much, and Charlie left. Jeremy decided that the website wasn't profitable and took down the forums and even the function to comment because Charlie was intentionally spamming on them. Jeremy then decided to let Doomfest and the others go since the profits they got could not cover their salary by company standards.

Honestly, I personally think that Jeremy might have taken the company thing a bit too seriously. I figure that Doomfest simply does not have much attachment to begin with (I mean, I myself can be very good friends with people, but it doesn't bother me if I never see them again in the future - kinda like high school friends), and after things turn sour and Jeremy let him go he just decided to find his own career. He definitely had the ability to do it.

Since RiceGnat (if I remember correctly) took over Doomfest's place, I bet Jeremy didn't want to leave her (her right?) out for this huge project and rehire Doomfest just because he was the original artist. I bet that Doomfest's art - while fantastic - takes a long time to draw, so he would likely not be able to make the estimated September 2014 deadline for Episode 2 and still make the appropriate corrections and such.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Zolnir wrote...

Well... They did say it could be up to 5 episodes in total, but it was never an absolute number, 3 to 5 was the usual prediction so it's still in the promised range, even if at the absolute lowest end.

Zolnir wrote...
Since RiceGnat (if I remember correctly) took over Doomfest's place, I bet Jeremy didn't want to leave her (her right?) out for this huge project and rehire Doomfest just because he was the original artist.

I'm quite sure RiceGnat was listed as Eric “RiceGnat” Tang, clearly a male name. :P

The blog post which discusses Doomfest leaving also confirms RiceGnat and Guy-kun being let go. The artist for episodes 2 and 3 seems to be someone entirely new, possibly an artist from the Juniper's Knot animated sequel, considering their style.

edit: And the latest Kickstarter update confirms one Ryan "rtil" Miller as the main artist for both the new DS episodes as well as the JK animation.
guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
It looks promising man. Looking forward to playing it soon, question though will it be in english only? or both english and japanese.

FYI..

That beat during the opening song was sick! Anyway I can grab the instrumental from it?
guammastermind671 wrote...
That beat during the opening song was sick! Anyway I can grab the instrumental from it?

The Episode 1 opening? Soundtrack is included with the VN, go buy it.
guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
luinthoron wrote...
guammastermind671 wrote...

The Episode 1 opening? Soundtrack is included with the VN, go buy it.

just did a moment ago man! Thanks :)
I got the first episode a while ago on iOS. I loved it. The music was especially great. The story was strong and I loved the subtle interaction between Winter and Waverly. I don't care if the staff changed, I just hope the second episode is just as good or even better than the first one. Really looking forward to it.
Well, writing and music are still by the same guys, so you don't have to worry about the parts you liked the most, it seems. I'll miss Doomfest's distinctive art style, but the new art looked better and better with every update as well.
luinthoron wrote...

I prefer Doomfest's art over Rtil, Rtil is good but Doomfest's standard of quality and experience is above Rtil. No use crying over spilled milk though, Rtil is capable of catching my attention.

I'm worried for Dischan, looks like they are digging their own graves with this much restructuring while juggling project deadlines.