Wani-bites Issue 01

Pages Prev123
Given their recent takedown notices to scan/translators, this is a nice offer.

I hope they continue to venture into overseas publishing.
That's neat Jacob
Jacob wrote...
thenewhorde wrote...
Jacob wrote...
thenewhorde wrote...
just like to point something out.

you said japanese artists, but there was one that wasn't japanese on your list. vofan is a college art teacher/illustrator. he just takes accept illustration job offers in japan, he's not physically there.

Good catch, and VOFAN is pretty damn awesome: http://www.pixiv.com/users/51536

yea, only reason i know that cause i met him in a college. he was teaching there. but he doesn't teach college anymore after his newborn son last year.

btw, i've been on this site often but almost never leave messages, but i thought i'd mention that i've heard quite a lot about you from Cory. he's been telling me all kinds of stuff about u when we were hanging out in akiba. nice to finally speak to you, even if it's only on the internet. he's apparently started his own toy shop in japan now (or some kind of toy related work), not sure what those little model and figure toys are called.

anyways, it's nice to meet you.

You know Cory? That's awesome! Hopefully he only said good things about me. I didn't know he's starting a toy shop in Japan!? That's really cool, I haven't talked with him in about a year so I've been out of the loop. I'm visiting Japan pretty soon so I'll have to ask him about it before I go. And it's pretty cool that you met VOFAN in college, hopefully you and I can meet up one day and talk about it!

haha, yeah, he was pretty surprised that someone came to ask for his sig during a lesson. but he was kind enough to take 3 min of his recess time to sign for me.

and i heard all good things about you, corey holds you in high regard.
WitnessX Starship Captain
Kinda sounds like Wani might be getting ready to set up shop in the North American market. Somebody asked Project-H about licensing some works from artists under their umbrella (Bosshi and Homunculus) and they said that they'd try but that its almost impossible.

http://projecthbooks.tumblr.com/post/87923318234/hi-id-like-to-give-a-few-suggestions-for-manga-to

This puts the C&Ds they sent to the scanlation groups in a new light.
Hooray free on iBooks! Downloading now.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Hmm... Didn't think about it at the time this was originally posted as the possibility wasn't known at the time yet, but since Fakku has a partnership with Wani now and not everyone is able to view this due to not having an iProduct, would it be possible for you to provide us with these as well, since they're free anyway? Even having the Fakku release delayed by one issue would work if they want it to be Apple exclusive at first.
luinthoron wrote...
Hmm... Didn't think about it at the time this was originally posted as the possibility wasn't known at the time yet, but since Fakku has a partnership with Wani now and not everyone is able to view this due to not having an iProduct, would it be possible for you to provide us with these as well, since they're free anyway? Even having the Fakku release delayed by one issue would work if they want it to be Apple exclusive at first.

That's not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do.
Pages Prev123