Is this true? Fakku follows CR?

http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2bysra/the_day_a_cried_when_sadpanda_died_2014/

How many % in that thread or particularly the pastebin.com/8HUEy9qE is true?
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Most of that PasteBin seems butthurt-y.

The part about Fakku getting Takedown notices by Wani, Jacob striking a deal with them. (So as far as Wani's works are concerned, Fakku is legit) and Fakku not sending out DMCA notices. I can't confirm anything else because I simply don't know as I've not been paying huge amounts of attention.

In any case, I don't see what the big deal is - only a minority of the available hentai on the entire internet was affected by this. People have been saying for years that they wanted to support their favourite author. Well now they can by actually buying their works, which is all Wani wants. They are a business after all, and as a business, piracy loses them money which hinders the frequency of released works.

But in case you don't take my word for it, look the gift horse in the mouth
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Plus all those sadpanda mangos are just hidden from non savoy users...T_T WHICH IM NOT. But I have other places.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
zero7090 wrote...
http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2bysra/the_day_a_cried_when_sadpanda_died_2014/

How many % in that thread or particularly the pastebin.com/8HUEy9qE is true?

Most of the paste bin is quotes or pics of things that happened, but there is quite a bit of those quotes that are purely speculative. They mentioned that the only thing Fakku has to prove we weren't implicated in the take downs is our word, but in the same light there is also no proof that we were accomplices, so why is our word less trustworthy than random people screaming bloody murder?

The matter should be over at this point, Fakku didn't steal your hentai.
To me the blow here is not just about paying money for Hmanga.

fakku becomes one of the biggest Hmanga site in the world because it was free and a lot people outside of Jacob and admin circle made it so. The influence of fakku was built upon those pirated manga. People get hooked on h-manga, and they buy merchandises to support the author. Let be honest if there wasnt for people translating Hmanga i wouldnt even know who is homunculus, curvie.... I bought the Monster Girl Quest but i still pirated it from 3rd party site because they have the translation patch and better download link. Now fakku using the influences of DMCA, shut down translation group and delete already translated manga/doujin. DCMA is a slowly but surely kill. Sooner or later as US remain super power in the world, its law will become the world laws. The whole thing is legal but it is a hit below the belt.

5-6 years ago, dannychoo had a cool website. His website wasnt just a blog, it was like an image board, where the hottest threads are about people posting Hmanga, H-CG with hilarious comments. Then when he is popular enough, dannychoo decided that he can get more traffic from CNN, JP yahoo and other serious sources. So he trashed all the thread, so that his site can become "clean". It made perfect sense that doing so helped him a lot to become this successful today. Yet i feel betrayal and bitter and never again go his site.

I saw the Japan anti piracy laws on the news, with people talking about replacing fansub with online stream like CR, then i saw this pastebin and i cant stop thinking. Can jacob success if he makes an entire new site only for selling licensed Hmanga with no string attached to fakku? Would he able to have the same amount of audiences without using the fakku name, value? Or would the japanese anime/manga or dannychoo become this popular today without those free pirate fansub or those HCG, Hmanga discussing thread? Would people get to know them if they was what they are today?

I dont know the right answers. May be i am just an autistic kid who get attached superficial things and cannot break from his habits.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Well, unlike the examples you mentioned, there have been no such changes to Fakku so far. While Wani content (mostly) disappeared after the takedown notice, everything else is still there and more is added daily. User Uploads section still exists in the forums as well.
WitnessX Starship Captain
Seems like mostly butthurt to me (e-hentai's forums are also pretty butthurt about it), and as has been discussed before, it wasn't until AFTER Wani issued the takedown notices that Fakku inked the deal to publish their catalog in North America, so any conspiracy theories about that are BS IMO.

The thing that I don't understand (and maybe someone can clue me in as to why) is why all the doujinshi by the artists listed in the takedown notice were disabled as well. For example, Homunculus has done doujinshi for both Bakemonogatari and Evangelion, and those have been disabled. However (again, please correct me if I'm wrong), my understanding is that the doujinshi are self-published, and they can't be licensed in the Western market anyway thanks to copyright laws (right now, Funimation has the Eva license, and Aniplex of America has the license for Bakemonogatari).
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
Not all doujinshis, Futabu from Bosshi (who partly works for Wani) is still up everywhere.
same for most futanari doujin from the same artist by the way.

(Futabu is related to Tenma Comics, though, so if Tenma comics asks for removal, this will be removed)
WitnessX Starship Captain
Likhos01 wrote...
Not all doujinshis, Futabu from Bosshi (who partly works for Wani) is still up everywhere.
same for most futanari doujin from the same artist by the way.

(Futabu is related to Tenma Comics, though, so if Tenma comics asks for removal, this will be removed)

Oh. Still, though, it begs the question: why are some doujinshi disabled?