In-Book Advertisement (Please post replies about it here)

Pages Prev1234Next
I have to agree with the general consensus here, these in-book ads are actually more intrusive than any other ad I've dealt with on the site. Even more than those Hekku! ads that would never go away unless I clicked on a tiny close out "x".
Saen wrote...
The Skip Ad link is a blue link above the advertisement for me and disappears once the dark theme is selected. I am using a third party internet browser on a tablet though, so that may be part of it.

I'm currently getting this same problem and I'm using Firefox on my laptop.

I don't really mind the new advertisement tbh. I sure hope it replaces the pop up one we get every time we view a hentai.
Hate, hate, hate this style of ads. Literally anything else is preferable. Banner ads and sidebar ads have never bothered me. These ads, which require an actual response before you can see content, are a huge pain in the keister and a major turn off for me.

I am sure you guys get more revenue per page view with those than with banner ads, and I want y'all to succeed, but I guarantee a majority of your readership is gonna be really ticked off if these stay.
I strongly dislike the change and hope something else is worked out before I'm finished with the books on my account.

Also it generates a popup ad when you skip the in-book ad!
After the update, I noticed that the page does not jump to the top when you go to the next page. Is this a bug?
chaoschild wrote...
I strongly dislike the change and hope something else is worked out before I'm finished with the books on my account.

Also it generates a popup ad when you skip the in-book ad!

The popups have been active for a little time now, and they are a real pain in the ass. If you go the five different books, it pops the same ad for every one of them. I never minded the ones that opened in a sedond windo behind the main window even checked them out once or twice but having both of these is a redundant and frustrating.

Im not a fan of the adds either way, but I would rather have this in page version, which to me first or last is fine atleast then you not messing with the flow of the story. Either way I am going to look in to the gold version. I apparently missed the anouncment that it was available. I have always been one fo the supporters of an ad free version, even if it cost me.
This pop up is genuinely irritating to me. If i've seen it once i don't want to see it again when i check a different publication, yet it shows back up every single time i go to browse

Edit: I think i'll come back after this feature is gone or modified in some way so i don't see ads every single bloody time i go to browse.

Cya Fellow fakku'ers.
Issue with navigation broken for ABP users is now fixed. It now will perform the Skip Ad function if it detects AdBlockPlus. Sorry for the previous issue, previous code was not detecting if ABP had hidden the ad or not, so it was still active yet invisible.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. We really truly do appreciate it. Remember, we're just givin' this a go for right now to see how it performs and how the user opinion of it is.

Today, I'm going to play with the idea of not showing it after X time, after it has been skipped once.

I apologize for the slowness at getting this new ad spot working smoothly.
Already miss the ability to click the page I am done reading to go to the next page, was quite the convenient tool
alphachurch01 wrote...
Already miss the ability to click the page I am done reading to go to the next page, was quite the convenient tool

That is supposed to be still working o.O if you click the page it doesnt go to the next page for you?
Kisuka wrote...
alphachurch01 wrote...

That is supposed to be still working o.O if you click the page it doesnt go to the next page for you?

It doesn't work with Adblock enabled, which is annoying as hell. Heck, even with Adblock completely disabled, it'll still break.

Please go back to the way it was before.
Kisuka wrote...
alphachurch01 wrote...

with adblock it seems to be allowing scrolling up and down a page with W and S, but turning pages with A and D, doesnt seem to work.
Those having issues with navigation still with ABP installed, please try clearing your cache and let me know if that helps at all. Please report if it doesn't help at all. Seems to be working on my end when I enable ABP.

Also please let me know what List your using in ABP. On my end I'm using EasyList.
Clearing cache did nothing. Using EasyList in Firefox.
ABP enabled, easylist being used, and cache cleared, still got the problem of not being able to change the page by clicking
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Unsure if it's supposed to be this way, but you can click the "skip ad" button before it finishes counting down from 5.
Kisuka wrote...
Those having issues with navigation still with ABP installed, please try clearing your cache and let me know if that helps at all. Please report if it doesn't help at all. Seems to be working on my end when I enable ABP.

Also please let me know what List your using in ABP. On my end I'm using EasyList.

Cleared cache nothing, disabled ABP and cleared cache still nothing. Also the previous and next buttons tend to work when they want to meaning every other visit I have to Fakku(or every other manga) the buttons don't work so i have to use the page select tab to change pages
Tsujoi wrote...
Unsure if it's supposed to be this way, but you can click the "skip ad" button before it finishes counting down from 5.

That button doesn't (and shouldn't) appear with ABP enabled.
Also doesn't work with Adblock Edge, also using EasyList. It seems to work for the first book after I open Firefox, but any second and later books it's broken. I can't even use the Next or Back buttons currently. I have to open the page dropdown box and click each page.
For those using ABP, make sure you didn't add a custom rule for FAKKU for blocking this Ad (such as disabling #advertisement-page).

The Skip Ad button has a class on it which EasyList already blocks. When the ad is loaded I dropped a check in there to see if the skip button is visible. If not, it closes the ad automatically, making navigation possible if the Ad is being blocked by ABP.
Pages Prev1234Next