Worst invention people still use

Pages 12Next
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
In your opinion, what is the invention that people STILL buy today that you feel is a failure?

For me it would have to be those ice cream dots.

1) They claim to be future food, but it was made in the 90s.
2) It tastes more like ice with sugar sprinkled on it than ice cream
3) Its more expensive than ice cream.
Segways seem pretty useless to me. Never seen anyone riding that thing on the streets
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Not really an "invention" per sé, but any new "miracle diet" that claims to shed the pounds from eating a foodstuff or restricting yourself to a single foodstuff. And people are stupid enough to fall for it in this day and age.

There is no miracle cure or shortcut (surgery excluded), just eat healthily and excercise more.
Television.

Can't be called a failure but it's just subjecting yourself to nonstop, mostly privatized media. It's 2015 and I'm not having it. I can get my news, shows, traffic and weather online, on demand and so much more. I can even choose to not be subjected to advertising.

Cord cutting has sort of become a thing and I imagine television networks feel threatened by it. It's not okay to fight human progress just so you can keep your precious throne on the hill. If these businesses want to survive they should be thinking about adapting, not fighting tooth and nail to prevent the inevitable.
Tegumi "im always cute"
FinalBoss wrote...
In your opinion, what is the invention that people STILL buy today that you feel is a failure?

Hey I LOVE Dippin' Dots. Don't diss.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
computers
mp3 players
laptops
tablets
Tegumi wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

You're no longer my favorite mod. The only advantage it has over traditional ice cream is that it doesn't stain your clothe when you spill it.
Damoz ~Not A User~
Democracy (An invention of sorts)

Pretty sure most people should have figured out it works about as well as communism~
DMCA and other copyright crap. It doesnt work. If people think something is worth their money, they will buy to support the creators (assuming they make price fair). If its overpriced, people are going to steal it or not buy at all, in both cases company make no money.
Sgt.broski Where's the futa Jacob
Tegumi wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

I went to sooo many amusement parks and never one did the thought cross to get Dippin' Dots. I regret it, every, day.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Smartphones. And tablets.
Many of the As Seen On TV crap that keeps getting updated with newer and newer models every 2 months...
Like those swivel sweepers. I mean, sure they work okay for hardwood I guess, but so does my vacuum that does a much better job cleaning both hardwood and carpet
Tegumi "im always cute"
FinalBoss wrote...
You're no longer my favorite mod. The only advantage it has over traditional ice cream is that it doesn't stain your clothe when you spill it.

Naw, the texture of it when it *just* starts melting is great.

TheOverFlow wrote...
I went to sooo many amusement parks and never one did the thought cross to get Dippin' Dots. I regret it, every, day.

Did you know they have Dippin' Dots stores? It's rad.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
every other hentai site ever. like, guys, we got this thing covered over here
Holoofyoistu wrote...

Sorry, but I'd be more sad if Ex were to bite the dust than Fakku. Don't get me wrong, I come here more often because the community is superb, but that's about it.
FinalBoss wrote...
Holoofyoistu wrote...

Sorry, but I'd be more sad if Ex were to bite the dust than Fakku. Don't get me wrong, I come here more often because the community is superb, but that's about it.

Ehhh. As far as material goes they have 5x the stuff but I don't care for 90% of that. The distinguishing difference for me is downloads and I guess I like how they use H@H but that's pretty much it. I think FAKKU does browsing much better, being able to see tags without clicking through and 2 page previews. EH doesn't believe in the almighty vanilla tag either.
If i had to share my two cents, that would be Homeopathy,
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Condoms and RC cola.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Mobile tariffs; both contract and pay-as-you-go.

For at least a tenner a month have all this shit you're probably not going to use which only lasts exactly 28 days and then we take it all away from you so you can't even text your dear ol' mum unless you cough up more. And good luck loading web pages in a hurry, while mobile internet has come a long way in the last decade it's still shite. Use wifi wherever you can.

And there's not much point in SMS messaging charges anymore. The free texts you get with tariffs, iMessage and WhatsApp basically render them obsolete. I understand it's to put them behind a paywall so you have to top up, but basic contact is so every day now it shouldn't cost 10-fucking-p a text.
Dishwashers, I don't know why but they piss me off.
Pages 12Next