What is missed is missed

What is a band or musical performer that died, or disbanded that you wish was still around today?

I think the two I would go with right off the bat is wish Frank Mercury was still alive cause I just absolutely loved Queen. If you never heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" then you are missing 6 minutes of amazingness. I think Mercury had so much more he could have done and with his death in 91' the band just never was the same.

Another of course is John Lennon. I mean if I didn't say that I think my dad would be upset. The Beatles have so many amazing songs and I just wish that Lennon would still been around for a reunion tour once in awhile.

Queen and The Beatles have so many songs that just never seem to get old or out of date.
Queen had shit albums with great singles.

I miss Pink Floyd, albeit some of the crew are still alive and kicking.
Well, there's Foreground Eclipse, that was fairly recent, so I'm still quite sad about that.

Izrael Kamakawiwo'ole, he was an amazing singer, probably the most beautiful male voice I've ever heard. Weather what he was singing was sad, happy or epic, he always seemed to put in a huge amount of emotion. A true Hawaiian Sup'pa man.

Z was a good band, but they never really caught the public eye, but the 1 album they released was just so amazing (in my opinion) I couldn't believe they didn't get more of a fan base.
The Mars Volta. Though they do lost their awe in the last two albums, I don't think they should just broke up like that.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Anyone that died young-ish?

Ronnie Van Zant
Jimmy Hendrix
Cliff Burton
Sandy Denny
Freddie Mercury
Hide Matsumoto
Ryssen wrote...
I miss Pink Floyd, albeit some of the crew are still alive and kicking.

They're releasing a new album in October! I doubt they'll do a tour or anything, but it's just unbelievable to me that they're releasing new material.

The Clash. Since Joe Strummer died, there's practically zero chance of any reunion, which is really sad. I wish I could've seen them play back when they first released London Calling.
The only bands I miss are visual kei bands where break ups are too frequent since new bands that don't have a mainstream sound often don't get a chance .
The Beetles, man. I respect modern artists today but....The Beetles, man..
Obviously Foreground Eclipse and also P.T.P.'s (Pay money To my Pain) vocalist, Kei Goto. I'd kill for a new FE album.
[size=12]lots of them,
  • hendrix. obviously

• black sabbath - dio's first spell (the ozzy version had already turned to crap)

• led zeppelin (although maybe it's a blessing in disguise that bonzo died before the music could turn to crap)

• diamond head - natural successor to led zeppelin with one of the most amazing debuts of all time, which unfortunately went straight to their head

• pink floyd - the roger waters/ian gilmour partnership

• gary moore - underrated genius who died suddenly

• guns n' roses - was quite good in spite of all of axl's insanity

• scorpions - recovered well from their nightmare 90s, and they chose to retire on a high... but i still wish they'd have recorded a few more albums

• death - tragically lost their leader

• bathory - ditto

• in flames - the original version

• pantera/dimebag darell

• bruce dickinson - although his maiden stuff is ok, i miss the exciting creativeness of his 90s solo albums. and anyway, it seems as if his aircraft business has him far more excited nowadays :/

[/h]
Man guess I wasn't the only one that thought like this.

Freddy Mercury (Queen): Wasn't that into Queen but I knew their singles. I liked how he was live.

Pantera/Damageplan: Dimebag. Enough said.

Beastie Boys: I really found their music and music videos funny.

Jimi Hendrix: I always wondered if he was still alive would his music in the future be good or bad. That always got to me. And how much of the music world would he change?

Disturbed: Yeah they are on hiatus but I'd really would like for a new album soon.

Breaking Benjamin: Did like Phobia but not the album after that. Did like the singles they released.

Kanye West's mom: I'm both joking and being serious. I believe if his mom was still a live he wouldn't be acting like a douche.

Cliff Burton (Metallica): I really question if he didn't die would Metallica still be the Metallica that came out with Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lighting, and Master Of Puppets.

Paul Grey (Slipknot) : I think if he didn't die then there wouldn't be negativity in the band. I mean the drummer left apparently and it seems as though if he didn't know he was kicked out.

zeroniv_legend wrote...
The Mars Volta. Though they do lost their awe in the last two albums, I don't think they should just broke up like that.

Do agree with you on this. I'm pretty sure it was Omar (lead guitarist) that didn't want to drag it on.

Now these bands had members that died but are still going on.

Deftones: If their bassist, Chi Cheng, didn't die I think Eros (shelved album) would have made it out.

Drowning Pool: When the singer died I believe the band just haven't been getting that success they got when their first album was made.
Motherfucking FOREGROUND ECLIPSE. I would sell my soul for more FE. *sigh* I miss Teto's screams man. Everything they did was pitch perfect. Im not even sure why the hell they disbanded. I mean, they were doing good were they not? But every good thing has to end eventually I guess. At least Merami works in a bunch of other stuff, so we still get her. I have every FE album there is, and I will keep them forever.
Bob Marley
Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson are 2 of my favorite musicians. I wish they were able to give us more music.
There is a ton that I miss, but all i can think right now is The Postal Service, and The Smiths.