FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

Iphone: safari browser.

Images extend past the viewable boundry. (the url bar at the top. And the Toolbar on the bottom.)

Needing me to hold a finger slide to view the bottom of the page that may or may not be there. (letting go of the screen causes the image to snap back to whatever position it was in before.)

Honestly. The ability to view books in the same manor as everything else would be preferable.
Extremely frustrated with the reader. It says "failed to load book" each time I try to open a book. I'm on an updated iPhone using safari. Please let us have an option to not use the reader. There's no point in purchasing more books if I can't read them on a mobile device.
Shadowdevi The Panty Bandit
It may have already been suggested but I would gladly +1 any request for a 2-page-spread option on the reader.
BitNdragon More Than A God
I would really like it if you guys made it easier to turn the page. I have to hit the side of my screen sometime like 4 or 5 times, and it's hard when your really into something to get back in after frustratingly hitting your screen over and over again to no avail.
BitNdragon wrote...
I would really like it if you guys made it easier to turn the page. I have to hit the side of my screen sometime like 4 or 5 times, and it's hard when your really into something to get back in after frustratingly hitting your screen over and over again to no avail.

Are you using a tablet? In my experience the reader is pretty responsive but because each page is high resolution it takes a few seconds to load.
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

Are you using a tablet? In my experience the reader is pretty responsive but because each page is high resolution it takes a few seconds to load.

No the issue is that I have to hit the very end of the page with my entire finger and on the Galaxy S5 that can be a bit of a pain. If it would change the page within a wider area than the very end of the screen it would make reading a lot easier.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Thrust vectoring wrote...
Iphone: safari browser.

Images extend past the viewable boundry. (the url bar at the top. And the Toolbar on the bottom.)

You'll need to be more specific on your software - what iOS version are you running?

TallTyrionLannister wrote...
Extremely frustrated with the reader. It says "failed to load book" each time I try to open a book. I'm on an updated iPhone using safari. Please let us have an option to not use the reader. There's no point in purchasing more books if I can't read them on a mobile device.

Pinging @Jacob - this sounds like a permission issue more than anything else. Though knowing your exact iOS version wouldn't hurt either.

BitNdragon wrote...
No the issue is that I have to hit the very end of the page with my entire finger and on the Galaxy S5 that can be a bit of a pain. If it would change the page within a wider area than the very end of the screen it would make reading a lot easier.

The tap areas are 25% of the screen width at left and right, so you really shouldn't have to be tapping the very edge of the device for the page change to work.
Daiz wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

The tap areas are 25% of the screen width at left and right, so you really shouldn't have to be tapping the very edge of the device for the page change to work.

I'm not sure why I seem to be having the problem then but wouldn't be easiest to just allow swiping similar to the old app?
BitNdragon wrote...
Daiz wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

I'm not sure why I seem to be having the problem then but wouldn't be easiest to just allow swiping similar to the old app?

You aren't the only one having that issue. I'm not on FAKKU! on my phone a lot because of where I work, but when I do and I want to read one of the books I have, I also have to use my whole finger at the very end of the page. I also have a Galaxy S5, maybe it's something to do with the phone since we both have the same kind, and same issue?
skyemoonstone wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...
Daiz wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

You aren't the only one having that issue. I'm not on FAKKU! on my phone a lot because of where I work, but when I do and I want to read one of the books I have, I also have to use my whole finger at the very end of the page. I also have a Galaxy S5, maybe it's something to do with the phone since we both have the same kind, and same issue?

Yeah it might be an issue with using the phone, but it should be simple enough to fix. I really like the look of the reader, but it would be nice if they would just make it swipe-able. If the issue is that swiping doesn't work for the website then relaunching the app would be a possible alternative. If the app was more functional I would love to use it now. Problem with that being the "profile" image of each doujin is an error, and there's no ability to log in so I can read the books; therefore it doesn't quite work. I really don't know much about web development, so I don't know if making it so I can swipe while using the reader or fixing the problems with the app would be easier, but it would be nice if I didn't need to wait till the book get DL links before I could comfortable read it.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
It would be possible to add simple swipe support quite quickly, however that would have two notable caveats. One: the swipe page change wouldn't be an animated one (the reader just isn't built to support this right now), so you'd just do a swipe gesture on a static page and after letting go the page would change instantly like with tapping, and two: you couldn't start the swipe gesture from the very edge of the screen. The common mobile browsers all reserve swiping from the edge as a gesture for themselves even if they don't actually do anything with it, which results in not being able to use it in a web app like the reader.
Daiz wrote...
It would be possible to add simple swipe support quite quickly, however that would have two notable caveats. One: the swipe page change wouldn't be an animated one (the reader just isn't built to support this right now), so you'd just do a swipe gesture on a static page and after letting go the page would change instantly like with tapping, and two: you couldn't start the swipe gesture from the very edge of the screen. The common mobile browsers all reserve swiping from the edge as a gesture for themselves even if they don't actually do anything with it, which results in not being able to use it in a web app like the reader.

That would be fine it just gets difficult to read when it won't seem to notice my tapping. I think swiping would help a lot with being able to easily use the reader
Hello. I purchase puniKano/Renai Sample an hour ago. I can not read any of the books or download it. Reading gives me "Failed to load book" and trying to download brings me back to fakku home page. My order history shows the purchase as complete. I tried using Chrome/Opera/IE (none worked). Any ideas?
xYuzuki wrote...
Hello. I purchase puniKano/Renai Sample an hour ago. I can not read any of the books or download it. Reading gives me "Failed to load book" and trying to download brings me back to fakku home page. My order history shows the purchase as complete. I tried using Chrome/Opera/IE (none worked). Any ideas?

Not only you, I am also unable to read my books online today too.
Is there a way to speed up page loading?
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
For the last week or so the reader has seemed really... umm, awful.

Every page is just blank and white and the image only shows up after several minutes of waiting and reloading the page. And even after a page has loaded once, I go back and it has to load yet again (another few minutes of waiting and refreshing).

Is it just me who's having this issue?
PewPewK The Wisewolf of Yoitsu
Anyone else having an issue on Android tablets where page turning by hitting the hotzones on either the left or right hand side just doesn't work 95% of the time? Recently, to change pages I've been having to tap to pull up the UI then hitting the > button to advance.

Would be awesome if we could at some point get swipe detection on both Android and iOS.

**cough** Jacob http://www.awwwards.com/touchswipe-a-jquery-plugin-for-touch-and-gesture-based-interaction.html **cough**
BitNdragon wrote...
skyemoonstone wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...
Daiz wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

Yeah it might be an issue with using the phone, but it should be simple enough to fix. I really like the look of the reader, but it would be nice if they would just make it swipe-able. If the issue is that swiping doesn't work for the website then relaunching the app would be a possible alternative. If the app was more functional I would love to use it now. Problem with that being the "profile" image of each doujin is an error, and there's no ability to log in so I can read the books; therefore it doesn't quite work. I really don't know much about web development, so I don't know if making it so I can swipe while using the reader or fixing the problems with the app would be easier, but it would be nice if I didn't need to wait till the book get DL links before I could comfortable read it.

Have the same problem on Galaxy S3. It just doesn't seem to recognize the tapping most of the times, I have to repeatedly hit the side for it to change page. Would love swipe feature too, even if it's not animated.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
fallenwing13 wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...
skyemoonstone wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...
Daiz wrote...
BitNdragon wrote...

Have the same problem on Galaxy S3. It just doesn't seem to recognize the tapping most of the times, I have to repeatedly hit the side for it to change page. Would love swipe feature too, even if it's not animated.

this may be issue with with Samsung, the reader work fine on my G3, why not just use the navigation button on the reader
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
PewPewK wrote...
Anyone else having an issue on Android tablets where page turning by hitting the hotzones on either the left or right hand side just doesn't work 95% of the time? Recently, to change pages I've been having to tap to pull up the UI then hitting the > button to advance.

Yep that's pretty much my experience trying to use the reader on Android. I've brought this up on every single thread about the reader but so far nothing.