User submitted: Do you watch other types of Japanese shows?

Pages Prev123

Aside from anime, do you watch other types of shows out of Japan?

Total Votes : 2,132
Yes jdramas and movies ocationally
Do JAVs count?
As of now, I have only watched anime. Depending if I do find something interesting (TV or movie-wise), might look into those as well.
i watch tokusatsu, lately, more than i watch anime. i just finished up the full TV run of Kamen Rider Drive, as it aired, and now i'm set for Kamen Rider Ghost next weekend. along with that i'm watching Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
tyrker wrote...
Does sentai type shows count

That's what tokusatsu is. Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the like.

OT: Mostly just getting into toku now. Specifically Kamen Rider.
Just anime for me, as far as Japanese shows go. I've been interested in some movies, but I've yet to get around to any so that doesn't really count.
I watch Kamen Rider and Super Sentai so Henshin!

Forum Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D7x03MFwP9o/VRFgVgT4DqI/AAAAAAAAKJg/tG7MLalMBtE/s1600/10440173_748889741891706_5966552097628803850_n.jpg
I'd say movies, but there's hardly no good Japanese director anymore.
I keep up-to-date on Tokusatsu shows. I'm all about spandex-clad warriors fighting rubber-suit monsters. I just wish buying toys of them were easier for folks in the U.S.

As a side-note, it's so weird that there isn't much hentai for tokusatsu shows, considering how big they are in Japan...
Godzilla all the way!
Gaki Tsukai Batsu Game is hilarious and brilliant. It's a show where if the contestants laugh they get a punishment (darts to the ass, MUAY THAI KICKS to the ass, etc) and they go to great lengths to set up jokes to make them laugh. It's hilarious seeing the jokes, and even more hilarious seeing them trying not to laugh for fear of the punishment.

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6Xy18-aeA
❤ j-drama for life ☆ ~examples: hana yori dango, hana kimi, my boss my hero, gokusen, rookies, zettai kareshi, great teacher onizuka ...
I've been watching K-dramas and variety shows, but only Japanese games, movies, and anime/manga/hentai.
I have 3 japanese movies but they're based on anime. Otherwise I've seen a few japanese movies.
Watched a pair of dramas (HanaKimi and MBMH) and the Death Note live action movie.

Seen a handful of Kitano's movies, too much to list individualy. Same for Akira Kurosawa and Kenji Mizogushi.

And some coming from the back of my mind:

Ichi The Killer (Takashi Miike).
Tetsuo: The Iron Man (Shinya Tsukamoto).
Unagi (Shohei Imamura).
Cure (Kiyoshi Kurosawa).

That's about all...

Most of these were pretty cool (only Death Note felt a bit like a downer, but it's a live adaptation of an anime so I suppose it's hard to get up to the expectations on that one) :)
I love watching the commercials.

Also, baseball.
Cage The great and powerful
Given that my choice isn't available I pick history/science. When I'm watching TV I normally watch something from the History Channel or the Science Channel maybe the Military Channel. I for one can't stand dramas and I rarely watch a movie on TV. Moreover live action shows like Dr. Who and Firefly just don't interest me.
Takeshis Castle when it used to come from TV, had some good laughs.
tinylv16 Unchairable Mass
Japanese culture? Anime of cause...
Pages Prev123