Scarlett Johannson is Zoe Quinn in Gamergate the Movie

Pages Prev12
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Waar wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...
There's really no need for such blatant #CyberViolence!

To be fair I think the need is quite great.

^ He's right y'know
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Only movie i hoping i see before I die.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
Waar wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...
There's really no need for such blatant #CyberViolence!

To be fair I think the need is quite great.

Agreed. I was just mocking Zoe and Anita's #CyberViolence BS.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Zoe is a pretty shitty person but hating her only makes her more of a victim.

And in the world of rabbid progressives, the more of a victim you are, the more infallible you are.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
cruz737 wrote...

And in the world of rabbid progressives, the more of a victim you are, the more infallible you are.

Unfortunately that is very very true.

animefreak_usa wrote...
Only movie i hoping i see before i die.

Broken link for me, but I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. I'm pretty keen to see deadpool. Ryans performance in wolverine was pretty good, so, should be worth
Waar FAKKU Moderator
cruz737 wrote...

Not sure it works that way. I'm sure people hating her(and those feeding her delusions) in her mind already contribute to the "victimization" but anyone who can identify what she is, what she's really doing already write her off as an attention whore. There are very few undecideds still on the fence about her and those who are just learning about her now are quick to dismiss her points.

It's a shame really, she gives actual feminist/any real point she might have a bad name; the video game industry does tend to cater to a male audience(as we used to be almost the exclusive market for them) and it would be nice or more female oriented games were made but it all comes out as crap because of her lack of credibility.

Can't believe anyone at the UN took anything she had to say seriously. For the most part I simply believe it's people who are not really aware of how things work on the internet, or "laymen", who swallow her shtick which can be an ever bigger problem as they tend to be the lawmakers.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Waar wrote...
cruz737 wrote...

Not sure it works that way. I'm sure people hating her(and those feeding her delusions) in her mind already contribute to the "victimization" but anyone who can identify what she is, what she's really doing already write her off as an attention whore. There are very few undecideds still on the fence about her and those who are just learning about her now are quick to dismiss her points.

It's a shame really, she gives actual feminist/any real point she might have a bad name; the video game industry does tend to cater to a male audience(as we used to be almost the exclusive market for them) and it would be nice or more female oriented games were made but it all comes out as crap because of her lack of credibility.

Can't believe anyone at the UN took anything she had to say seriously. For the most part I simply believe it's people who are not really aware of how things work on the internet, or "laymen", who swallow her shtick which can be an ever bigger problem as they tend to be the lawmakers.

Yeap. Similar deal with anita snarksomething. Has some valid points, the rest are just dumb, making her entire point/ view a joke.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Waar wrote...
cruz737 wrote...

They'll more than likely see a women being harassed and called things because an ex made her affair a public thing, I haven't seen any major media outlet say anything differently. The only people who see her as an attention whore, manipulator, hypocrite, etc. etc. are "gamers", and there's already a bias of sexism and vitriol.(some of it is true unfortunately)

The game industry is a huge as fuck and has games that appeal to people of all demographics/experience levels and the barrier of entry is almost nonexistent to making what you want to play. Plus developers are artist, they have creative freedom to do what they want with their games, they don't have to pander or cater to anyone as long they're not committing fraud. They're not public servants, and women aren't some unified demographic that's catered to by a single genre or concept.

Drifter995 wrote...

Yeap. Similar deal with anita snarksomething. Has some valid points, the rest are just dumb, making her entire point/ view a joke.

The only thing I agree with her as that a lot of video game writing is bad and that people shouldn't send death threats and harassment at her. Other than that her main points have no validity, or she's just no a fan of free expression.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
cruz737 wrote...
They'll more than likely see a women being harassed and called things because an ex made her affair a public thing, I haven't seen any major media outlet say anything differently. The only people who see her as an attention whore, manipulator, hypocrite, etc. etc. are "gamers", and there's already a bias of sexism and vitriol.(some of it is true unfortunately)

The game industry is a huge as fuck and has games that appeal to people of all demographics/experience levels and the barrier of entry is almost nonexistent to making what you want to play. Plus developers are artist, they have creative freedom to do what they want with their games, they don't have to pander or cater to anyone as long they're not committing fraud. They're not public servants, and women aren't some unified demographic that's catered to by a single genre or concept.

Once again I attribute the coverage of most media outlets as that of laymen who really know very little about what they're talking about. It's like watching CNN report on the "hacker group anonymous" as if it's actually some sort of organized group with an agenda they all work towards.

I don't disagree that women are sometimes targets on the internet but so is everyone else... Everyone faces harassment and it's just a shame that people think this is a singular gender issue when it's a universal problem of free speech. That being said, it's a problem I would rather we left alone rather than censor the internet in any way.

Pretty sure we agree on most of this and we might even be on the same page for once.
Sometimes when someone takes an arm, you don't slap them but who gave them the proverbial inch. With the whole Quinn debacle, it's people like this guy

Forum Image: http://abload.de/img/1448333313869ozolc.jpg

I consider them to be the true plague over the whole SJW-GG scene, nothing worse than those kind of males, they're true responsible for the current sad state of affairs.
Drifter995 wrote...
Masayoshi wrote...
Dafuq is Gamergate?

I haven't exactly been living under a rock, I've just been very busy with work and school. Yet, no one at college ever talks about it?

I wonder why?

Because the whole ordeal is literally trash. Somebody being trash, then lots of journalists go on about how gamers are trash, then they retaliate, then the original trash cries wolf about things to play the victim, and then people rally to back her up. Then her cries are called out as fake, blah blah.
Cycle of bullshit essentially. Look into it if you want, but don't do much on it, it's dying off now, thank fuck. Odds are this movie will throw a massive spin on it again, and cause it to rise up, and make everyone think gamers are trash again, and more bullshit will happen. Then it's just a case of sitting inside until it dies down again, because fads

>_>

"Anita has valid points"

No she does not
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Renovartio wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Masayoshi wrote...
Dafuq is Gamergate?

I haven't exactly been living under a rock, I've just been very busy with work and school. Yet, no one at college ever talks about it?

I wonder why?

Because the whole ordeal is literally trash. Somebody being trash, then lots of journalists go on about how gamers are trash, then they retaliate, then the original trash cries wolf about things to play the victim, and then people rally to back her up. Then her cries are called out as fake, blah blah.
Cycle of bullshit essentially. Look into it if you want, but don't do much on it, it's dying off now, thank fuck. Odds are this movie will throw a massive spin on it again, and cause it to rise up, and make everyone think gamers are trash again, and more bullshit will happen. Then it's just a case of sitting inside until it dies down again, because fads

>_>

"Anita has valid points"

No she does not

A lot of video game writing is pretty terrible in quality. I however don't think it's problematic or that developers or writers have to cater to anyone. People can just not buy that shit.

I feel the same way when people say she has valid points though. It's like they have no idea what she's saying and what her implications are but they want to sound "neutral" or whatever.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Forum Image: http://b.1339.cf/iaklqrz.jpg
Running out of movie ideas I guess?
never saw this , or heard of it getting talked about , guess ill check out gamergate lel.
Pages Prev12