[Skateboard] FAKKU x Bosshi

Pages 12Next
We've been collaborating with artists around the world on a pretty neat new project, a line of skateboards. These skateboards will all feature original artwork designed specifically for these decks. They are meant to be used both by actual skateboarders and as pieces of art to hang on your wall (which is what I do).

The first design is by Bosshi, the author of: Peachy-Butt Girls, A Body for Play, and Bosshi's XXX Mix.

Buy Bosshi x FAKKU Skateboard

Bosshi600w.png

Original Sketch

For Bosshi's skateboard he had an idea in his head from the start and honestly he knocked it out of the park. He wanted a traditional looking Japanese board with a girl wielding a sword. Here's the initial concept sketch:

bosshi-skateboard-1.jpg

Finished Design

The final design after the sketch was approved, really a beautiful image all by itself. The background is meant to look like traditional Japanese woodwork.

bosshi-skateboard-2.jpg

Bonus

We brought Bosshi to Anime Expo 2015 as a guest of honor, we had these skateboards with us and he signed a bunch for his fans! There were only 20 signed skateboards available and they sold out quick. Fortunately, I was able to abuse my power and get my hands on one.

bosshi-skateboard-signature.jpg

This skateboard was also featured as a mail-in prize for the November 2015 Japanese issue of Comic Kairakuten! Not sure if the readers full understand what the "FAKKU" means though... Japanese versions of our Bosshi shirts were also available as prizes.

bosshi-tweet.jpg

This skateboard will be available in about 8 weeks, we are working on a final version that will have stained wood for the entire board (not just the side with the art). The stain will match the background color behind the girl.
angryaria Pretty Cure All Star
Ever since Anime Expo I've been wondering if anybody could actually stand to really skate on these beautiful boards. Especially that loli one... I'd be so terrified to damage the artwork and hurt the girls :(
boltsandguns Electroshock TheRapist
So hyped for the boards, just gotta sell that pesky extra kidney for money.
this is actually really cool, if i was still a skater i'd be craving this so bad
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Firing up the drum scanner and vinyl printer... nah im too lazy.
Man, we've come such a long way from Hook Ups.

These are genius.
MrSnorlax In need of a budget.
I'm so happy they finally are getting sold, I know I bugged you too many times about it, thank you so much!

Any chance we can request a board to be signed by Fakku! staff?
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Fuck yeah. Keen for more skateboards.

I might end up having a skateboard collection at this rate. Or slap my trucks over onto one of these
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/lID8Y/85b632bcab.jpg
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/lID9O/1819588f7a.jpg
i'm ready.

also, do you know what dimensions these will be in?
8.25 - 8.5 and i'll skate them, anything less will be wall-hangers
paperchazz wrote...
i'm ready.

also, do you know what dimensions these will be in?
8.25 - 8.5 and i'll skate them, anything less will be wall-hangers

8.5! And definitely do skate them and take some pictures for us
Skateboards are wall hangers for me now since I can't find a nice wide one for my size 15EE feet lol
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Ooh, thanks for the full image!
Seeing the source work is pretty cool. I don't know if I'll get one but I have to admit this is awesome stuff.
I was lucky enough to get this skateboard at Anime Expo and have singed by BOSSHI himself along with Peachy-Butt Girls and Bosshi's XXX Mix. For the time being is just on my bookshelf, I'll properly mount it on the soon and it will look sweet.
im a skater and i would just buy a matching set of trucks,wheels and other stuff to put on it and hang it in my room in a glass case and wait for Bosshi to come around and get it signed and be happy for life...goals right now~ >w
so does this come with the full board or just the deck?
Beyond stoked for this. I need to pop into the forums more often. I feel like an idiot asking about this in my email to ya Jacob haha. There isn't good my to be a limit on how many you can is there? I wanna snag two, one for skating and one to hang up.
MrSnorlax In need of a budget.
I saw a box full on his periscope.tv broadcast, so I'm sure they have plenty.
These boards are so freaking exciting and the fact that you've gone full circle all the way in Japan is just mind blowing!
Pages 12Next