[Locked] Discussion: Unlicensed Content Removal

Drifter995 Neko//Night
DJRamer wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
DJRamer wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
DJRamer wrote...
After you remove all of the unlicensed content, will they still show up in our Favorites/Collection? I really don't want to forget the names of all the artists and works I've saved.

You have a export function in your settings but once you do then it gone off your fav list i been told. Just go to your favorites and collection and in the right top side there [color=blue]Export Collection[/color]

Oh yeah I've done that recently, and it exported a json file. I'm not quite familiar with it, but from looking online, I may need to download another software to read it properly.

You should be able to open it up in notepad or word. I see if im right.
Edit: yeah. It just the title with the thumbnail url address and metadata.

I did that too. Looking at it is not pretty, but it gets the job done at least. lol

Chuck the export directly into this, or one similar:
http://www.freeformatter.com/json-formatter.html#ad-output

It should make it a touch more readable then
well it was a good 2 years on fakku looks like i have to find a other site anyone know where they have a lot of vanilla/romance releases?
Drifter995 Neko//Night
rallen wrote...
well it was a good 2 years on fakku looks like i have to find a other site anyone know where they have a lot of vanilla/romance releases?

Here is the best place currently, lel
Well it was a good ride, i wish you well on what you are trying to do and to the site (Fakku) as well and the community too, it was enjoyable to read the comments or lurking on the forums.
I take it at this point that the idea of some way to recover names of faves that got deleted has simply fallen off the edge of the planet.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Venic wrote...
I take it at this point that the idea of some way to recover names of faves that got deleted has simply fallen off the edge of the planet.

No. It in your favorites and collections tab in the right top side. '[color=darkblue]Export collection'[/color]
how do i view the json file in a way that it's not just a bunch of jumbled text?
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Sarutobi0997 wrote...
how do i view the json file in a way that it's not just a bunch of jumbled text?

Notepad/Wordpad/Json reader/ Json reformatter.
Straight from notepad.
Spoiler:
[
{
"title": "Summer Play",
"thumbnail": "https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/s/summer-play-english/thumbs/001.thumb.jpg?f=1442706124",
"api": "https://api.fakku.net/manga/summer-play-english",
"order": 16
},
{
"title": "Captivation Teacher",
"thumbnail": "https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/c/[Mugenkidou_A,_Shunsaku_Tomose]_Original_Work_-_Captivation_Teacher/thumbs/001.thumb.jpg?f=1402695221",
"api": "https://api.fakku.net/manga/captivation-teacher-english",
"order": 0
},
{
"title": "15KAITEN Shiritsu Risshin Gakuen",
"thumbnail": "https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/p/privaterisshinseminary_e/thumbs/001.thumb.jpg?f=1173852000",
"api": "https://api.fakku.net/doujinshi/15kaiten-shiritsu-risshin-gakuen",
},
{
"title": "Another World - Chapter 4",
"thumbnail": "https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/a/anotherworldchapter4_e/thumbs/002.thumb.jpg?f=1278453028",
"api": "https://api.fakku.net/manga/another-world-chapter-4-english",
}
]
I've been a subscriber for only a couple weeks now, and looking at all the content we're getting in exchange for all the unlicensed stuff that was removed... Fakku is at the moment a vanilla pit. I've voiced my grievances on the matter in other topics before, but here seems like the more prudent place.

Removed content has not opened a gateway for the SAME type of legit content. All your futa, all your rape, etc, is not going to be prioritized ever again. What was removed is not being replaced, it is simply evolving into something else. And if you can't fap to happy and/or normal sex anymore... well, at the moment Fakku has removed that which suits you.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
XenotheWise135 wrote...
I've been a subscriber for only a couple weeks now, and looking at all the content we're getting in exchange for all the unlicensed stuff that was removed... Fakku is at the moment a vanilla pit. I've voiced my grievances on the matter in other topics before, but here seems like the more prudent place.

Removed content has not opened a gateway for the SAME type of legit content. All your futa, all your rape, etc, is not going to be prioritized ever again. What was removed is not being replaced, it is simply evolving into something else. And if you can't fap to happy and/or normal sex anymore... well, at the moment Fakku has removed that which suits you.

This has less to do with what Fakku wants to offer and more with what the currently licensed magazines contain. Jacob has already mentioned talking with other publishers, though, so it's not unlikely that we'll get more of what you and many others want in the future as well.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
XenotheWise135 wrote...

I mean, there's a tonne of forced, futa and other ones there. Not a great deal of futa or incest or loli are subscription, but there's tonnes there. As they go, they'll get more offers, which means more varied content. At this stage, there's some decent variation, but it's mostly vanilla orientated, with forced and ntr popping in. Monstergirl is still a bit lacking, but that's to be expected with the current artists/ mags.
It will definitely get a large number again, it's just a matter of when. It relies on fakku removing the unlicensed work, and then showing they are worth it, and hooking in other mags for them. Then possibly getting more staff to translate, etc. From there, more content will roll in, and more variety, as said.
I also wouldn't say any of those were ever prioritised. The site has always been vanilla orientated, but had a number of others. But, since it's pretty much reset the content, it's a lot more obvious how vanilla orientated it is. But, as said above; eventually they'll get more mags with variety
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...

I mean, there's a tonne of forced, futa and other ones there. Not a great deal of futa or incest or loli are subscription, but there's tonnes there. As they go, they'll get more offers, which means more varied content. At this stage, there's some decent variation, but it's mostly vanilla orientated, with forced and ntr popping in. Monstergirl is still a bit lacking, but that's to be expected with the current artists/ mags.
It will definitely get a large number again, it's just a matter of when. It relies on fakku removing the unlicensed work, and then showing they are worth it, and hooking in other mags for them. Then possibly getting more staff to translate, etc. From there, more content will roll in, and more variety, as said.
I also wouldn't say any of those were ever prioritised. The site has always been vanilla orientated, but had a number of others. But, since it's pretty much reset the content, it's a lot more obvious how vanilla orientated it is. But, as said above; eventually they'll get more mags with variety

If you notice, I said "at the moment". I was merely speaking in regards to Fakku in its current state and the immediate consequences of removing unlicensed content and how that affects early adopters of the subscription program.

I'm well aware that Fakku's intended range of Hentai to produce is nowhere near where they want it to be, and that changes which invalidate my statement should hopefully come about eventually.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
XenotheWise135 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...

If you notice, I said "at the moment". I was merely speaking in regards to Fakku in its current state and the immediate consequences of removing unlicensed content and how that affects early adopters of the subscription program.

I'm well aware that Fakku's intended range of Hentai to produce is nowhere near where they want it to be, and that changes which invalidate my statement should hopefully come about eventually.

You did say it'll never be prioritized again, and what you like is not going to be replaced. Then followed up with at the moment. Was commenting on the first part mostly. But yeah, that is fair
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...

You did say it'll never be prioritized again, and what you like is not going to be replaced. Then followed up with at the moment. Was commenting on the first part mostly. But yeah, that is fair

I stand by that it will never be prioritized, but I don't believe it's gone forever.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
XenotheWise135 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
XenotheWise135 wrote...

I stand by that it will never be prioritized, but I don't believe it's gone forever.

As I said, it never was, so it's not a huge deal. Just needs more numbers
animefreak_usa wrote...
Venic wrote...

No. It in your favorites and collections tab in the right top side. '[color=darkblue]Export collection'[/color]

That doesn't do anything for faves that were deleted. It was mentioned much earlier that the export option would be able to retrieve those as well, but that appears not to be the case. It's rather disappointing. That was honestly what I was mainly in need of. It's easy enough to just copy down favorites into Notepad or something before the site goes under, but for things that vanished without warning during the sweeping content removals, there's really no recourse but one's own memory. It would have been a great deal more useful than something that just exports information we already have access to (though if it'll be useable on content deleted in the upcoming final purge, that would be fairly useful).
Well, first time i'm actually writing something on a forum (excuse my poor english at some point, i'm French from French Polynesia).

I'm just gonna say that i fully support what FAKKU is becoming : Legal. People will never agreeing each other no matter what anyway so, Jacob, just do what you think is going to be great or FAKKU and for the Hentaï community as a (w)hole.

Just think about what becoming legal means. It means legitimiy. Legitimity gives you access to Licences. Licences gives you access to content that aren't even available outside Japan and at the SAME TIME and UNCENSORED.

I was quite happy when i knew that FAKKU was going to be legal. That meant that FAKKU was going to be legit. It's like the real thing now.

Of course not everyone can afford everything, almost everyone have bills to pay or other priorities where their money should go first but i don't see where is the big deal. You can find everything on the internet anyway and it's not like the scanlators would stop what they are doing.

If there are people that want to leave then just leave, it's their right. But i don't see why some people that are doing this are making such a fuss just because they feel entitled and talk trash just because they can't have access to what they felt they should have for free, specially when it wasn't even legal in the firsgt place. It's called hypocrisy. That's all.

FAKKU going legal also means that WE can have an impact at a certain degree on the Hentaï industry. Which is great don't you think ?

*EDIT : Well it looks like i have actually already poste something before. So it wasn't my first time...
Well, it was fun while it lasted. I think a lot of people will leave the site (non- subscribers). Time to find another free site ~~
Yeah, even with a bunch of freebie chapters, that's only enough material to last maybe a day or two if you ended up liking each one.
Another upside to removing unlicensed content is that, while removing the manga will result in less variety in the short term, in the long term, it could only increase the variety of stories available.

What I mean is that some publishers might not want to work with a company that legitimately publishes Wani works, but hosts pirated scanlations of other companies' works. With the illegal ones removed, other publishers will be more likely to get on board (I'm amazed that Wani was that forgiving in the first place).

So sure, there'll be less manga on Fakku! for now, but it's not like other sites don't exist (Hitomi.la, Tsumino, etc.). The fact that the artists actually get paid for their work is an awesome bonus. Not having to deal with the annoying censor bars or pixelation is a big bonus.

Will it stop piracy of hentai manga? No. It's not meant to. If someone wants to steal something, DRM won't stop them. The point is to support artists who you believe are worth supporting. That's why Fakku! books are all DRM free. In fact, I wish the manga industry as a whole would start shifting to this model.