Questioning about the LoL hentai

Hey there everyone! I haven't really posted on here before but I still come to read through the forums every now and then and I have to ask something important.

Why is there a LoL hentai doujinshi on the front page for subscription only? I know the site is pretty much run like this now, but it seems strange that you would do this. I thought the whole reason for subscription was so that you could avoid legal action by sending some of the money towards the people that are making these doujins....So why would you have a League of Legends doujinshi here?

I'm pretty sure Riot has gone out of their way to state that they don't want this kind of thing to do with their property, and the fact that people need to pay a membership to be able to even look/read something that they frown upon to begin with will probably lead to legal action.
I don't know what LoL is, but maybe it's a different one than the one your thinking of.
iolita wrote...
I don't know what LoL is, but maybe it's a different one than the one your thinking of.

League of Legends. The doujin in question is Hextech Hijinks by doxy.

OT: I agree, OP. It's a little weird that a doujinshi has been uploaded and is subscription only. I'm sure Riot is not being compensated (as for Riot not wanting hentai made, well, too bad 'cause there's already a lot). This is probably just one of doxy's works and Fakku defaulted to making it subscription. I think Fakku should make it available to all if they are going to keep it on the site.

Edit: I stand corrected apparently.
Forum Image: https://d.maxfile.ro/obnctmobbb.png
623 wrote...
iolita wrote...

OT: I agree, OP. It's a little weird that a doujinshi has been uploaded and is subscription only. I'm sure Riot is not being compensated (as for Riot not wanting hentai made, well, too bad 'cause there's already a lot). This is probably just one of doxy's works and Fakku defaulted to making it subscription. I think Fakku should make it available to all if they are going to keep it on the site.

More you know.
And yeah, was going to say it falls under a parody, so I have a feeling they wouldn't need to send money to riot
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
Drifter995 wrote...
623 wrote...
iolita wrote...

More you know.
And yeah, was going to say it falls under a parody, so I have a feeling they wouldn't need to send money to riot

Would this only be true for U.S. artists or can it apply to parody doujins in general?
Considering Fakku also sells Cure Assort which is a Pretty Cure doujin.
Hanayome wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
623 wrote...
iolita wrote...

More you know.

Would this only be true for U.S. artists or can it apply to parody doujins in general?
Considering Fakku also sells Cure Assort which is a Pretty Cure doujin.

I assume it would apply to all, so they can do more parody works. Just a bit of a pain, as jacob said. Not quite sure why, however
I'm pretty bad at legal stuff but as far as I know, @doxy only needs to request permission from Riot and everything's good. I don't think doxy needs to show proof of this to us though.

http://www.riotgames.com/legal-jibber-jabber
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
I'm pretty bad at legal stuff but as far as I know, @doxy only needs to request permission from Riot and everything's good. I don't think doxy needs to show proof of this to us though.

http://www.riotgames.com/legal-jibber-jabber

They can claim copyright and/or misuse of intellectual property, but no judge will hear the case unless the artist claim that their copyrighted art aka i made LoL or is making a profit over media and slight labor. Even the doujinshi artist made a little at 500-800 yen but 99% is printing costs and table fees.

But it's been 10 years since constitutional law and IP class. My major was law enforcement not law debating.
Thanks on the input, I was a bit worried about it and all. Riot in the past, if rumors are to be believed went after kim mundo for his two LoL doujinshi's in the past. He's resumed now, but for awhile it seemed like Riot was going after them.
Parody law tends to protect artists from legal action.
Seems the doujin was removed
edit: or not... just the notification goes to a page that doesn't exist for some reason.
iolita wrote...
Seems the doujin was removed
edit: or not... just the notification goes to a page that doesn't exist for some reason.

hmm that's interesting. Might be a weird bug. Can you PM me the link the notification gives you?