no secrets

so a few months ago finally told girlfriend i was into hentai, we had been going out for 3 years now. she took it really well saying its normal for a guy to be into it(we both like Anime) Did i get lucky?

I do go a little overboard now and show her a few scenes now that im really comfortable talking about it, hopefully doesn't affect anything

Any of you been lucky to share this with your significant other and they have been perfectly okay with it ?
Depends on the person honestly. I've had both good and not so good experiences with me telling my former partners my love for hentai. The good were cool with it and were either also into it or were positive about it to the point they wanted to know more about it. If they didn't like hentai, they would just appreciate that I liked what I liked even if they didn't like it themselves.

The not so good were not as positive about me liking hentai and made no effort to show their support for my interests (but keep in mind this would go beyond hentai). Worst case scenario they thought I was a bit odd for liking hentai not accepting my interests and being open about it. Hurts when someone thinks you're weird for something you're passionate about, but you have to be honest about these things.

In the end the right person will be okay with the things you enjoy. If they don't you have to move on. For me hentai and anime/games are a big part of my life so I would have to find a partner okay with these things. I don't care if they are into it themselves, but if they don't respect my hobbies like I would there's or give them a chance, then they show a lace of consideration.

I don't reveal my hentai love right away to my partners, I wait till we've established a more stable relationship and I feel they're someone I'd like to commit to for a bit. Back before I did as much with hentai as I do now I would have waited a month to a few months to have brought it up. Since I help Fakku and even have cosplayed as Fakkus mascot (pretty serious hobby for me now lol), I tell my partners within a couple of months if not sooner.

As I said, the right person will accept you for who you are and won't care what you're into. They may even like you more for being different/unique and take an interest in your hobbies if they didn't already. Just don't force your hobby onto someone who isn't as interested as you. They may appreciate what you like, but take things slow. I know my previous guy liked anime, but wasn't as into it as me so we did baby steps to get him more into it.
Misaki_Chi wrote...
Depends on the person honestly. I've had both good and not so good experiences with me telling my former partners my love for hentai. The good were cool with it and were either also into it or were positive about it to the point they wanted to know more about it. If they didn't like hentai, they would just appreciate that I liked what I liked even if they didn't like it themselves.

The not so good were not as positive about me liking hentai and made no effort to show their support for my interests (but keep in mind this would go beyond hentai). Worst case scenario they thought I was a bit odd for liking hentai not accepting my interests and being open about it. Hurts when someone thinks you're weird for something you're passionate about, but you have to be honest about these things.

In the end the right person will be okay with the things you enjoy. If they don't you have to move on. For me hentai and anime/games are a big part of my life so I would have to find a partner okay with these things. I don't care if they are into it themselves, but if they don't respect my hobbies like I would there's or give them a chance, then they show a lace of consideration.

I don't reveal my hentai love right away to my partners, I wait till we've established a more stable relationship and I feel they're someone I'd like to commit to for a bit. Back before I did as much with hentai as I do now I would have waited a month to a few months to have brought it up. Since I help Fakku and even have cosplayed as Fakkus mascot (pretty serious hobby for me now lol), I tell my partners within a couple of months if not sooner.

As I said, the right person will accept you for who you are and won't care what you're into. They may even like you more for being different/unique and take an interest in your hobbies if they didn't already. Just don't force your hobby onto someone who isn't as interested as you. They may appreciate what you like, but take things slow. I know my previous guy liked anime, but wasn't as into it as me so we did baby steps to get him more into it.

Totally agree about not forcing it, she respects it and we share other things together which is enough for me, did wait a few years just to get to know each other much more and know what she was and wasn't comfortable with.

First time also, past relationships I never mentioned my love for Hentai
Tlr_yami wrote...
Totally agree about not forcing it, she respects it and we share other things together which is enough for me, did wait a few years just to get to know each other much more and know what she was and wasn't comfortable with.

First time also, past relationships I never mentioned my love for Hentai

The bold part is spot on, biggest thing is gauging your comfort zone with things. Take things slow with your partner and look out for any red flags if they were to pop up. I know for myself I had an person I took interest in come over to my place one time (was in a college dorm so it wasn't really all that big of a deal at the time, a bit older now so I wouldn't do that initially). When he saw my anime books and various anime related things he dismissed it and thought it was childish/weird. Needless to say that was a big red flag and we didn't see each other after that.

Seems like you two have a good thing going so just take things day by day and work towards being happy with one another. Best wishes to you two :)