So I've been rejected with the following excuse

"You deserve someone better than me"

I don't get it, I ask them out but this is what I get told for a rejection lol.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
That's a kind way of telling "I think you're too ugly for me."

Move on, this time perhaps for someone more honest.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Dashiell wrote...
That's a kind way of telling "I think you're too ugly for me."

Move on, this time perhaps for someone more honest.

Everyone has their reasons for saying that but why you think it's dishonest and means something so negative is a bit absurd.

I've said that to people before and everyone has their reasons to say so, but it usually isn't to be a dick or dishonest.

There may be other reasons this person doesn't like you, but when someone says this they mean you deserve someone who can love you or care for you since I cannot.

Other then that you should be happy that the person isn't trying to be a dick in rejecting you. No one ever gets the fully story as to why they're rejected so you just try to be a better you however you can, don't dwell on the small things and look for someone who will be better for you.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
Everyone knows this excuse and that it's a lie and leaves bitter taste that person you liked can't even honestly talk with you.
It's one of crappiest way to reject someone beside being total asshole.
Simply saying "Sorry, I'm not interested in you" would be enough, simple and honest way that explains enough rather than leaving you wondering what was wrong.
Er, I'm a guy and the last few times I got rejected I've been told this.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Dashiell wrote...
Everyone knows this excuse and that it's a lie and leaves bitter taste that person you liked can't even honestly talk with you.
Simply saying "Sorry, I'm not interested in you" would be enough, simple and honest way that explains enough rather than leaving you wondering what was wrong.

You kinda reek of the kind of person who's had that bitter taste before. Pretty obvious from the cynicism here. Not saying that you're completely wrong, there are assholes out there who would dump this excuse.

That's still insulting to those few who actually use it as a legit excuse to not be in a relationship though.

Back on topic, it's ultimately up to you about what you want to believe. Do you think she gave you an excuse? Or was she serious about it? Either way, try to see some silver linings from it and keep your head raised. The only real permanent rejection is when you stop trying.
artcellrox wrote...
Dashiell wrote...

You kinda reek of the kind of person who's had that bitter taste before. Pretty obvious from the cynicism here. Not saying that you're completely wrong, there are assholes out there who would dump this excuse.

That's still insulting to those few who actually use it as a legit excuse to not be in a relationship though.

Back on topic, it's ultimately up to you about what you want to believe. Do you think she gave you an excuse? Or was she serious about it? Either way, try to see some silver linings from it and keep your head raised. The only real permanent rejection is when you stop trying.
I don't give up but I was wondering if there was more to the rejection wording. Since sometimes there are lies.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Robotix wrote...
I don't give up but I was wondering if there was more to the rejection wording. Since sometimes there are lies.

No one is Cal Lightman. It's hard for us to really detect if someone is lying or not unless we know them inside out. Like I said though, it'll ultimately boil down to what you WANT to believe.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Robotix wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
Dashiell wrote...

I mean I just look at it as what's done is done and to dwell over whether there is more to the story or not doesn't matter. You just take your time to deal with the rejection and move on in the hopes the next time you feel something for someone it'll be better. If you think you need to work on something then work on it.

Dashiell wrote...

I'm not everyone and I understand where you're coming from, but believe me when I say I am pretty honest so if someone doesn't like that sort of thing I will tell them exactly why I reject them. The reason I do say that is I fully believe in the fact that if I cannot love someone or care for them then they deserve someone that can. I believe in the notion there is someone for everyone so to feel that the world is over because I reject them or to be down about it in any sense is pointless. It hurts to be rejected but pick yourself back up and find someone who can be better and accept the love you have to offer.

And when you're rejecting/being rejected I've never had anyone be okay with a simple "I'm not interested". Usually they want something and I have been pretty harshly honest before but why be a dick about the things I selfishly want? I can and have but usually the other person isn't happy no matter what you tell them. Everyone has their reasons to not feel a certain way no matter if they are absurd or understandable. You just accept that person doesn't like you and move on.

Basically there is no good way to be rejected or to reject someone. I've been hurt and I've hurt others because I've been on both ends. It's shit and you just do the best you can and the biggest thing you can do for someone is to encourage them that there is hope. I always wish the best for ppl no matter the circumstances and idc if you think I'm bullshitting my words or not, I am who I am lol.