Subscription Code Updates + Issues

Over the weekend we deployed some new server code that handles subscriptions. Previously the rebilling date listed in your profile wasn't always accurate, the rebill could sometimes occur a few days earlier than we listed it. To make matters worse, the longer you stayed subscribed the less accurate that date would become. So the most dedicated subscribers had the least accurate information!

As of today, that has been fixed. Going forward the rebilling date will be 100% accurate. Rebills will occur on the date specified in your profile and the actual charge will be attempted a few hours before your subscription would otherwise expire. As a bonus this new code allows us to do a lot of things we weren't able to do previously, like give away free subscription time in contests and run free trials (both of which will be coming soon).

However, an unintended consequence of deploying this code over the weekend, was that some users lost access to their subscription for a short time when the code was deployed. As of now those users should all be fixed, and if you were affected by this error we have granted you anywhere from 1 week to 1 month of free subscription time.

If you notice anything wrong with your account or think you were affected by the issue above, feel free to post in this thread, use our contact support form, or send me an email directly at jacob@fakku.net. We'll do our best to get you fixed immediately and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Finally, I wanted to share that I am currently in Japan on business and I have a lot of exciting stuff to announce when I get back! If you live in the United States, I highly recommend coming to this years Anime Expo. It's going to be awesome.
Ultrabenosaurus Devourer of Perversion
[size=18]IT'S WORKING!!!!! PRAISE THE SUN!!![/size]
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
Jacob wrote...

Finally, I wanted to share that I am currently in Japan on business and I have a lot of exciting stuff to announce when I get back!

My excitement level,
Forum Image: https://cdn2.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/gallery/1619018_200x130.png?v=1444926215.39
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
Wish I could go to Expo.
Unfortunately I can only afford to go to Acen.
;w;
Jacob, I appreciate the transparency about the subscription code issue and new codes sound like a great improvement.

I wish I could go to Anime Expo, but I just can't afford to go since I live on the other side of the country. Could you please post the information and/or videos from AX right after the convention ends? It was a pain trying to get the information from last year's con if you couldn't go yourself.
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Finally, I wanted to share that I am currently in Japan on business and I have a lot of exciting stuff to announce when I get back!

My excitement level,
Forum Image: https://cdn2.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/gallery/1619018_200x130.png?v=1444926215.39

ditto
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Hanayome wrote...
Wish I could go to Expo.
Unfortunately I can only afford to go to Acen.
;w;

Just an fyi, we'll have a booth at acen this week.
Ultramarine link from After School Vanilla points to the wrong place.
Great job Fakku! team.
Ajamaharis Gensokyo, BRB
rly good job. no more mails with information about missing payment ^^
God bless Fakku Team
After I read this post I got my plane tickets, reserved my hotel room, and got my convention pass. Hope it's all worth it.
SirDougles Minister of Shitposts
Would love to go to AnimeExpo, but my budget goes to Fanime this year and possibly NDK.
beeEAZY Raep Horse
Jacob wrote...
I highly recommend coming to this years Anime Expo. It's going to be awesome.

See you there again Jacob. I am excited to see and hear what you and the team brought this year.

What kind of coffee do you like so I can give you a cup(or store bought bottle of) the next time I meet you at the FAKKU Booth?
luckydog001 wrote...
After I read this post I got my plane tickets, reserved my hotel room, and got my convention pass. Hope it's all worth it.

Oh man SO MUCH PRESSURE NOW. I'll have to make it good.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
New arist/ mag deal announcement? Fingers crossed that's part of it

But schweet, good to see things are going along well. The trials and free subs should help gain some traffic and get some people interested, definitely a wise move
My issue was a little weird. We had issues last time around and you extended my subscription a week or two, but I just got an email yesterday or the day before saying that my payment method couldn't be charged (which makes sense because I'm out of cash right now), but my sub isn't set to expire until the 21st. Not upset, just confused about what's up.
err... I don't know what happened but the problem is back. Although it was fixed for few hours or a day ?! now once again it's asking me subscribe even though I am already subscribed.
Have had the same glitch fixed and then reappeared a few days later. It's stuck around for about a day and a half now.
Hurray it is working now.Thank you once again for fixing the problem.