2016 Fakku Summer Writing Contest - The Winners.

Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/qYdBh/634e649870.gif

Tits aside, the third Summer Writing Contest has finally come to an end and surprisingly, this time we judges have finished our work rather early.

The Winner: Yanker

Congratulations, Yanker, your entry Unravelled was most mystifying and engaging at the same time, keeping us interested till the very end, after which we could only crave for more. I hope you enjoy the extra month of subscription of Fakku that you've won from this contest.

The Runner-up: xninebreaker

Congratulations, xninebreaker, for being the runner-up of the contest for submitting your entry, Good Blessings. While it was predictable to some extent, it still brought about the most chills, especially at the very end. As a winner, I hope you enjoy the month of subscription on Fakku as well.

Unfortunately, we have no honorable mentions for this contest.

For the rest that have participated, thank you for taking the time to write your entries, and I hope valuable memories and experiences were earned this time as well. For writing-related discussions, feel free to visit the Fakku Writers' Lounge.

The long ride ends here at last, unfortunately. This year the entries were only four, so assuming Fakku will never regain its great popularity of the past, I do not think I will be hosting any more Summer Writing Contests again. This was the final time I wanted to test the waters and as you see, this is the result.

May the rest of this year contain more fun events for all of us in this forum.
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
No honourable mention?! What an insult to Masayoshi!
Yanker I read hentai for plot
Thanks for hosting the contest, I really enjoyed it - and congrats to everyone who entered, even if you didn't win anything it was a good opportunity to test your creative juices.

I do have a suggestion for the veterans here (D, Xenon, Cinia). A contest with actual prizes may not be necessary, because I think most people who frequent this section of the forums simply enjoy writing alongside others and comparing their work. Instead, why not have something like a writing event, similar to Nanowrimo?

For example, every season (or whatever other time period) we can each enter a theme/topic to write about (which will be randomly chosen). At the end of that period we can critique each others work, and if there simply must be a competitive atmosphere we can have a poll or something. That way there is no need for judges, and they can also enter (they seem to frequent the forums the most anyway).
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Thank you to everyone for your participation this summer! I really enjoyed everyone's entries and now that the winners have been announced, I will reveal my comments and corrections to those who request it, in their thread or in private.

Congratulations to Yanker and xninebreaker for winning your subscriptions! You did marvelously.

To Yanker, that is a wonderful idea. It's so wonderful that we've even done it in the past. As I recall, we've had Valentines and Halloween writing events with no prizes before, I even submitted works to them. We didn't do them this past year or so since the users who initiated them became inactive. I might as well do that, but I usually like to reserve myself for winter time. Shame that there won't be another summer contest from Cinia, but I hope those of you will look forward to winter. And actually, since you won this past winter, Yanker, I'm extending to you the right to judge alongside myself and Cinia (the other winner) if you wish. I sponsor the prizes myself and more people usually are active around then anyway. Are you going to be available around December-January? More for January since users have all of December to write, we only judge after the deadline of New Years. I'm also thinking that since the number of participants has gone down, that makes us able to extend the word limit as well. Those of you awaiting winter can look forward to that.
Yanker wrote...

I do have a suggestion for the veterans here (D, Xenon, Cinia). A contest with actual prizes may not be necessary, because I think most people who frequent this section of the forums simply enjoy writing alongside others and comparing their work. Instead, why not have something like a writing event.

Events with no prizes have been done before. I was all for it that time and I am still all for it now.

https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/halloween-2013-writing-event

https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/valentine-writing-event-2014
Yanker I read hentai for plot
Hmm, I see.

Well, I should be free around that time, so it would be my pleasure to judge. Although, I would still like to make an entry if that's alright with everyone - I obviously won't judge my own work and it won't be taken into consideration for the contest, I simply want to write it for the thrill (and the challenge). Much like how leonard writes his parodies even when they're not part of the contest.

And if events like the valentines/Halloween happen again, count me in.
Congrats, winners and good job to all (four of you) who entered. I make the same offer as Xenon. Let me know if you would like to see my notes and how you want them.
Yanker wrote...
Hmm, I see.

Well, I should be free around that time, so it would be my pleasure to judge. Although, I would still like to make an entry if that's alright with everyone - I obviously won't judge my own work and it won't be taken into consideration for the contest, I simply want to write it for the thrill (and the challenge). Much like how leonard writes his parodies even when they're not part of the contest.

And if events like the valentines/Halloween happen again, count me in.

You can create a topic and approach a moderator to have it 'stickied'. I persuaded one of the hosts of events such as these to allow the participants to submit as many entries as they wished. The joy of coming up with stories for me is to have people talk, argue then quarrel about them. My idea of entertainment I admit is rather unconventional. I will try my best to participate in those events.

PS: That said do you have any comment on that parody I wrote?

PPS: Be careful of the refrigerants that are pumped by into the atmosphere by the NWO to cause global cooling. Scientists say that they will cause lung disease and asbestosis in the long run. All the more reason to take daily doses of our snake oil to combat those diseases!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Yanker wrote...
Well, I should be free around that time, so it would be my pleasure to judge. Although, I would still like to make an entry if that's alright with everyone - I obviously won't judge my own work and it won't be taken into consideration for the contest, I simply want to write it for the thrill (and the challenge).

Good to hear! I think with your abilities, you should be able to handle it well.

Also, the judges making "non-entries" has been done before, in our 2013 Winter Writing Contest. They were horridly depressing. It fit in well with the theme. I also believe leonard wrote one last year as well. So, you're more than welcome to do so.
Kek. I did say we judges would write entries and submit them ourselves if we didn't get any entries for this contest, and then judge them ourselves.
leonard267 wrote...
No honourable mention?! What an insult to Masayoshi!

No, that's okay - I expected my work to be the least well-constructed, and it turns out that it was.

That exact 2500 word count is what did me in, and I ended up adding a bunch of details that didn't really do anything to progress the story.

Also, I apparently had the most grammatical errors out of all the qualifying writers.

But that's just based on what Rice and D have told me so far, I'm hoping to look over their notes and notice even more flaws in my work lol

d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Congrats, winners and good job to all (four of you) who entered. I make the same offer as Xenon. Let me know if you would like to see my notes and how you want them.

I would actually like to see both of your notes, I'm sure I can learn quite a bit and improve from them ^_^

Also, rice's notes too, if possible.

If possible, could I receive them by forum PM?

As for Yanker and Xninebreaker - Congratulations!

I actually expected one of you to win 1st place, though I won't say who to be fair to both of you, and the other second, so this result is actually within my expectations lol.

Your work was just that much better than mine that I could already tell who was going to win by measuring how good they were compared to mine.

I think the reason they didn't do honorable mentions is because I'd be honorably mentioned dead last lol.

Leonard's work was great too, and honestly, I was the only one leagues behind in terms of quality, in my humble opinion.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
正義 wrote...
I think the reason they didn't do honorable mentions is because I'd be honorably mentioned dead last lol.

I was in support of having you and leonard be honorable mentions actually, just for the hilarity of having everyone win. That may have been a bit ridiculous though.

I will PM you my comments and corrections shortly.
Xenon wrote...
正義 wrote...

I was in support of having you and leonard be honorable mentions actually, just for the hilarity of having everyone win. That may have been a bit ridiculous though.

I will PM you my comments and corrections shortly.

Thanks ^_^

I didn't expect to be on the honorable mentions lol I'm kind of glad too - I want to be on there when I actually deserve it lol
正義 wrote...

As for Yanker and Xninebreaker - Congratulations!

I actually expected one of you to win 1st place, though I won't say who to be fair to both of you, and the other second, so this result is actually within my expectations lol.

Glad to know I wasn't one of two.

That aside, I would really like to join you in one of those writing events. I can't contribute to your project because I cannot commit to a long term project but I should be able to come up with essays and short stories.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Though the pool of entries was small, I'm glad I got 2nd. I still have a ways to go, and this theme has pried open some flaws for me to notice. Going out of my comfort zone turned out a lot more interesting than expected.

Grats to Yanker! The first place is well deserved. And thanks to the Rise, Xenon, and d for setting up and judging!

Are the judges giving away criticism and revised/corrected drafts? If so I would love to have them.
Congratulations to the winners! You'll be getting three month FAKKU subscriptions on me, and I'll be giving Cinia Pacifica one as well for running another successful writing contest. I'll do my best to get these forums more active, so next time we have more entries!
Jacob wrote...
Congratulations to the winners! You'll be getting three month FAKKU subscriptions on me, and I'll be giving Cinia Pacifica one as well for running another successful writing contest. I'll do my best to get these forums more active, so next time we have more entries!

Thanks. I really wasn't expecting that.

If it looks like more people are popping on the forums, I'll definitely host another contest next summer.
Jacob wrote...

One way to generate publicity must be to publicise this post as widely as possible. Already another attempt at trolling some section of the forum is forming in this user's mind.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Jacob wrote...

Thanks for your support of our section, Jacob. I'll do my best to help you and hype up the winter writing contest so we can have a bit more activity all around.

Enjoy the subscriptions, winners + Cinia!