[Locked] Girl in Uniform remains sitting in uniform

Pages Prev123
Sgt.broski Where's the futa Jacob
Welp, looks like solo play in competitive again ...
Too bad she's not going to federal prison.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
Waar wrote...
Takerial wrote...
stuff.

My post found the law, the one that exists with no punishment remember? Shes being punished for breaking a regulation, not a law(which again, does exist but has no punishment) as you mentioned. So the "debate" part was over a while ago, she wasn't ordered to stand, shes not being brought up on criminal charges, shes not less patriotic than you are, like I said we're done.

As far as the Canadian military goes; someone would not face dishonorable discharge for not standing during the national anthem, that's all I'm saying.

It's not like her constitutional right to protest was denied her. What was denied her was the right to make statements in the military's name. What was denied her was the right to renege on her pledge to protect the country and constitution.

This bit, can you clarify? Was she at a press conference or speaking on behalf of the United States Army Forces? As far as I can tell she was with other servicemen and decided not to stand. I mean, it looks to me like a protest to an outside like me. She didn't refuse to fight or lay down her life to protect your constitution, she just didn't stand for a song.

Anyways, I answered my own question like 6 posts ago so we should be done with that, yes?

Cruz wrote...
There's having different ideas & beliefs, and there's being plain illogical.

Our differences fall into you being illogical and lacking common sense. Your military's system also has it's own policy regarding conduct & compliance. Every modern military does. Because it's common sense.

>Trump

Literally has nothing to do with this.

My posts up to now have been logical for someone not in the military and sees a person being punished for sitting down when everyone else was standing. What part of that lacks common sense, not to assume her right to protest was suspended while wearing the uniform? That's what this is right? Shes being held to a "higher standard" which does not afford her one of her rights as an american citizen.

Insulting someone you don't agree with... he has something to do with this.

Are you seriously just not reading things?

The Uniform Code of Military Justice, IS A SET OF LAWS.

Article 92 of the UCMJ, IS A LAW.

By not following the regulation as per Article 92 of the UCMJ, she broke, A LAW.

The law you posted, the one you seem to think matters doesn't at all in this circumstance. All that law does is authorizes retired vets and service members to salute the flag in their civies.

She is not likely to actually get a dishonorable discharge. What she is most likely facing, is an other than honorable discharge if the decide to discharge her. They might not even discharge her over it. They might punish her in another manner. It's hard to say until they actually punish her.

You also do not seem to understand.

When you are wearing the military uniform, YOU ARE CONSIDERED A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MILITARY. End of story. If you are in civies it's one thing. But when you have the uniform on you are expected to damn well keep your military bearing and act like a representative of the military. It doesn't matter if you are on some sort of official duty or not. If you don't understand the logic behind this maybe this will help you.

If you go to a store. Let's say it's your favorite grocery store cleverly named Groceries. In it, there's a guy who fucks up by putting milk on top of your eggs. Let's call this guy Steve.

Now imagine if you will, that you are rightfully upset and decide to complain to your friends about this. Do you say "Man, that steve guy fucked up my eggs."

Absolutely not. You go "Fuck man, Groceries is a fucked up place. They put milk on top of my eggs." Just like Steve is a representative of Groceries in your mind, so would she, in her uniform, be considered a representative of the Navy.

She was in said uniform when she did this protest.

I never said she was going to face a dishonorable discharge. Again, she might not even face a direct discharge as punishment over this. And I don't know enough about the Canadian Military to really say how severe of a punishment they would give, I imagine it would be comparable honestly.

But she did lose her security clearance. She was intel so she most likely had a Top Secret. She will not get this back and will find it impossible to do her current job in the Navy. Even if she isn't discharged, she will be barred from continuing her service. She will not get the option to reenlist. (She's an E5 which means she is a relatively new non-commissioned officer.) She could potentially lose her rank and be busted down to E4 or below for this meaning reduced pay and she would hit her RCP. So she wouldn't even have to be separated by the military directly, she would be indirectly separated due to RCP.

Because of the UCMJ, she wouldn't receive an Honorable Discharge. She could at best receive a General Discharge. Which doesn't sound too bad until you consider a couple of things.

Intel is strongly tied to the government. By losing her Security Clearance, she in ineligible to hold any position like that.

Which means that her last 8 years will amount to no experience in a job was she gets out.

Which again, leads me back to my original post.

It was a highly stupid thing for her to do on a point that isn't worth it to make and it was something she damn well knew she was doing when she did.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Waar wrote...

Cruz wrote...
There's having different ideas & beliefs, and there's being plain illogical.

Our differences fall into you being illogical and lacking common sense. Your military's system also has it's own policy regarding conduct & compliance. Every modern military does. Because it's common sense.

>Trump

Literally has nothing to do with this.

My posts up to now have been logical for someone not in the military and sees a person being punished for sitting down when everyone else was standing. What part of that lacks common sense, not to assume her right to protest was suspended while wearing the uniform? That's what this is right? Shes being held to a "higher standard" which does not afford her one of her rights as an american citizen.

Insulting someone you don't agree with... he has something to do with this.

>you're trump because you called me dumb for my biases getting in the way of sound logic

Not to compliment you, but you do it all the time to idiots.

Well did.
CronaBaka Mellow Yellow
Renovartio wrote...
Too bad she's not going to federal prison.

Well, this isn't Best Korea. :P
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Takerial wrote...
stuff

So, not reading all of that. I probably wasn't clear last time, I'm going to try and be crystal here: I already answered my own question, stop talking.

edit: Tak I might not care anymore due to this being a few days ago, stuff kept me away from Fakku. Lets try this again some time.

Cruz wrote...
>you're trump because you called me dumb for my biases getting in the way of sound logic

Well did.

Now you come to my point, those people aren't real people; they're idiots. So are you holding me on the same level as whatever the fuck koko and illumia was or did you perhaps go too far while trying have a conversation with someone above that level.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Waar wrote...
So are you holding me on the same level as whatever the fuck koko and illumia was or did you perhaps go too far while trying have a conversation with someone above that level.

If I am or did hold you to those "standards" in the past it doesn't matter because you aren't above them if you resort to "UH YOU'RE LIK DIS BAD PERSON BECAUSE UR MEAN :'(". And it's not like this behavior is new for you, so what do you think, buttercup?
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
Waar wrote...
Takerial wrote...
stuff

So, not reading all of that. I probably wasn't clear last time, I'm going to try and be crystal here: I already answered my own question, stop talking.

edit: Tak I might not care anymore due to this being a few days ago, stuff kept me away from Fakku. Lets try this again some time.

Cruz wrote...

Well did.

Now you come to my point, those people aren't real people; they're idiots. So are you holding me on the same level as whatever the fuck koko and illumia was or did you perhaps go too far while trying have a conversation with someone above that level.

You answered your own question wrongly, and you refuse to actually listen to someone who knows more about what you're trying to argue about.

I wouldn't expect anything more from you Waar.
CronaBaka Mellow Yellow
I don't expect anything more from anyone. Certainly not the Spanish Inquisition.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Takerial wrote...
You answered your own question wrongly, and you refuse to actually listen to someone who knows more about what you're trying to argue about.

I'm not trying to argue anymore, I can't be more clear about this. I was done after my second post. Why do you feel the need to correct me to this extent, a random person on the internet? Seems personal, like you're holding a grudge for me shitting on you in the past.

Cruz wrote...
If I am or did hold you to those "standards" in the past it doesn't matter because you aren't above them if you resort to "UH YOU'RE LIK DIS BAD PERSON BECAUSE UR MEAN :'(". And it's not like this behavior is new for you, so what do you think, buttercup?

Its more like, "wow, I made a logical argument and hes resorting to name calling, I thought cruz had more respect for me than that."

Guess not, I'll have to remember that.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Waar wrote...
Takerial wrote...

I'm not trying to argue anymore, I can't be more clear about this. I was done after my second post. Why do you feel the need to correct me to this extent, a random person on the internet? Seems personal, like you're holding a grudge for me shitting on you in the past.

Cruz wrote...

Its more like, "wow, I made a logical argument and hes resorting to name calling, I thought cruz had more respect for me than that."

Guess not, I'll have to remember that.

"I made a logical argument".

No you didn't. That's the reason you were called an idiot. It's because you had no reasoning other than "well I'm not from your Country/Not in the military/Don't personally agree with it".(and yes, you did shift through all 3 when talking to different people)

You're trying to make yourself a victim of "lol internet srs business". Heh.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Cruz wrote...

No you didn't. That's the reason you were called an idiot. It's because you had no reasoning other than "well I'm not from your Country/Not in the military/Don't personally agree with it".(and yes, you did shift through all 3 when talking to different people)

Someone is being punished for refusing to stand, I still hold that it's logical to assume they wont be. You're telling me they have a different set of standards/some parts of the constitution dont apply to them because they're in the military(mostly tak) and i'm telling you that's not how it works here. That logic is sound. I'm not a victim, I just assumed there was mutual respect where there was none, it's not your fault and I will accept responsibility and remember for the next time.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Waar wrote...
Cruz wrote...

Someone is being punished for refusing to stand, I still hold that it's logical to assume they wont be. You're telling me they have a different set of standards/some parts of the constitution dont apply to them because they're in the military(mostly tak) and i'm telling you that's not how it works here. That logic is sound. I'm not a victim, I just assumed there was mutual respect where there was none, it's not your fault and I will accept responsibility and remember for the next time.

>that's not how it works here

As tak has already pointed out, assuming that a person serving their country is granted the same rights as civilians is counter intuitive, especially when you're representing your branch and country. That's how it works everywhere.

There was no mutual respect not because you made a bad assumption, it's because you got defensive and then cried Trump.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Cruz wrote...
>that's not how it works here

As tak has already pointed out, assuming that a person serving their country is granted the same rights as civilians is counter intuitive, especially when you're representing your branch and country. That's how it works everywhere.

There was no mutual respect not because you made a bad assumption, it's because you got defensive and then cried Trump.

Idk what to tell you, people dont get dishonorably discharged/punished for refusing to stand during our national anthem(asked my brother[member of the RCN] before I said it originally) so unless Canada is not longer part of "everywhere"...

I mean, I'm not wrong; it is still trump like behavior, that part still stands. If you'd like to consider me a hypocrite for doing he same to people I don't respect by all means, as you've shown me I have no reason to really care what you think at this point.

edit: idk why i'm even bringing this up tbh, Ive stopped arguing so theres no point in replying.
Pages Prev123