Nintendo Switch

Pages 1234Next
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind

Well, most of the rumors about the NX came true. One of the features being its a console/handheld hybrid. I'm not sure what to think of this machine, it could be revolutionary, but like StonefoxMedia pointed out, it probably won't attract the hardcore gamers.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
I'm just glad the rumors of it having no physical media were clearly not true. Looking forward to it in this case.
All I want to play is Bayonetta 2, I skipped Wii U on purpose despite it being on there because they were coming out with this system. Bayonetta on the go sounds very tempting. No backwards compatability = no buy.
I don't like it. Small controllers are weird. I guess I could still play on a tv with a controller.Seems awkward as a mobile device and not as useful as a purely home console.
623 FAKKU QA
I'm sure many people are glad that it isn't using any motion controls this time around and just seems to be a normal controller. Honestly I'm all for this since at least Nintendo is trying to change the game industry as opposed to just keeping it on the stale path it's headed. Only worry, as always, is keeping third party support.
Looks like the switch won't be backwards compatible. I might still get it if they come out with a Bayonetta 3 with a remastered edition of Bayonetta 2.
Kaimax Best Master-San
FinalBoss wrote...
Looks like the switch won't be backwards compatible.

It was pretty obvious, as the console is the screen, not the dock. There's no way they would include a Disc drive in it and make it even bulkier.
623 wrote...
Only worry, as always, is keeping third party support.

They do have quite a nice line-up of publishers listed as far as I have seen, but then again, so did the Wii U at first. Let's hope for the best for this one, then.

Kaimax wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

It was pretty obvious, as the console is the screen, not the dock. There's no way they would include a Disc drive in it and make it even bulkier.

I guess they could add one as an optional add-on, but that still seems mostly wishful thinking for now. Never actually got around to buying the Wii U myself, though, so it would definitely be nice to have the ability to get some of its nicer games on the Switch and not miss out on them.

In any case, we're still months away from launch, so there's not much else to do but to wait for more information.
Kaimax Best Master-San
luinthoron wrote...
I guess they could add one as an optional add-on, but that still seems mostly wishful thinking for now. Never actually got around to buying the Wii U myself, though, so it would definitely be nice to have the ability to get some of its nicer games on the Switch and not miss out on them.

First and foremost before making it available in any form, they need to port it to remove the wii u gamepad fucntionality from the games.
Or HECK, make the Wii U gamepad the one that's actually "backwards compatible",
So they don't need to remake the game system, they can just sell the game pads separately and make it an exclusive way to play Wii U games.
Then people will only need to buy them via Eshop. lol
I don't even know how I feel about it to be honest.
Kaimax wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

I thought they'd allow it via emulation and digital download. Isn't that what they did for the Wii U?
623 FAKKU QA
FinalBoss wrote...
Kaimax wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

I thought they'd allow it via emulation and digital download. Isn't that what they did for the Wii U?

The Wii U could read Wii discs and also had the E-shop for older games. It's perhaps possible that the Switch will be backwards compatible digitally with Wii U if the tablet thing has a touch screen, which they haven't revealed yet, and most likely it will also have an E-shop.
Kaimax Best Master-San
623 wrote...
It's perhaps possible that the Switch will be backwards compatible digitally with Wii U if the tablet thing has a touch screen, which they haven't revealed yet, and most likely it will also have an E-shop.

You're forgetting the fact that the Switch doesn't have asymmetric play/separate screen like the Wii U Game Pad, which is my main argument why they need to remake it for backwards compatibility ports.

If the Switch is taken out of its dock, it won't display anything on the TV. At least that was how it was shown.
623 FAKKU QA
Kaimax wrote...
623 wrote...
It's perhaps possible that the Switch will be backwards compatible digitally with Wii U if the tablet thing has a touch screen, which they haven't revealed yet, and most likely it will also have an E-shop.

You're forgetting the fact that the Switch doesn't have asymmetric play/separate screen like the Wii U Game Pad, which is my main argument why they need to remake it for backwards compatibility ports.

If the Switch is taken out of its dock, it won't display anything on the TV. At least that was how it was shown.

Ohh right. Forgot that it doesn't display on both.
Kaimax wrote...
Then people will only need to buy them via Eshop. lol

No physical media, no sale.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
The idea is a very good idea for Nintendo. The portable game market was always one of their biggest markets.

If they can execute it as well as the video shows, it should do very well.

Key notes to look for I think.

1. How well do games handle between the transition. I don't think it'll be too bad for Nintendo. Their games were always on the lower side of graphics and portable machines should be handle even their most resources consuming console game at this point.

2. How well do the controllers work? This is probably the part that concerns me the most. It's great that it seems it will be able to use regular controllers for it, but you don't want to necessarily carry around those for the portable part. So how well do those attachable controllers work, especially if you're using them for two players on one machine aspect.

3. How is the battery on it? Pretty important for the portable aspect. If it's comparable then it's fine. If it's too lacking it'll be hard to hook the portable market over just using the DS.

4. How will it work with Wii games, DS games?
The fact they are going back to cartridges with this has me interested.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
I'll probably pick this thing at launch. Did for the Wii U and don't regret it.

Things I'm curious about are:

What's the battery life?

We know it has a custom Tegra Pascal chip, so how strong is it relative to the xbone/ps4/ps4 Neo/Scorpio?
(we know the t1 chip could run Crysis 3 decently on the edge tablets)

Will the dock be important for faster/smoother gameplay?

Will the dock have usb slots?

What other controller options exist besides the ConJoy controllers? Can we use previous controllers?

How much memory is this thing being sold with? Will adding expanded memory be as easy as it was for the wii u?

How's the account system going to work?

If it's not backwards compatible for PHYSICAL media, will it have your digital purchases available to use day 1?

Will the screen be a touch screen? Multi-touch?

These are just a few things I thought after seeing the trailer, and we won't get much till next year. We'll probably hear from developers announcing their games but that's about it. The console looks good, and I don't understand the mindset of "IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO THE HARDCORE" because people said the same thing about the 3ds, despite it's diverse game line up and the sheer amount of units sold.

Hopefully we this being a hybrid we won't see nintendo development split between making games for 2 systems so we'll see more down the pipeline very quickly.
Cruz wrote...
I'll probably pick this thing at launch. Did for the Wii U and don't regret it.

Things I'm curious about are:

What's the battery life?

We know it has a custom Tegra Pascal chip, so how strong is it relative to the xbone/ps4/ps4 Neo/Scorpio?
(we know the t1 chip could run Crysis 3 decently on the edge tablets)

Will the dock be important for faster/smoother gameplay?

Will the dock have usb slots?

What other controller options exist besides the ConJoy controllers? Can we use previous controllers?

How much memory is this thing being sold with? Will adding expanded memory be as easy as it was for the wii u?

How's the account system going to work?

If it's not backwards compatible for PHYSICAL media, will it have your digital purchases available to use day 1?

Will the screen be a touch screen? Multi-touch?

These are just a few things I thought after seeing the trailer, and we won't get much till next year. We'll probably hear from developers announcing their games but that's about it. The console looks good, and I don't understand the mindset of "IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO THE HARDCORE" because people said the same thing about the 3ds, despite it's diverse game line up and the sheer amount of units sold.

Hopefully we this being a hybrid we won't see nintendo development split between making games for 2 systems so we'll see more down the pipeline very quickly.

I think I can answer a coupe of those.

They said something about 3 hour battery or something.
The dock is just a charge station and a tv connection. It doesn't improve gameplay.
There's a pro controller, don't think you'll be able to use old ones.
The screen is multi-touch.
I think it seems pretty cool actually. I have always been a fan of couch-play games and the portability aspect is great as well. I'm not one of those people who goes and plays their DS out in public all the time, but I like being able to move around whereever I am and go hang out with friends to play games locally. I may not want the Switch at launch, but if it gets dem good games I reckon I will hop on it. Seems like there will be a new Splatoon, Zelda and Dragon Quest at least. Seems exciting, unlike the WiiU
Pages 1234Next