Free to read options

Hey all,

I love Fakku's selection of reading material, but I haven't been able to use the site in months because I just don't have the extra income to afford a subscription. I'd love to have an option where you can see all the free material, as I know there is some scattered about. I looked around and couldn't personally find anywhere to filter out the free material, but I know there's some around somewhere. Anyway, it'd be nice if something like this could be implemented so I didn't always have to go to [edited] and wait like several days for an update (often times with content I don't care about). Also, if anyone can give me some options to check out that are free, I'd love to check them out. Thank you!
YQII FAKKU Translator
Free content is currently listed under the Free tag. As for free options, if you're talking about other sites, those are almost always based on piracy, which means we can't allow them being referred to on our forums (which is why I edited your post). If it's a legit site with a free section, people may recommend it, but those are rare.
I see, well I appreciate you letting me know there was a tag :) still might be cool to have a section that's easy to see like at the top, though, to get more people to check out the site. And I didn't think that site had violated any piracy laws, they also have a subscription service and actually took the Doujins domain and all as part of their main name.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
LilithSamara wrote...
I see, well I appreciate you letting me know there was a tag :) still might be cool to have a section that's easy to see like at the top, though, to get more people to check out the site. And I didn't think that site had violated any piracy laws, they also have a subscription service and actually took the Doujins domain and all as part of their main name.

They have subscription to profit from other's works while not paying a dime themselves while also stealing fan translations and scanlations, just pure scum that robs artists, publishers and it's users.
Shiroyama Homonculus' Groupie
Dashiell, you've made your point on other threads. Please stop. It's getting boring.
Shiroyama wrote...
Dashiell, you've made your point on other threads. Please stop. It's getting boring.

Obviously some people still don't know and it's better that they find out rather than not.
Shiroyama wrote...

Sure, I will leave people to pay for torrented content because admins were awesome and hosted it in easy to read online way so they deserve that money!
Dashiell wrote...
Shiroyama wrote...

Sure, I will leave people to pay for torrented content because admins were awesome and hosted it in easy to read online way so they deserve that money!

Can I ask how you know for a fact this is the case? If someone else said the same about Fakku, I'm sure you'd want some proof and be outraged if they were just saying things for the sake of saying them. I'm sure that Fakku isn't the only site that pays the authors of the content they provide.
LilithSamara wrote...
Can I ask how you know for a fact this is the case? If someone else said the same about Fakku, I'm sure you'd want some proof and be outraged if they were just saying things for the sake of saying them. I'm sure that Fakku isn't the only site that pays the authors of the content they provide.

Money is a sensitive issue in any licensing deal... Just about nobody will tell you how revenue gets divided for these things. FAKKU themselves will not reveal how much money goes back to the creators, however we can infer that business is going quite smoothly from various collaborations and signs of good faith from the creators directly (e.g. FAKKU x Toshio Maeda, artist panels at conventions, and FAKKU original illustrations).

The most "proof" we can offer is that [edited] hosts content that is the work of other scanlators (reportedly behind their paywall too, which I'm unable to confirm). This makes little to no sense if you think about it. Scanlated work is strictly forbidden by artists and publishers. If you look carefully the ones on their site are identical to previously scanlated work. Why would the creators allow these to be recirculated? FAKKU is allowed to do business with publishers because they work hard to produce fresh localizations at high standards. Perhaps you might even be able to get a scanlator to tell you directly that [edited] uses their work without permission and without compensation. Actually several @YQII translations are up on their site. But otherwise, no you probably won't be able to find other proof. Of course it would be much easier if you could get the truth from the creators directly but that's pretty difficult.
YQII FAKKU Translator
Any site working with the industry would want to make it known that they support the content creators. Piracy sites never claim that they do, because they don't.

I always thought the most telling proof that we have a direct relation with content creators is that we don't have to resort to scans but get to work on and release uncensored source files. The only people in the world who have access to these files are the artists themselves and their publisher, meaning the only way to get a hold of those files is to contact them directly. Naturally, the artists wouldn't simply give us their files if they themselves didn't get any compensation for it.

And again, please don't mention piracy sites by name. This is purely for policy reasons (can't allow something that could be interpret as promoting illegal actions), and while most sites would ban users for even discussion piracy on their platform, we only ask you avoid mentioning them.
LilithSamara wrote...

As Chris and YQII already said it's quite easy to spot.

Content quality, legitimate sites are using files provided by publisher and artists so their releases are always clean and high quality instead of 100kb cringe jpg.

Lack of censorship, it's only Japanese law that forces editors to slap censorship before release, while www.projecthentai.com happened to release censored books in the past they're now also providing uncensored books, notice that uncensored works on the internet are usually poor photoshop work.

Plans, announcements, events etc. Legitimate publishers will get news works, deals, cooperations and other stuff announced to brag and give their users something to look forward, pirate sites do none of that because they have nothing of it.

Artists have mouth or in digital era, keyboards
https://twitter.com/wanimagadigital/following - Biggest Japanese hentai publisher wouldn't be following pirate sites yeah?
https://twitter.com/f4u_jp/status/798474673486897153
https://twitter.com/Tentacle_Master/status/745567928112685057
https://twitter.com/_saitom_/status/750477563420520448
https://twitter.com/odanondesu/status/796994304992415744
https://twitter.com/sugaishi/status/783527737990447105
https://twitter.com/yumenodragon/status/591671565458083840
Ok this is getting boring and Firefox starts to compete with Chrome in RAM eating on images.

Lastly, Fakku doesn't edit out other legitimate publishers from posts, you can see that asking for other legitimate sources of hentai is quite popular topic on forum.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
There was talks of free content being circulated around as a kinda trial thingo, so people could get a taster of the content, but not sure if that's still in the plans, or if it is overly viable. Would be a decent way to go though I feel