FAKKU 10 Year Anniversary

Pages Prev123
So you're saving new customers... roughly $2.50? Lets put this into perspective... $12.95 a month is $155 dollars a year; that's $55 dollars more than Amazon prime. You're doing new customers a huge favor by reducing the yearly amount they spend from $155 dollars to $152. I'm a "new customer" and I'm not convinced with this bogus deal. Just my 2 cents.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Chima wrote...
So you're saving new customers... roughly $2.50? Lets put this into perspective... $12.95 a month is $155 dollars a year; that's $55 dollars more than Amazon prime. You're doing new customers a huge favor by reducing the yearly amount they spend from $155 dollars to $152. I'm a "new customer" and I'm not convinced with this bogus deal. Just my 2 cents.

Hm. You're entitled to your opinion.

I'll note calling yourself a "new customer" when you have one post to your name and no purchases to your name here at FAKKU seems a bit disingenuous. Potential customer, maybe.

Let's see... X-Eros #50 is... 1,080 yen, but that's a double issue. I'll peg a regular issue at 540 yen. 450 for the Latest comic K and S... 480 for Beast... that's roughly 1920 yen a month for the Wani we get.

Okay, so in American dollars... that's 16.32? I think I have that right. Excluding import costs, and let's pretend I can read Japanese.

Now, admittedly, I might be using prices for print editions... but even then, I'm also paying for translation and production...

I am paying less than a Japanese person would for the same content.

Throwing in a conversion to my own native Canadian currency for kicks, I'd pay 22.16 CAD.

My sub costs me 17.98 or so Canadian. Still less than a Japanese citizen for the same content.

And that's without the new sub price cut. And not including the value I find in the book releases I've bought.

As I said... your opinion.
YQII FAKKU Translator
Just to add some quick adjustments, the typical price for X-Eros is actually 798 yen, and it's 400 for Kairakuten. Roughly speaking, the magazines had a combined value of just over 14 USD before the addition of BEAST, and with all four magazines it's now $18. The end-of-the-year specials bump it up almost $3 this month though.

As for print vs digital, they're priced at pretty much the same in Japan. I've seen some slight variations depending on which site you use (I've come across the various Rakuten magazines and older X-Eros issues all listed at around 550 yen.), but generally speaking, they mostly stick to the the standard 400, 450, 480, 798 yen.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
YQII wrote...
Just to add some quick adjustments, the typical price for X-Eros is actually 798 yen, and it's 400 for Kairakuten. Roughly speaking, the magazines had a combined value of just over 14 USD before the addition of BEAST, and with all four magazines it's now $18. The end-of-the-year specials bump it up almost $3 this month though.

As for print vs digital, they're priced at pretty much the same in Japan. I've seen some slight variations depending on which site you use (I've come across the various Rakuten magazines and older X-Eros issues all listed at around 550 yen.), but generally speaking, they mostly stick to the the standard 400, 450, 480, 798 yen.

Thanks, YQII. So for the record and transparency's sake, our prices are (correct me if I mix our magazines up):
400 y Kairakuten
450 y Shitsurakuten
480 y Beast
798 y X-Eros for
2128 y total. That is indeed 18.09 USD total, or 24.55 CAD.

That means you're saving 5.14 American over buying untranslated, censored from WANI direct-- even as a digital download. As a Canadian, I am saving 6.57 CAD.

(shrugs) Mileage varies, but I'm not feeling cheated.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Beast has been pretty good so far.
Happy tenth birthday, Fakku!
Pages Prev123