Fakku Valentines Contest 2017

Pages 12Next
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/TLeKAfW.jpg

Hello! Welcome to the Fakku Valentines Contest 2017. This is a contest taking place this year thanks to the prizes provided by the Fakku staff, and I hope the residents of the writing community would reignite their writing passion once more to have a friendly competition.

Rules:

1. The word limit is 2500, please make sure not to cross this limit for your entry, for the extras will be disregarded.

2. The theme for this contest is Romance. The piece need not specifically cater to theme of Valentine.

3. Any kind of creative writing will be accepted, thus stories and poetry are both welcome.

4. Please be informed that it must be your own original work. If the work is found to be plagiarised, it will not be counted as an entry. I will be examining your work very closely.

5. A link to your entry submission must be posted in this thread for your participation in the contest to be acceptable.

6. While comments are allowed in this topic, please keep the posts here relevant.

7. Please note that I will not support anyone having someone else edit, fix or improve grammatical errors, or anything in their entry. So, do not do that. Your entry should be your own work.

8. Please include the following tag [Valentines Contest Entry 2017] at the front of the thread title of your entry.

9. Each contestant is allowed to submit a maximum of ONE entry.

Deadline:

The deadline for entries is 00:00 of the 15th of February, 2017 (EST, GMT-5). Entries after this specific time will be disregarded.

Judging:

In this contest, I will be the only judge. I will choose a favorite based on my judging, explain the reasoning behind it, and declare the two winners.

The Prizes:

The winner will be able to choose 2 Fakku digital books of his choice, and the runner-up will be able to choose 1 book of his choice.

Additionally, the winners shall earn the respect and praise of the writers of the Writing and Fanfiction sub-forum’s community.

There will also be a public poll on the selection of top picks after the deadline so that everyone gets their say. The winner of the public opinion on Fakku will receive the Reader's award. This winner will win a month of Fakku subscription service.

So, get your ideas out and give it a shot. Believe in your own potential and aim for the top.

…And yes, I got lazy with the picture. Really lazy.
While you are to keep your posts relevant to the topic here, you are obviously free to post your questions here, if you have any. In the event that you may feel humiliated or overwhelmed by the public presence, then please feel free to send me a PM.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who rarely writes and just reads; writers enjoy comments and feedback from almost anyone.

F.A.Q.s

--How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in Writing and Fanfiction. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else, I will NOT count it.

--Can I submit Multiple Entries?

For every user, there will be a limit of ONE (1) entry. I have to read every entry. In order to avoid potential eye strain, please limit your entries to one piece please.

--Does it absolutely have to be under 2500 words?

Yes. If people could make do with 1000 words in the first writing contest, then why not 2500 words?

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, you may edit your entry up until the deadline—00:00 of the 15th of February, 2017 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure you can. However, you need to let me know that you did, lest you wish your entry to be considered a plagiarised work. Just leave a footnote regarding it at the bottom of the post that contains your entry in the thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual content in my entry?

This is purely your choice. I don’t mind if sexual content is present. I don't encourage or discourage it.

List of participants:

If your entry is not on this list, then that means one (or more) of the following:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules: under 2500 words and include any of the themes.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- The list is yet to be updated.

Please have some patience with me.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
I was getting fired up to enter this one. I was.

Then I read this.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

7. Please note that I will not support anyone having someone else edit, fix or improve grammatical errors, or anything in their entry. So, do not do that. Your entry should be your own work.

Oh, boy.

I'm dyslexic. I usually count on at least one editor's pass to catch the horrid typos that slip by me no matter how hard I try.

I understand why this is here, to a point. You want this from our gut. This is not me whining I can't enter now. I'm still going to.

More a warning. I'll do my best, and hope that I don't miss something that makes a romantic scene laughable.
Promise of The Two

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Wish me luck, as well!
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Good luck to everyone who enters and thanks for hosting this contest Cinia Pacifica!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Best of luck to all the authors planning an entry. Romance is a wonderful theme, and always plentiful for producing content.
Yanker I read hentai for plot
This is gunna be hard as a guy who's had no romantic experience whatsoever... guess I'll have to pretend anime is real life
I was not expecting this. I will NOT wait until the end of the month to write this time.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Best of luck to everyone! I'll be trying again, this time maybe less errors.
And here we go. I participated this time.

Here.

Would love to hear feedback from you all, and best of luck to the rest.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
My Entry:
acting and knowing
I entered this battle royal here's mine: Ubiquitous
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
I am suppressing the urge to add a "sic" behind "Valentines" in my title. Here is my Valentine's event entry.

Brave New World : An Appendix (May Contain Romance)
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/valentines-contest-entry-2017-the-fragrance-of-dark-coffe-127667#4668710

I did a writing
I posted a poem, which I would like to submit for the contest.

Poem for my love
With the passing of the Valentines day, we've finally reached the deadline for the contest. No more entries will be accepted. Poll will be up soon. I'll try to announce the winner around the time the poll's winner is decided by the community.

Thank you, everyone, for participating the Fakku Valentines Contest this year.
Pages 12Next