an interview with Jacob.

animefreak_usa Child of Samael
The easy to pirate drm free part made me chuckle.
D’Anastasio: What’s next for Fakku?

Grady: We’re working with a publisher in Japan to create a service like Fakku in Japan where Japanese people can pay a monthly fee and read manga. It doesn’t exist.

Is that Komiflo?
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Fudgehog wrote...
D’Anastasio: What’s next for Fakku?

Grady: We’re working with a publisher in Japan to create a service like Fakku in Japan where Japanese people can pay a monthly fee and read manga. It doesn’t exist.

Is that Komiflo?

Legalities being what they are, I wouldn't be surprised if Jake can't say yet.
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
Oh it's always fun reading/listening to the retelling. Seem to learn something new each time :p I wasn't expecting the Japanese service... that's pretty awesome as well!
Fakku books on your local bookstore shelves?
Or for those who don't wanna click.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://my.mixtape.moe/ilwctg.png
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
animefreak_usa wrote...
Fakku books on your local bookstore shelves?
Or for those who don't wanna click.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://my.mixtape.moe/ilwctg.png

20 book releases for 2017? Let's hope this actually happens...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

It does seem unlikely since it would require 18 more books in 9 months, or 2 books per month.
It's an "approximation".
Triskov wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

It does seem unlikely since it would require 18 more books in 9 months, or 2 books per month.
It's an "approximation".

Doujinshi are included in this equation.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Triskov wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

It's an "approximation".

You mean physical Doujinshi or would you include Digiyal only Doujinshi in that equation?

Also would you count another Doujin Box set as 1 book or depends how many are inside?

I counted the Saitom Box as 1
luckydog001 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
Triskov wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

It's an "approximation".

You mean physical Doujinshi or would you include Digiyal only Doujinshi in that equation?

Also would you count another Doujin Box set as 1 book or depends how many are inside?

I counted the Saitom Box as 1

Any doujin with the book tag. Digital or physical in english. That the only logical way that 20 book part of the story could work since fakku releases 10-12 books a year at best unless jacob is kicking it hard on the printers and translators for now on with more releases.

If we just go by this years releases then:

Ecchi Sketch!

Sweet Popcorn
Lust Vampire Academy
The Little Admiral's Wife is the Harbour Princess
A Kiss for the Petals 1-3
Goddess Drop
Penis lord
Little Brother Sharing
Tennis Club's Aphrodisiac Threesome

Working Fire Valk
Young Cock Party

Bold being fakku. Then it's going to be a over 20 year if we mix fakku only releases if the avg keeps on trucking.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Any doujin with the book tag. Digital or physical in english. That the only logical way that 20 book part of the story could work since fakku releases 10-12 books a year at best unless jacob is kicking it hard on the printers and translators for now on with more releases.

Ecchi Sketch!

Sweet Popcorn
Lust Vampire Academy
Goddess Drop
Penis lord
Little Brother Sharing

Working Fire Valk
Young Cock Party

Bold being fakku. Then it's going to be a over 20 year if we mix fakku only releases if the avg keeps on trucking.

I think they are also counting Bashful Break as a 2017 title even though the pre-order went up in 2016.

And you are right this seems like the only way possible for them to hit the 20 books a year mark.

If they just released books like normal we are never even gonna break the 15 a year mark.

Doujinshi are my favorite part of FAKKU! But it still can't beat having physical books.

But let's see maybe I am wrong, they did just move 2 more titles into the upcoming section of the Books List and those titles are unannounced...
luckydog001 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

Ecchi Sketch!

Sweet Popcorn
Lust Vampire Academy
Goddess Drop
Penis lord
Little Brother Sharing

Working Fire Valk
Young Cock Party

I think they are also counting Bashful Break as a 2017 title even though the pre-order went up in 2016.

And you are right this seems like the only way possible for them to hit the 20 books a year mark.

If they just released books like normal we are never even gonna break the 15 a year mark.

Doujinshi are my favorite part of FAKKU! But it still can't beat having physical books.

But let's see maybe I am wrong, they did just move 2 more titles into the upcoming section of the Books List and those titles are unannounced...

I think they could also mean digital only in which case its entirely plausible.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Kotaku with the loaded questions as per usual.

Jacob handled it (and himself) incredibly well. Pretty decent interview, kotaku shit aside
animefreak_usa wrote...

No, they aren't. It says 32 physical books had been published so far and 20 more would be published in 2017.
It's someone's error. As to who's error it is, I'm not able to say.
If everything was included as you lay out, it'd be far more than 32 and far more than 20.
YQII FAKKU Translator
As it stands right now, we're looking at exactly 20 "books" to be released in 2017. This includes your typical books and doujinshi compilations, but not individual doujinshi releases. This is assuming there are no delays, which makes it a somewhat optimistic figure. At the same time, we are currently in the middle of hiring more staff, and one of the main reasons for this is to boost the books side of the business in the next few months.

It's hard to tell right now how the next 10 months will turn out, but I believe we'll end up with a total of 15-25 releases at the end of the year, so 20 is a fair estimate.