[Locked] FAKKU Café v5.3

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Echo, hello. ^_^
echoeagle3 Oppai Overlord
luinthoron wrote...
Echo, hello. ^_^

Should I start going through some of those anime from last night? Or I could always get more?
echoeagle3 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Echo, hello. ^_^

Should I start going through some of those anime from last night? Or I could always get more?

Those you think you'd like, at least.
echoeagle3 wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Wassup echo?

not much. You?

Just YouTube shit.
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1: I found it to be rather entertaining. Enough so to continue watching.

On to the next show to test
echoeagle3 wrote...
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1: I found it to be rather entertaining. Enough so to continue watching.

I do like how they did the first episode with showing the same events twice, first with Yuuko invisible and then showing her as well. :D
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
echoeagle3 wrote...
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...

Usagi Drop.

I really don't know how these kinds of shows are appealing.

Also, hello everyone

I agree on the manga. The anime actually stops before the squick happens, so I can imagine it's just a story of a man taking a young relative in, and he and that nice single mom they met will get married, and they'll become a blended family.

Now, if that 'family life' genre is what you mean... I suppose it's seeing some of the things I didn't have in my family, and wished for.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
out of the list luin gave i have seen 3 or 4 off them

and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is a nice anime
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...
echoeagle3 wrote...
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...

Usagi Drop.

Also, hello everyone

I agree on the manga. The anime actually stops before the squick happens, so I can imagine it's just a story of a man taking a young relative in, and he and that nice single mom they met will get married, and they'll become a blended family.

Now, if that 'family life' genre is what you mean... I suppose it's seeing some of the things I didn't have in my family, and wished for.

Slice of life has to mean comedy, or drama. But most of the time you don't get either and its just a shitty show. As far as Im concerned there are only 3 genre's, comedy, action and drama. Things like romance always fall under the umbrella of either comedy or drama. Then things like ecchi is just sexy girls doing sexy things which can also just be under one of the others. Saying its a shounen, shoujo or whatever is just a demographic.

@Luin Yuuko seems pretty sexy too
echoeagle3 wrote...

Indeed. *nods*
echoeagle3 wrote...
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...
echoeagle3 wrote...
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...

Usagi Drop.

Also, hello everyone

Slice of life has to mean comedy, or drama. But most of the time you don't get either and its just a shitty show. As far as Im concerned there are only 3 genre's, comedy, action and drama. Things like romance always fall under the umbrella of either comedy or drama. Then things like ecchi is just sexy girls doing sexy things which can also just be under one of the others. Saying its a shounen, shoujo or whatever is just a demographic.

And I found Usagi Drop a drama focused on people forming a family. I'm not berating your taste, BTW. Just explaining one of mine.
well anyway I have to try out one of these cutesy seinen to see if they are really deserving of that tag.
echoeagle3 wrote...
well anyway I have to try out one of these cutesy seinen to see if they are really deserving of that tag.

Please report back. You have a good eye for such.
I don't even need to watch the whole episode of this, infact I can't watch it, I think I might puke rainbows if I do. Sakura Trick, listed on MAL as being a seinen, but they clearly state in the opening line that its about a girl in her first year of highschool. Thats already off the mark in terms of character age. Then there is just the absurd amounts of cuteness everywhere. Since when did adult men become pussies so they like that stuff? This show is not a seinen, at all. You guys want to see a real seinen go watch Black Lagoon.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
echo should give Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! ago
echoeagle3 wrote...
You guys want to see a real seinen go watch Black Lagoon.

I'd rather not.

Although that brings up a question - if ST is not seinen, what is it? I really don't see it fall under any of the other usual demographics.

Taz_9000 wrote...

Not sure it would be quite his taste.

I would throw in Re:Zero itself, though, despite Echo's comments form last night. Really would not call it shit like SAO; it's much closer to Grimgar again in its harsh consequences, if tempered a lot by the time rewinding mechanic, but even that won't help with the utter despair seen in some of the middle episodes. The only real problem I have is with Subaru's occasional KonoSuba-level silly outbursts, but otherwise his progress has been quite realistic and enjoyable.

Well, dinner is calling now, so see you all later!
Taz_9000 wrote...

Huh? What on earth makes you think I would like this?

luinthoron wrote...
echoeagle3 wrote...
You guys want to see a real seinen go watch Black Lagoon.

I'd rather not.

Although that brings up a question - if ST is not seinen, what is it? I really don't see it fall under any of the other usual demographics.

Are you telling me you haven't seen Black Lagoon? Then you haven't lived! That show is fucking amazing!

And here is where I ask you to defend your position, I gave a couple reasons why ST doesn't seem like a seinen, you should tell me why you think it does seem like one
echoeagle3 wrote...
And here is where I ask you to defend your position, I gave a couple reasons why ST doesn't seem like a seinen, you should tell me why you think it does seem like one

I'm not saying it seems like one, though, I'm just saying I can see it even less as anything else.
luinthoron wrote...
echoeagle3 wrote...

I'm not saying it seems like one, though, I'm just saying I can see it even less as anything else.

Seinen is probably the least likely demographic for it. It would fit better in any other one. Make it a shounen and focus more on the yuri aspects, since younger boys tend to find two girls kissing super entertaining. This isn't so much the case with adult men. Or you can make it a shoujo and focus more on romance. Females are known to be more open about sexuality as long as love is involved.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
echoeagle3 wrote...
Taz_9000 wrote...

Huh? What on earth makes you think I would like this?

nothing.
its just a cute anime