[Locked] FAKKU Redesign

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...
When can we expect to see the redesign of FAKKU! go live?

It already is.

Not for subscribers. You get to test it for us, apparently.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

There's a few subscribers in here that have it enabled
SiriusGamer The Collector
Drifter995 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

Yeah but its still considered beta, I was just wondering when they will complete it and get rid of the old design for everybody, has anyone encountered any major bugs in the redesign? If it works fine I'll give it a shot.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
SiriusGamer wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

Yeah but its still considered beta, I was just wondering when they will complete it and get rid of the old design for everybody, has anyone encountered any major bugs in the redesign? If it works fine I'll give it a shot.

the old design will go soon, most major issues have been fixed.
Taz_9000 wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

Yeup! Probably this week it will go live (be default) for everyone. But the redesign is now just as stable as the old design, so it's all good to turn on.
SiriusGamer The Collector
Jacob wrote...
Taz_9000 wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

Yeup! Probably this week it will go live (be default) for everyone. But the redesign is now just as stable as the old design, so it's all good to turn on.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

On a side note were there any fixes implemented to the 2-Step Verification system? I contacted FAKKU! support early January that it wasn't working correctly for me, Taylor told me that it will be further looked into, I haven't touched it since then. Will there be some sort of announcement or do I just have to test it out each month or so?
Was this a clever way to force us to subscribe?
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Was this a clever way to force us to subscribe?

maybe
SiriusGamer wrote...
Jacob wrote...
Taz_9000 wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
SiriusGamer wrote...

It already is.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

On a side note were there any fixes implemented to the 2-Step Verification system? I contacted FAKKU! support early January that it wasn't working correctly for me, Taylor told me that it will be further looked into, I haven't touched it since then. Will there be some sort of announcement or do I just have to test it out each month or so?

I'll take a look today!
The background seems to have this scratchy texture now...

I like it!
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
So beta over and now active? Because i can't turn it off.
muzicfreq One tired person
This is soooo odd now on mobile
muzicfreq wrote...
This is soooo odd now on mobile

Hopefully it should be a lot smoother and more responsive, let me know if anything is broken!
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Well, then... Four issues I've noticed so far:

No new post indicator for Chat Topics & Forum Games on the main forums page.

No confirmation messages anymore when adding chapters to the Read Later list (haven't had the chance to add anything to favorites/collections yet). Not necessarily a big problem, but it actually made me check the list to make sure they were properly added. If possible, I would also suggest moving the Read Later list higher in the collections dropdown (after Favorites?) for easier use without the need to scroll down if someone has a lot of collections (although a separate button like we had before would always be preferable).

Post anchor links point to post content, not post header (up-/downvote arrows, username, post number, quote/edit/delete links, etc.). A minor annoyance most of the time, but it is a bit silly that you need to scroll up to quote a post or quickly edit your new post after noticing a typo.

Spoiler and its content do not center properly in my signature (even adding separate alignment tag inside the spoiler does not center it relative to the full width of the spoiler, as testing showed).

Things I don't really consider problems, but found worthy of pointing out:

Posts with smaller or no avatars can seem misaligned, it might be better to use a fixed width avatar area for all posts.

Blue links don't seem to fit the overall color theme of the site, it might be a good idea to use the usual Fakku brownish red, especially for section/topic titles where it would match the color of the read/unread indicator.

Also, shouldn't the store design be updated accordingly as well?
Jacob wrote...
let me know if anything is broken!

When you go to a users profile there used to be a button below their profile picture to send a direct message, it seems to have disappeared now.
623 FAKKU QA
Hate to whine but not a huge fan of mobile. Any chance of getting a link to desktop mode like before?
muzicfreq One tired person
Would kinda like avatars shown in mobile
Also in mobile mode quotes can start to turn to letter noodles.
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but there is no longer the time of posting above new chapters being added on the main page. I found the "posted xx minutes/hours/days ago" very convenient to reference for where I last read a new chapter. Please add this back in some capacity.
Can you change it back?

For some reason it did change to the new one. I don't like the new one at the current moment.
luinthoron wrote...
No new post indicator for Chat Topics & Forum Games on the main forums page.

Post anchor links point to post content, not post header (up-/downvote arrows, username, post number, quote/edit/delete links, etc.). A minor annoyance most of the time, but it is a bit silly that you need to scroll up to quote a post or quickly edit your new post after noticing a typo.

luckydog001 wrote...
Jacob wrote...
let me know if anything is broken!

When you go to a users profile there used to be a button below their profile picture to send a direct message, it seems to have disappeared now.

These issues have been fixed!