Project-H News

Pages 12Next
Smuggins Just Some Guy
This may seem like a whine, but really, I want to save people the time I spent.

Long Story: Purchased "Girls Shock" from PH about 2 months ago, noticed the PDF was 'backwards' (2nd to last page in PDF was 1st page of story in print). Talked to Rebecca Bolen and was told it would be fixed.

I pinged occasionally over last two months, nothing. Noticed she had a phone number in the email sig, so I called today. Turns out she has not worked there for about two months. However, her contact is still all over the site (about us and faq). So, waiting to hear back about PDF.

Short Story: Contact info for PH is incorrect, if you can, you probably want to ping them on Kickstarter.

Rant: I love the idea of a robust H market that delivers printed goods, but man, if it weren't for Fakku, I would just be the saddest. So, big shout out to Fakku for stepping up and not just doing the bare minimum, but knocking it out of the g*d* ballpark. I have always been pleased with quality of product and have never waited more than a day for an order issue to be responded to. Just picked up the lastest two books, can't wait.
Honestly, at this point I've given up on Project-H...

Seems like they have no idea how to market their own products and I get the feeling their inner workings are a complete mess.

For me its only FAKKU, imported hentai, and good ol' icarus publishing books for me.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Everyone's giving up on them. I doubt anyone going to support their kickstarters anymore. The Child's time pre-orders not gotta get shit. Quality back to crap. Delays.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
must_kill_moe_weee wrote...
...imported hentai, and good ol' icarus publishing books for me.

I miss icarus. I never heard what happened there, only that the main guy Simon ran into some medical issues. I would do imported, if I could read japanese. I was hoping DuoLingo might have some classes eventually.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
animefreak_usa wrote...
The Child's time pre-orders not gotta get shit.

I saw that KS, but it didn't seem H, so I skipped it.
Smuggins wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
The Child's time pre-orders not gotta get shit.

I saw that KS, but it didn't seem H, so I skipped it.

Japanese tankobons she shlicks in front of a computer and there some loli oppai boobs/dfc but nothing to be hentai for.
Spoiler:
In the end she fuck her teacher but she 15/16 then.
What is the chances it's pure and unfucked with? Even ex-employees said it's a shit show of underpaid and unmet timelines and force rush projects.

Now if they had a plan of using the KS money to print store copies also i woulda bought the first vol ominbus but they wanted it all or nothing so... i have scans or buying second hand copies later. At least with jacob he proved if he say he gonna print it it happens with a few delays. He batting .960 with NTR2 and the physical of hanafuda missing. Even got my first vol of overfiend.

I do find it weird they are the only publishers still on newsrag and squid ink. Not even on viz quality which is the standard cheap paper. Even yenpress is using a decent paper on their LN's. Manga is damn near tankobon without the dustcover. You would think with the popularity with Vanilla essence and the second editions that they would switch to that standard.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
Smuggins wrote...
I was hoping DuoLingo might have some classes eventually.

The good news is https://incubator.duolingo.com/courses/ja/en/status
The bad news is after checking Polish for English speakers I fully don't expect to learn a whole lot from this app...

Checking seven seas for "Genki - An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese [Second Edition] (2011)" might be better idea.

Well maybe I shouldn't be so negative about small app since I started learning English from game's subtitles and picked a lot of Japanese words from anime but unfortunately Japanese requires learning 2 new "alphabets" and fucking lot of complicated symbols so start learning katakana and hiragana right now since that's basics of everything to come.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
animefreak_usa wrote...
.. the physical of hanafuda missing. Even got my first vol of overfiend.

Ya, I would like to get a physical on that, but I understand why they are careful.

Good to know I didn't miss out.

I originally found PH because I had really enjoyed "Sundome" which is more E I guess.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Dashiell wrote...
Checking seven seas for "Genki - An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese [Second Edition] (2011)" might be better idea.

Cool, I'll have to check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

Ya, I have been checking the Japanese incubator over the years... but it might also just be my laziness. I got some ways into French, but never to a conversational level :)
Smuggins wrote...

I originally found PH because I had really enjoyed "Sundome" which is more E I guess.

Wouldn't it be Yen press then? Since they did print all 8 vols.
animefreak_usa wrote...
He batting .960 with NTR2 and the physical of hanafuda missing.

I wanted NTR2 so bad...but it's probably dead now.

Been completely removed from the book release list and is no longer in the "announced", section
luckydog001 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
He batting .960 with NTR2 and the physical of hanafuda missing.

I wanted NTR2 so bad...but it's probably dead now.

Been completely removed from the book release list and is no longer in the "announced", section

Wow.... that bums me out. Can we just get a digital only like hanafuda or a kickstarter/indiegogo/offshore betting rig manned by pirates and the insane? Is it a print thing or a payment one?
animefreak_usa wrote...
Wow.... that bums me out. Can we just get a digital only like hanafuda or a kickstarter/indiegogo/offshore betting rig manned by pirates and the insane? Is it a print thing or a payment one?

I am with you I was depressed when I saw it disappear, it actually disappeared back in March around when F4U's book went on sale.

And I agree if they won't print it cause of the content I would settle for digital only.

At least for digital we still get to download and own it.
Smuggins wrote...
...imported hentai, and good ol' icarus publishing books for me.

I miss icarus. I never heard what happened there, only that the main guy Simon ran into some medical issues. I would do imported, if I could read japanese. I was hoping DuoLingo might have some classes eventually.

Yea, its a real shame. Because after buying Afterschool Sex Club by Tuna Empire.... HOOOOOOOLLLLLLLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT was it good.

I gotta get the remaining two other tuna empire books and their remaining books.

I'm really hoping if possible FAKKU could publish tuna empire books but it's a long shot.
Thanks for the heads up about Project-H and Rebecca B no longer being on board, Smuggins. I figured something was up when their twitter went pretty silent in the past few weeks as well. Between that and the reversion to the old, lower quality, paper, things are not looking too good for them as of now. Thankfully FAKKU seems to be doing swimmingly at the moment and continues to put out high quality print releases, in addition to the growing number of sub chapters on the site.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
animefreak_usa wrote...
Smuggins wrote...

Wouldn't it be Yen press then? Since they did print all 8 vols.

You caught me :) I should have elaborated more and said, since I enjoyed Yen Press' "Sundome" so much, I started looking around online for other companies. I had followed Eros and Icarus, but hadn't done a 'global' web search in a while. Same way I ran across Fakku.

As far as I know, the only english H publishers are Fakkue and PH. If someone else has another, let me know! Because I totally need yet another place to send money to :)
MakiMyAngeru Reco is my Goddess
you need to experience the bad, to appreciate the good ;p
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
If I think about now, the Yamatogawa kickstarter seems to be the last great decision they made. I'm grateful for the Yamatogawa kickstarter...
I once sent in a job application for a position at Project-H....

There requirements were beyond ridiculous....
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
I once sent in a job application for a position at Project-H....

There requirements were beyond ridiculous....

They might be ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the paper quality of their books...
Forum Image: http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/supa-hot-fire.gif
Pages 12Next