If water is transparent then why is the sea blue?

animefreak_usa Child of Samael
The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue."
CronaBaka Mellow Yellow
animefreak_usa wrote...
The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue."

It's also the reason why many deep sea fish species are red in color.
animefreak_usa wrote...

You also know how to make meth n roofies?

Forum Image: http://media.salon.com/2013/09/walter_white_twitter.jpg
Manes wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

You also know how to make meth n roofies?

Forum Image: http://media.salon.com/2013/09/walter_white_twitter.jpg

I live in Fresno I can make that shit on my porch under 5 mins.
I'm no gentleman.

Oh hey reminds me! A lady's daughter got slammed in the head with the door cause some guy didn't hold it?

I didn't think it was his fault your daughters just fucking stupid and lazy. Thought that as she was ranting to herself as we were walking in pfft See! Look!! I open the door!! It's manners!
(Expensive hotel so...."those people") The world is here to wax there buttholes. Yeah kay.
Sgt.broski Where's the futa Jacob
Because God made it that way.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Checkmate athiests.
better question is why does the rain make you kill?