Cleaning tips?

AshellSeasucker Æ Ø Å
I didn't find a topic about cleaning your collection so i thought it would be nice here so people could discuss different ways for an easy time cleaning an collection.

As a starting point and something that i am curious about. How should i go about cleaning my PVC figures? They are placed on my desk so it's a given that food or something will end up on them one day. But for general dusting i just use a microfiber cloth.
Hmm, I get a bit intense when I clean my collection, so I usually use a bit of computer duster and a pipe cleaner for some of the more intricate
areas. For the bases and shelves I use a rag, though. If the figure itself gets dirty, I would recommend using a very light soap in warm water to scrub dirt off. I've only had to do that for the figures I have exposed to direct air, my anime pvc's are in glass displays.
AshellSeasucker Æ Ø Å
Stonedtanuki wrote...
Hmm, I get a bit intense when I clean my collection, so I usually use a bit of computer duster and a pipe cleaner for some of the more intricate
areas. For the bases and shelves I use a rag, though. If the figure itself gets dirty, I would recommend using a very light soap in warm water to scrub dirt off. I've only had to do that for the figures I have exposed to direct air, my anime pvc's are in glass displays.

I don't have any glass displays so all of them are exposed to air. Only four figures so far tho but i'm planning on getting more, since i really enjoy the collecting. thanks for the tips tho.
AshellSeasucker wrote...
Stonedtanuki wrote...

I don't have any glass displays so all of them are exposed to air. Only four figures so far tho but i'm planning on getting more, since i really enjoy the collecting. thanks for the tips tho.

Cool! Yeah no problem, happy to offer. I only mentioned the glass displays because I smoke and out of all the stuff I have I really don't want my imports exposed to it too much; so if you're not as filthy as I am you should be fine with just the minor dusting.

Which four do you have, if you don't mind my asking. Scale or nendoroids?
AshellSeasucker Æ Ø Å
Stonedtanuki wrote...
AshellSeasucker wrote...
Stonedtanuki wrote...

Cool! Yeah no problem, happy to offer. I only mentioned the glass displays because I smoke and out of all the stuff I have I really don't want my imports exposed to it too much; so if you're not as filthy as I am you should be fine with just the minor dusting.

Scale, i like those the best. And i like them even better if you can't move the limbs since they look more proper that way.
AshellSeasucker wrote...
Stonedtanuki wrote...
AshellSeasucker wrote...
Stonedtanuki wrote...

Scale, i like those the best. And i like them even better if you can't move the limbs since they look more proper that way.

Gotcha, I'm the same way, though I do have a number of nendoroids, too.
Soap and water and a toothbrush.