[Locked] FAKKU Redesign

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
I see you've also followed my suggestion to move the Read Later list higher in the dropdown list. Thank you, that is quite helpful!

edit:

Jacob wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Post anchor links point to post content, not post header (up-/downvote arrows, username, post number, quote/edit/delete links, etc.). A minor annoyance most of the time, but it is a bit silly that you need to scroll up to quote a post or quickly edit your new post after noticing a typo.

These issues have been fixed!

Now it seems to go to the end of the post instead.
I just realized that with the redesign I have no way of gifting someone a book.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Found another interesting issue - posts in forum search results lack any indication of which thread they're from.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
luinthoron wrote...
Found another interesting issue - posts in forum search results lack any indication of which thread they're from.

plus if you click on a user and goto their profile, and click on post, it will show their post but not the thread the posted in.
The old bug from last year where the first post of a new thread page is invisible has returned.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
Using html in the comment section still makes problems as often the code is not recognized...
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Gravity cat wrote...
  • I don't really see much point in the Create Poll button anymore. Would it be easier to have a tick box on the Create Topic page on whether you want a Poll on it or not?

I've just noticed this is now a thing.
Neat.
AustKyzor HNNNG Patient Zero
Apologies for the necromancy, but...

I have one, and only one issue with the re-design

The read later function.

The old design I could go straight to it with the menu - but now there's no link to it from the account drop-down.

I can live without the button, but having the extra navigation step is annoying at best, and mood-killing at worst :/
AustKyzor wrote...
Apologies for the necromancy, but...

I have one, and only one issue with the re-design

The read later function.

The old design I could go straight to it with the menu - but now there's no link to it from the account drop-down.

I can live without the button, but having the extra navigation step is annoying at best, and mood-killing at worst :/

I'll look into making it easier to access, still tweaking things all over the place with the new design
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Just noticed I can follow tags now (or could I before and never even noticed?)!

Since some chapters have many tags, I think sorting tags so that 'followed tags' (green) sort to the front of the tag list (thereby showing on the main Fakku scroll) would be a good UX feature. Otherwise, the user is going into every story anyway, just to see if their followed tags appear in green.