I dont get how this works

I thought Fakku was using a subscription model, you subscribe, you get access to all the content. But i was looking around and noticed that some of the content simply has a "purchase" link instead of the usual "subscribe to view" notice, and its pretty expensive ($6 for about 20 pages, which I think includes blank pages, credits and misc drawings).

Can anyone please explain how this works? So a subscription doesnt give you access to all the contnet? Is there a tier system or something?
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Fakku actually started with the books, with the magazine subscriptions added only later, just so you know. But that aside, basically there are the magazines that are part of the subscription, the books that you can/have to buy separately (and that also exist as actual paperbacks), and the probably most confusing part for you - various doujinshi releases by both Fakku and other publishers (Shikimaya, Yuri-ism) that can be quite expensive as doujinshi usually are, but can in case of those published by Fakku itself also be available for subscribers to read for free, but would in that case still need you to buy them if you want a downloadable version.
Is there a link that will show exactly what is included with a subscription?
The FAKKU subscription gives you access to everything under the Subscription Tag that's 2,000+ uploads.

Within that tag will be some of the purchasable doujinshi. The subscription give you'd access to the 5 7 magazines they publish and some western authors they work with.

The ones that say purchase could either be doujinshi or FAKKU BOOKS those books are $9.99 for 200+ pages (the all color books have less then 200 pages but are still $9.99)

Edit: my bad
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
luckydog001 wrote...
5 magazines they publish

7. It's 7 magazines they publish. In the order they're given on the Magazines page:

Comic Kairakuten
Comic Shitsurakuten
Comic X-Eros
Girls forM
Comic Bavel
Comic Kairakuten BEAST
Comic Europa

Plus the FAKKU Originals that are not listed there.
YQII FAKKU Translator
This FAQ should answer most questions related to the subscription. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me directly.
Most of the doujin are separate purchases.
This same concern comes up every now and then. I don't blame you, OP. It is confusing to see some purchasable content mixed in with the rest of the subscription content. However it is also in FAKKU's best interest to present them there. Every artist deserves the same visibility as the next. Nobody is trying to keep you away from content but it happens to be the case that certain works (outside of the subscription) have special arrangements. Some will be exclusively for purchase, some will be available to everyone (and also have purchase options), and some will be released for purchase and later added to the subscription library. Hope you can come to understand it that way. FAKKU is trying to be fair to artists, and not at our expense.
Think of it like amazon prime and anime strike. Even though you get a lot of tv shows off the prime to get the animu you need to pay for the strike channel. Or like cable tv. You can get x number of channels but to get hbo, the MLB season pass or to watch a fight is a separate payment.
I get where this subscriber is coming from. You paid for a service to positively contribute to this industry only to find a ton of pay walls with independently contracted content. Essentially purchasing two digital books or doujin equals almost an entire months subscription. But like others have said if you are new you have literally thousands of entries to keep you occupied for a longwhile. It would be nice if they had a platinum unlimited access tier where this was not an issue, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. Plus there are many independent purchases that probably do not interest you at all.
katkenny32 wrote...
It would be nice if they had a platinum unlimited access tier where this was not an issue, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. Plus there are many independent purchases that probably do not interest you at all.

I don't think this could work because the doujinshi behind a paywall are usually doujinshi published by Shikimaya or Yuri-ism and they're technically separate from Fakku as far as I know and just use Fakku to sell them (greater visibility here). Just because you pay more to Fakku wouldn't necessarily mean they as a group have to give you all their stuff. That's how I figure at least.
623 wrote...
katkenny32 wrote...
It would be nice if they had a platinum unlimited access tier where this was not an issue, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. Plus there are many independent purchases that probably do not interest you at all.

I don't think this could work because the doujinshi behind a paywall are usually doujinshi published by Shikimaya or Yuri-ism and they're technically separate from Fakku as far as I know and just use Fakku to sell them (greater visibility here). Just because you pay more to Fakku wouldn't necessarily mean they as a group have to give you all their stuff. That's how I figure at least.

It'd also mean lower returns for the books, which would hardly make them worth doing digitally. Cause instead of the profit of $10 from one going to just one book, the extra say $10 goes to all the books, which split across them is very little.
And with how many people complain about the current price, I don't see a large enough amount of people going up that tier for the digital books to make it worth