Oh dear...

Pages Prev12
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
You're contradicting yourself. First you say stereotypes aren't stereotypes if other groups do it as well: "That "stereotype" you mentioned would still be wrong. Since many of them are done by other races as well."

Now you're saying hoodrats is a stereotype despite other races being within that group of people. With that said, I can't really take your argument seriously. Please try again.
FinalBoss wrote...
You're contradicting yourself. First you say stereotypes aren't stereotypes if other groups do it as well: "That "stereotype" you mentioned would still be wrong. Since many of them are done by other races as well."

Now you're saying hoodrats is a stereotype despite other races being within that group of people. With that said, I can't really take your argument seriously. Please try again.

you're kidding right?

Stereotypes aren't always race based. I didn't contradict myself. The stereotype I was referring to was to hoodrats stealing shoes. You're the one assuming that it's because they're black.
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

you're kidding right?

Stereotypes aren't always race based. I didn't contradict myself. The stereotype I was referring to was to hoodrats stealing shoes. You're the one assuming that it's because they're black.

I'm aware stereotypes aren't always race based, that wasn't my argument. My arguments was that you said two different things regarding the nature of stereotyping. One being other groups can participate in the behavior, the other stating they can't. Please keep up.
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

you're kidding right?

I'm aware stereotypes aren't always race based, that wasn't my argument. My arguments was that you said two different things regarding the nature of stereotyping. One being other groups can participate in the behavior, the other stating they can't. Please keep up.

Your comprehension level must be extremely low.

You're stating that my points are completely different from what I actually said. You're like a high school English teacher that thinks they knew the "true" meaning behind a writers work when said writers meaning was literal.

I said stereotypes are about the people they are about. If you don't participate in those actions, don't assume that you're part of the stereotype. If you're getting offended, then you either think you are a part of that group or are getting offended on someone else's behalf.

I never once said that different people can't perpetrate a stereotype.

I don't even understand how you misconstrued that.

YOU are the one that assumed that the stereotype that I was referencing was "blacks looting" when it was in fact "hoodrats stealing shoes while looting" and then insinuating that I'm racist.

You first admitted to freaky that you "didn't think" I meant something and instead you assumed I meant something completely different. Then you have the balls to tell me that your were misunderstanding my position because I was being vague. Now you're back to assuming my position and even going as far as to accuse me of making a self contradicting argument when it was you failing to understand it.

Your condescending attitude only furthers the concept that you're completely talking out of your ass.
Alright, I'll leave it at that if you can explain this statement you made a few posts earlier.:

That "stereotype" you mentioned would still be wrong. Since many of them are done by other races as well.

If what you're saying is true, then why did you make this statement suggesting that only one group of individuals can perform a stereotype?
FinalBoss wrote...
Alright, I'll leave it at that if you can explain this statement you made a few posts earlier.:

That "stereotype" you mentioned would still be wrong. Since many of them are done by other races as well.

If what you're saying is true, then why did you make this statement suggesting that only one group of individuals can perform a stereotype?

-_-

The stereotype I was originally talking about was about hoodrats. So it didn't matter what race they were.

The stereotype YOU said were completely race based.

"Whites make wmds."

"whites kills their kids."

"whites commit mass shootings."

Stereotypes can be perpetrated by any race. However, if the stereotype is ABOUT a certain group of people, then that makes it a stereotype about THAT group. Just because something is a stereotype doesn't mean that reality fucking warps so that only THAT group can do that actions from then on.

The reason that those stereotypes are wrong is because you insinuated that ONLY WHITES do it. It's one thing if the stereotype is just that a group of people does something but it's completely another if you're saying only that group does it.

holy shit are you legit retarded?
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

-_-

The stereotype I was originally talking about was about hoodrats. So it didn't matter what race they were.

"Whites make wmds."

Stereotypes can be perpetrated by any race. However, if the stereotype is ABOUT a certain group of people, then that makes it a stereotype about THAT group. Just because something is a stereotype doesn't mean that reality fucking warps so that only THAT group can do that actions from then on.

The reason that those stereotypes are wrong is because you insinuated that ONLY WHITES do it. It's one thing if the stereotype is just that a group of people does something but it's completely another if you're saying only that group does it.

You misquoted me, I said whites are more likely to do those things, not that only they do those things. But even then, I was just using those statements as an example of what NOT to do (I don't actually believe in those stereotypes or any stereotypes for that matter.), which is give in to stereotypes since according to you, they are necessary. Even if you were talking about hoodrats in general (By hoodrats do you mean impoverished people by chance?), you have this attitude as if ALL hoodrats are responsible for a few within that group's misdeeds. You said yourself multiple times that if they don't want there to be stereotypes about them, then they shouldn't reinforce those stereotypes by doing things like this. That suggests to me that you're blaming all hoodrats. That's where I have to find fault in your judgement. Rather than putting a label on them and faulting that group of people, fault the individual(s) instead. Even some rich or well off people steal. We're all responsible for wiping our own asses.

I still have my suspicions about what you really meant to be honest, mainly because of my vague understanding of what you mean by hoodrat. Depending on the definition you give, I can't really inquire any further. If by hoodrat you mean an impoverished person, then read the above statements I made. If you mean an impoverished person who does bad deeds, then uh...no duh? In that case, saying hoodrats should stop stealing would be like saying murderers should stop killing people if they don't want negative opinions about them. I may be missing an alternative definition, so feel free to give one you deem worthy of the title hoodrat.
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

-_-

"Whites make wmds."

You misquoted me, I said whites are more likely to do those things, not that only they do those things. But even then, I was just using those statements as an example of what NOT to do (I don't actually believe in those stereotypes or any stereotypes for that matter.), which is give in to stereotypes since according to you, they are necessary. Even if you were talking about hoodrats in general (By hoodrats do you mean impoverished people by chance?), you have this attitude as if ALL hoodrats are responsible for a few within that group's misdeeds. You said yourself multiple times that if they don't want there to be stereotypes about them, then they shouldn't reinforce those stereotypes by doing things like this. That suggests to me that you're blaming all hoodrats. That's where I have to find fault in your judgement. Rather than putting a label on them and faulting that group of people, fault the individual(s) instead. Even some rich or well off people steal. We're all responsible for wiping our own asses.

I still have my suspicions about what you really meant to be honest, mainly because of my vague understanding of what you mean by hoodrat. Depending on the definition you give, I can't really inquire any further. If by hoodrat you mean an impoverished person, then read the above statements I made. If you mean an impoverished person who does bad deeds, then uh...no duh? In that case, saying hoodrats should stop stealing would be like saying murderers should stop killing people if they don't want negative opinions about them. I may be missing an alternative definition, so feel free to give one you deem worthy of the title hoodrat.

yeah you've just made it impossible to take your seriously.

You just assumed your own definition of hoodrat as "impoverish" people. It's like your whole purpose is to throw out accusations.

Would it be easier for you if I said CRIMINALS?

like holy shit something is wrong with you.
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

-_-

"Whites make wmds."

You just assumed your own definition of hoodrat as "impoverish" people. It's like your whole purpose is to throw out accusations.

I already admitted that I didn't know what you meant by hoodrat, I was waiting for your definition while coming up with possible rebuttals. Based on your definition of the term, you're just stating the obvious. Saying hoodrats should stop stealing is no different than saying murderers should stop killing. It's a dry and pointless statement on the level of a beauty pageant contestant answering her dream is for world peace.
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

-_-

"Whites make wmds."

I already admitted that I didn't know what you meant by hoodrat, I was waiting for your definition while coming up with possible rebuttals. Based on your definition of the term, you're just stating the obvious. Saying hoodrats should stop stealing is no different than saying murderers should stop killing. It's a dry and pointless statement on the level of a beauty pageant contestant answering her dream is for world peace.

except that's all based on your own view. So you admit your whole reason for replying is to push an argument where you were wrong but still wanted to debate. got it.
Nah, it all started with a misunderstanding. Normally when someone says something of that nature, you don't think they are stating the obvious and refering to criminals in general.
FinalBoss wrote...
Nah, it all started with a misunderstanding. Normally when someone says something of that nature, you don't think they are stating the obvious and refering to criminals in general.

I obviously mean a certain group of criminals. Like how if I said Thug, I'd obviously mean big guys wearing baggy clothes with aggressive attitudes going around beating up people. With hoodrat it would mean skinny guys going around stealing shoes off of peoples feet or like the guys in the video. Race doesn't matter since that isn't what I was referring to.
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

I obviously mean a certain group of criminals. Like how if I said Thug, I'd obviously mean big guys wearing baggy clothes with aggressive attitudes going around beating up people. With hoodrat it would mean skinny guys going around stealing shoes off of peoples feet or like the guys in the video. Race doesn't matter since that isn't what I was referring to.

At first you didn't even say hoodrats though. You said "they". Not to mention you made that statement right after the other members like Drifter were talking about race issues. Anyone would've easily misunderstood what you were saying. Even Freaky misunderstood when he thought you were just talking about blacks who loot.
FinalBoss wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

At first you didn't even say hoodrats though. You said "they". Not to mention you made that statement right after the other members like Drifter were talking about race issues. Anyone would've easily misunderstood what you were saying. Even Freaky misunderstood when he thought you were just talking about blacks who loot.

I'm not responsible for what other people say. I saw the video, I commented without looking at who else did. I didn't realize I needed to go the extra mile to call them hoodrats, otherwise I'd get called racist. I shouldn't have to clarify that I'm not being racist if what I'm saying isn't inherently racist. My initial comment didn't make any mention of hoodrats sure, but I also didn't make any kind of derogatory statements towards blacks.
I never said you were responsible, I never even said you're to blame for the misunderstanding. I was just giving you a rationale for why it was a misunderstanding.
Dem bois dindu nuffin
Pages Prev12