Tags Disappearing

Why is the Netorare tag disappearing from old stuff?

A good example of this is with the Katsura Family series and Wife-Monetize.

I don't know how tagging works, mind, so if people can just get rid of them, I dunno. Still seems a bit silly.
Someone probably submitted a support ticket saying the were inaccurately tagged cause both those series in particular do not fall under the full definition of “Netorare”.

Then after that a staff member probably removed the tag.

For people who enjoy NTR seeing the NTR tag only to find out this isn’t full NTR just cheating...well that’s just a letdown.
I suppose that makes sense. It just feels weird because some of the stuff to lose it DOES fall into NTR.

That Wife Monetize, for example, is totally NTR. I can't say much about the Katsura Family one, but there's another by F4, the name of which escapes me, doing the same.

It's strange that the tag itself only has 7 pages, haha. Seems to be the most contested tag, if it's removed so often.
Wife Monetize actually isn’t NTR due to the fact that during the 2 chapters we saw the husband never actually “lost” his wife therefore never felt the emotional betrayal.

Yes many people will say that it was inferred and right after he gets back to the house that day he will be the true cuck, however in that actual story he still holds onto the belief that his wife will return to him after the debt is paid.

Regarding F4U there are a few chapters where NTR applies and is tagged as such:

KaraOrchestra (This is NTR roleplay and counts [in my opinion])
The truth is we’re a couple

However an example of not NTR tagt is tagged as NTR is:

Don’t let your wife go to her class reunion
That's the one. And I see your first point, I guess my personal definition is a bit too broad, eh?

Thanks for the explanations. I come on this site on and off, so it's weird to be gone, then come back and find my usual tags looking different.

It'd be cool if that stuff was straightened out, in the future. Ho hum.
I'm curious - who actually does the tagging? It's common for mis-tagging and in some cases obvious tags completely missing.
Kuzembo wrote...
I'm curious - who actually does the tagging? It's common for mis-tagging and in some cases obvious tags completely missing.

Although I am sure she is not the only staff member doing tagging there is @carrie_

I also believe @Tsujoi has done some tagging.
At the moment, I do most of the tagging. If you want to talk about tags, the most effective way to do that is through Discord!

In general, tagging is really challenging. So much of it is subjective, but I promise I'm doing my best to tag in a way that both meets our standards and makes sense to a majority of our users.

It's impossible to please everyone with tags all of the time, but I'm always trying to improve!