Best incognito way to pay?

Pages 12Next
I'm looking to buy my first book or two.

But I need an incognito way to pay for it. This means using some sort of payment that doesn't have my personal information.

I looked into Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards, but those have fees and I need to provide personal information to use them.

I want something similar to a gift card; any kind of payment that doesn't require any personal information and had no fees. All I want to use is my cash, that gets converted into credit.

Are there other ways to buy books?
> I looked into Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards, but those have fees and I need to provide personal information to use them.

Maybe try looking for non-reloadable gift cards? You may need to provide information to get the card, but after that it isn't necessarily linked to you. If you do this, probably try a smaller amount first to make sure the payment works. I imagine you can't get away from the fees though.
Oh, I forgot about GIFT cards from Visa or Mastercard.

I'll check those out, thank you!
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
We accept bitcoin for products found in the store, if you can use that!
As much as I like the idea of Bitcoin, I can't really imagine anyone in their right mind would use it as a currency at this point in time. Transaction fees are off the charts, the value is horrendously volatile, and the barriers to entry (at least in the US) are ridiculous. You need to provide ID and SSN in order to trade USD/BTC and some exchanges can take a long time to process your application. It's just not in a good place right now which is a shame because this was one of the better ways to process anonymous transactions.
Tsujoi wrote...
We accept bitcoin for products found in the store, if you can use that!

Steam has removed Bitcoin as a payment option. Others have as well. It's simply not viable until they fix their scaling issues.
The transactions costs are higher than the price of the product the person would be buying. It's insane.
Payment processors will probably require something like $100 or more to process it soon enough. Already tried to do so and backtracked. Probably will do again eventually though.
Sure, could put up personal addresses for various crypto and still have it be automated, but then would also have to personally sell them on exchanges. Since Fakku isn't able to have an account, once the exchange found out, assuming they cared, the personal account would probably be banned. Then there's the matter of withdrawing the money and what the person's personal bank thinks about it. Landmines abound.
Most any crypto would be better to accept than Bitcoin currently. It's unfortunate that Coinbase isn't an option. I haven't looked much at payment processors though.

ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
As much as I like the idea of Bitcoin, I can't really imagine anyone in their right mind would use it as a currency at this point in time. Transaction fees are off the charts, the value is horrendously volatile, and the barriers to entry (at least in the US) are ridiculous. You need to provide ID and SSN in order to trade USD/BTC and some exchanges can take a long time to process your application. It's just not in a good place right now which is a shame because this was one of the better ways to process anonymous transactions.

Japan has legalized crypto as a currency. Whether that's "right mind" is arguable.
There's localbitcoins, but people have been arrested for being an unlicensed money transmitter by using it too much.
When banks are involved, it's only to be expected that the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) laws would be in place.
Even US exchanges that don't use USD, such as Bittrex, require it. Exchanges that use USD are few, and those that are legitimate are even fewer.
I'm not a fan of Bitcoin and I'll just look around my area for Visa or MasterCard gift cards, if those work for buying books on here?
Just bought some books with a Visa gift card.

If anyone wants an incognito way to pay for merchandise, this is absolutely an option.

My only gripe is that a $25 Visa gift card required $4 more to buy the card, making the total $29.

Tis a small price to pay for secrecy.
How can I use two cards to pay for my purchase?

I have left over credit in the gift card and would like to apply another card's credit.

How can I do so?
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
FAKKU-Sukotto wrote...
How can I use two cards to pay for my purchase?

I have left over credit in the gift card and would like to apply another card's credit.

How can I do so?

i don't think you can do this.
I haven't that many places that take 2 cards.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
I'd suggest getting a reloadable visa card to be honest. I think there's a fee with it as well, but you wouldn't run into the issue of having one card with a bit of money left over.
Brittany wrote...
I'd suggest getting a reloadable visa card to be honest. I think there's a fee with it as well, but you wouldn't run into the issue of having one card with a bit of money left over.

I think the problem was that they needed to provide personal information in order to get the reloadable card.
Yes, that's correct. You need to provide personal information to have and use a reloadable card.

I'm just buying gift cards from Visa or Mastercard; they work well for my purpose of secrecy.
I have a prepaid visa to purchase a chapter. But when I go to enter in the credit card info, it asks for the name as printed on the card. But since it's a prepaid card, there is no name on it. How do I solve this? Thanks!
Catgon wrote...
I have a prepaid visa to purchase a chapter. But when I go to enter in the credit card info, it asks for the name as printed on the card. But since it's a prepaid card, there is no name on it. How do I solve this? Thanks!

I use "GIFT CARD" for the first name and "RECIPIENT" for the last name.
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Catgon wrote...

There should be a website or phone number printed on the card or the packaging of the card that you can use to register a name for it.
FAKKU-Sukotto wrote...
Catgon wrote...

And it went through fine?
Catgon wrote...
FAKKU-Sukotto wrote...
Catgon wrote...

And it went through fine?

Isn't that the result you wanted?
Yes of course. I'm just asking if it went through fine for you? Did you have any trouble with it?
Catgon wrote...
Yes of course. I'm just asking if it went through fine for you? Did you have any trouble with it?

I've used 4 VISA prepaid cards to $0 on the FAKKU store and am currently on my 5th VISA prepaid card. It all went through, no problem.

You should be good to go.
Pages 12Next